Nuclear disaster inevitable

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Nuclear disaster inevitable

Post by maryjane48 »

I think we are headed that way
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

oldtrucker wrote:And 2 days ago the doomsday clock(stupid term) moved to 2 minutes to midnight

I just download the Doomsday App for IOS created by Apple. (sorry androidians its not yet available for you.) Apple wants to make sure its users are warned well in advance so it's cult following will continue. Make sure you click yes for notifications.

The Doomsday Clock timekeepers say we're now the closest to global annihilation since 1953
The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists on Thursday moved the Doomsday Clock to two minutes to midnight, the point of global annihilation.
That is the shortest window of time since 1953, when the Soviet Union tested the first hydrogen bomb.
The North Korean nuclear crisis and failure to adequately tackle climate change are top risks, the Bulletin said.
The group leveled a number of criticisms at President Donald Trump.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

must suck living in fear all the time, try living life instead of worrying about things you cant control :up:
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

oldtrucker wrote:And 2 days ago the doomsday clock(stupid term) moved to 2 minutes to midnight

TreeGuy wrote:The Doomsday Clock timekeepers say we're now the closest to global annihilation since 1953

The JWs said Armageddon would happen in 1914. And I would trust JWs a lot more than those dummies that control the Doomsday clock. And I trust the JW guys in New York - zero.

The fact is - here in Canada the worst thing that can happen already happened - Fukushima. We got some of their radiation. I don't know how much.

WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I just hope I don't run out of beer ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no I simply don't care, I don't worry about things that are out of my control I don't have any nuclear weapons [not yet anyway] I also don't really understand why one would want to survive after anyway, personally if the missiles start flying I want one to land in my yard so I don't survive
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

IF there was to be nuclear attack, I want to be able to have a front row seat and be directly under the 1st one dropped on my head.
It's all the suffering and catrostophy that follows that I fear the most.
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

oldtrucker wrote:
MAPearce wrote:I just hope I don't run out of beer ....

Or weed. Come to think of it...historically speaking, sex, weapons and drugs would sell as usual. You could use your beer to trade for other things MAPearce!

Like a fridge to keep it cold ?

Lets face it .. IF "Dooms day" comes it's over ..

Who's gonna get me power for the fridge ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe someone needs to bring all of the players (countries leaders) involved to reshowing of 1983 movie WarGames. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

I think we’re probably closer to a nuclear event than we have ever been since the Cuban missile crisis – the only difference being that during the Cuban missile crisis the standoff was being dealt with by two men who were reasonably sane, while today the event is being considered between two men who are both demonstrably unstable. That condition alone makes the current situation with all its reckless pontification and provocation very precarious by comparison. As already suggested by a couple of posters the best hope would be a direct strike. It may be possible the southern hemisphere escapes the worst, but anyone left anywhere in the northern hemisphere will suffer greatly – no food, no clean water, no medicine, no law and order, and likely not even any sun during a long nuclear winter. A person might prepare their best by stockpiling food, water, arms and ammunition, but life as a scavenger in a world destroyed by violence is not going to be much fun.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:I just hope I don't run out of beer ....

MAPearce wrote:
oldtrucker wrote:
Or weed. Come to think of it...historically speaking, sex, weapons and drugs would sell as usual. You could use your beer to trade for other things MAPearce!

Like a fridge to keep it cold ?

Lets face it .. IF "Dooms day" comes it's over ..

Who's gonna get me power for the fridge ??

Not a problem, just run over to MJ's place, and plug into the, off grid, energy freedom, solar system she installed. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Not a problem, just run over to MJ's place, and plug into the, off grid, energy freedom, solar system she installed. [icon_lol2.gif]

Haha ! But no thanks ... I want my beer for me ..AND cold .
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

MAPearce wrote:

Haha ! But no thanks ... I want my beer for me ..AND cold .

Well it would be cold.............................. in December. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Old Techie wrote: Well it would be cold.............................. in December. [icon_lol2.gif]

Might be December year-round after the firestorm.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Some American warmongers are saying a limited nuclear war somewhere farther away might be a nice idea.
the middle east would be a good place to try it out.

But with 410 nuclear power plants in the world, another Chernobyl is inevitable. Not if, but when.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.

Return to “Social Concerns”