Andrew Weaver is going crazy on Twitter

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Andrew Weaver is going crazy on Twitter

Post by Cactusflower »

It appears that Weaver is doing something right, as he has turned the right-wingers' attention away from their lack-lustre leadership campaign and got them concentrating on more important things.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:This whole Weaver tweet kerfuffle is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot. .

or in this case, a *bleep* on a cell phone.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I think that's what most British Columbians are against anyway.

Well, most really stupid British Columbians who can't do math anyway.

Horgan's popularity proves that the majority of British Columbians think he's doing a good job as Premier.

I think it proves that you can be popular when the party that should be in power that you stole power from has no leader. We'll see when/if Dr. *bleep* of the Green Party brings down Hulk Horgan, how truly popular he is.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Old Techie wrote:I'm happy to see your second paragraph because frankly it's beyond me how at this point you can say the NDP have shown themselves responsible and competent, given that they haven't really done much other than continue with what the Liberals were doing, including their budget

Based on your previous posts it's apparent that you believed the Libs to be both responsible and competent so, presumably, if the NDP have continued doing the same thing, you would also believe their actions to be both responsible and competent. Therefore I'm not sure I understand your point.

That said, you did refer to an NDP deviation from Liberal policy, namely the removal of the bridge tolls. But that particular deviation is one which I support, because we ALL pay taxes for public infrastructure (regardless of where that infrastructure is located) and should all have equal and unfettered access to it. People, who because of where they live in relation to where they work, should not be unduly penalized for needing to use a specific highway, or a specific bridge. How would people react if the Bennett bridge across Lake Okanagan were to become a toll bridge? Or if Highway 97 through the valley was suddenly tolled in certain sections? I doubt local taxes covered the entire cost of either of those structures; most likely some of the taxes from folks in the lower mainland also played a part. So maybe we should give folks down there their portion back (to help pay for their "own" infrastructure) and toll all of ours to make up the difference. Is that what you believe would be a fairer system? Because if so, I don't agree.

About the only reason the NDP have been as "restrained" (if one can call it that even) as they have been, is because the Greens have them by the short hairs.

I would argue it's the other way around. If the Greens ever win enough seats to truly call all the shots in this Province, we'll be a lot poorer for it. It's a lovely idea to turn BC into a nice big Park, but how are we supposed to put food on our table?

Horgan has already done quite a bit of flip flopping from what he promised voters

Name me a politician who hasn't done quite a bit of flip flopping in his or her time, and I'll sell you a trip to Mars.
If you need a refresher on mismanagement you might want to review NDP history.

I HAVE done a review of NDP history and while I don't agree with everything they did, and do recognize they made some mistakes, their "history" is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here would like to have everyone believe. I don't agree with everything the Libs did either, and they also made lots of mistakes, so what's the difference?

My only beef with the NDP is that they have a small group of environmental radicals within their midst, that sometimes have far too much influence on Party Policy. The best thing that could happen to the NDP would be for those environuts to switch their allegiance over to the Greens, and allow the NDP the opportunity to return to being a Party for the average working man.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Cactusflower wrote:This whole Weaver tweet kerfuffle is nothing more than a tempest in a teapot. Weaver and Horgan are probably having fun playing good cop/bad cop. Weaver knows Horgan has no plans to make any LNG deals. Just read a couple of the news links posted on this and the BC Liberal leadership threads here today. And Horgan knows Weaver has no intention of bringing this government down, no matter how much the usual BC Liberal cheerleaders hope it's true.

And this game playing is good for the governance of the Province how?? This is just a foreshadow of how f'ed we will be if proportional representation ever gets adopted. It will be mandates of "don't *bleep* of the party with the votes that can topple the gov't" instead of democratically elected parties that got the most votes and given 4 yrs to enact some policies and then turfed if they fail us. I much prefer kicks at a can that might work than endless debate that has to please everyone that never happens and nothing gets done.
Even in the current situation we can see how much of a failure a minority gov't is. Even the NDP can't enact policy as they might want to for fear that the "sitting three" from the Island will take them down. Personally I would have preferred an NDP majority to see what they could and would truly do rather than this cluster fck brother love fest of high foreheads and testosterone.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Merry wrote:I HAVE done a review of NDP history and while I don't agree with everything they did, and do recognize they made some mistakes, their "history" is nowhere near as bad as some posters on here would like to have everyone believe. I don't agree with everything the Libs did either, and they also made lots of mistakes, so what's the difference?

Since apparently it's not obvious to you, the difference is that under the Liberals we thrive, whereas under the NDP we always get shafted, and at the end of the day have less in our pockets.

Doesn't their incompetence in managing their party's finances give you cause for concern? It does me, and much more so now that my tax money is going to help keep the scum in existence.

That the NDP always favor their union puppet masters, when deciding where to direct funds, has also always been a point of contention, as whenever the NDP are in power, infrastructure suffers, and nothing seems to ever get built, because they direct all the money toward unions that don't need it, and studies that do nothing but buy time, so they can get away with not spending money where they should. The minute Horgan realized he had a surplus who got first dibs? The BCTF, as if they needed it.

Simply put the NDP doesn't govern with an eye toward all the populace, and the public sector government employees are already well done by, despite what the NDP mouthpieces would have people believe.

I will always have a problem with a party that thinks their main supporters (public service unions), are entitled to better than those who pay them.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Andrew Weaver is not crazy. John Horgan is not crazy. People who vote for the NDP or the Green Party are not crazy. Nor are they any of the degrading names you are allowed to call them on this forum.

What I've learned since joining this group of Castanet commenters is that there are an awful lot of brainwashed BC Liberal followers in this valley. They seem to belong to some weird cult that was formed by WAC Bennett of the Social Credit party and has evolved into the BC Liberal coalition.

The condescension and the name-calling of the members of this cult matters not to normal people, so carry on. If Weaver wants to draw a line in the sand, so be it. To say that he has Horgan 'by the short hairs' may not be the silliest thing I've read here, but it's close.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Cactusflower wrote:Andrew Weaver is not crazy. John Horgan is not crazy. People who vote for the NDP or the Green Party are not crazy. Nor are they any of the degrading names you are allowed to call them on this forum.

What I've learned since joining this group of Castanet commenters is that there are an awful lot of brainwashed BC Liberal followers in this valley. They seem to belong to some weird cult that was formed by WAC Bennett of the Social Credit party and has evolved into the BC Liberal coalition.

The condescension and the name-calling of the members of this cult matters not to normal people, so carry on. If Weaver wants to draw a line in the sand, so be it. To say that he has Horgan 'by the short hairs' may not be the silliest thing I've read here, but it's close.

You can always choose to avoid being exposed to others' opinions on the bat-crap crazy duo in Victoria by not going on the forums. The left always tries to muzzle dissenting opinions, as evidenced by your rant, rather than debate on the merits of the statements themselves, because there simply is no defense for the brutal destruction of our province's economy by the NDGreen crazy gong show.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote: To say that he has Horgan 'by the short hairs' may not be the silliest thing I've read here, but it's close.

Guarantee you it's not, for that you'd have to go back and review your own posts.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://biv.com/article/2018/01/weaver- ... negotiable
Why are interviews like this never seen on local or mainstream media?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:Andrew Weaver is not crazy. John Horgan is not crazy. .

No, they are pure opportunists, put in power by really stupid and crazy people, most of whom can't do math.

and what I've learned is that there are people in BC who are almost as gullible as they are moronic, and almost all supporters of the Green Party. These people will believe almost anything, as long as the end result is the killing of our economy, and the general universal suffering of all. I believe that these people aren't just a "cult", but instead share a mental illness, or depression. These people are permanently depressed, and want everyone to be just as depressed and negative as they are. Their view of the future is always negative, and their view of the past is always rose-colored, with nothing to substantiate it whatsoever.

These people are truly sick, and are in desperate need of help. At the very least, these people need to be kept as far from power as possible. This includes the lunatics in the NDP party who are part of the Quadra Island mafia. These complete dunder-heads need to be taken out of the cabinet as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Hulk Horgan owes these lunatics for making him leader, and so we are stuck on an inevitable path of economic destruction.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Cactusflower wrote:https://biv.com/article/2018/01/weaver-there-are-some-things-are-non-negotiable
Why are interviews like this never seen on local or mainstream media?

Still waiting for a reply to this one. There have already been plenty of nasty replies to my previous submissions.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

Cactusflower wrote:Still waiting for a reply to this one. There have already been plenty of nasty replies to my previous submissions.

OK, how is this? It is just proof that Weaver is pizzed that he is not getting his way but doesn't have the stones to call the NDP on their ignoring his demands cuz he knows doing doing so would trigger an election that could and very likely would remove the current power he has in a minority gov't. Weaver is in the position of staying with a girlfriend that puts out when it is convenient for her...... or dumping her and risk getting nothing but Bertha palm.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Old Techie wrote:I'm happy to see your second paragraph because frankly it's beyond me how at this point you can say the NDP have shown themselves responsible and competent, given that they haven't really done much other than continue with what the Liberals were doing, including their budget

Merry wrote:Based on your previous posts it's apparent that you believed the Libs to be both responsible and competent so, presumably, if the NDP have continued doing the same thing, you would also believe their actions to be both responsible and competent. Therefore I'm not sure I understand your point.

Well that's the whole point right there Merry, and I'm surprised you don't get it.

The NDP has for the most part, simply continued on with what the Liberals where doing, or going to do, so they aren't doing "the same thing", they are doing the Liberal's thing, because the NDP had no plan really, and still struggles in that regard.

Where's the "change" if all they are doing is continuing on with Liberal ideas, and what on earth do we need them for then?

I'm sure as heck not viewing the Liberal's as perfect, but at least they demonstrated far more competence, than I've ever seen coming from the NDP camp. BC thrived under the Liberals whereas all the NDP are good for is scaring away investment.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

^^I can't believe you wrote this after reading everything on the ICBC thread today. Well, on second thought, yes, I can believe it. The BC Liberals have proven to be the most incompetent government B.C. has ever had to endure, and their followers still jump to their defense. Sorry, OT, but Andrew Weaver is not the one who's 'going crazy' on social media.

Return to “B.C.”