Ontario PC leader amid sexual misconduct allegations

Omnitheo
Guru

Re: Ontario PC leader amid sexual misconduct allegations

Post by Omnitheo »

I’d imagine that for some people they would try to put this sort of thing out of their minds. Then suddenly they see their assaulter start appearing in the news, and it re-enters their thoughts. As the person is now in the public eye, the accuser can come forward and have their voice heard.

That said, there are also often instances where the accusers did report the issue earlier but went unheard. Roy Moore comes to mind.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Omnitheo wrote:I’d imagine that for some people they would try to put this sort of thing out of their minds. Then suddenly they see their assaulter start appearing in the news, and it re-enters their thoughts. As the person is now in the public eye, the accuser can come forward and have their voice heard.

That said, there are also often instances where the accusers did report the issue earlier but went unheard. Roy Moore comes to mind.

This is a possibility as well, the problem is that it's a non known issue that is a fully guilty conviction. We have moved into a guilty before proven and that is the problem, especially when stated anonymously through social media.

Castanet could report from a PM tomorrow that "user Omnitheo raped 6 underage girls", with nothing other than a PM.....would that be reasonable? I don't think so, but that is all it takes now.

But the other issue is, many need to be outed and with the change in attitude many are and that is good, it's just how it's all being dealt with which has created a bad situation. I like the opening up and taking the sleazebags down, cheer for it actually, but there is no current accountability, guilt is first, lives ruined first, and should the facts not match....lives are still ruined.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ so far many of Ontario PC MPP have moved on & away from Patrick Brown rather quickly.
Since Provincial election is only 4 months away, who knows when Patrick Brown would be found innocent or guilty of allegations.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote:^^^ so far many of Ontario PC MPP have moved on & away from Patrick Brown rather quickly.
Since Provincial election is only 4 months away, who knows when Patrick Brown would be found innocent or guilty of allegations.

Politically, run away, in fact your party will have told to to take a hike. It's business. Would you stay near a person in this environment?

reality is, all we need to do is accuse now and you are done. It a toxic environment.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ politics by its nature is a minefield, mostly loaded with snake oil salesperson's. Wanting voters to buy their bill of goods.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

GordonH wrote:^^^ politics by its nature is a minefield, mostly loaded with snake oil salesperson's. Wanting voters to buy their bill of goods.

And the new mine is get an accusation. Might be justified, might not, but that doesn't matter now.

Apparently I'm aging and would like issues be the meat and not the potential scandal.....real scandals though, gut em.
d0nb
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by d0nb »

Veovis wrote:
d0nb wrote:A small mercy for Ontarians - at least the accusations were made before he was elected premier.

Perhaps parties could modify a line from old movie wedding ceremonies:

'If anyone knows of any disgusting reason that this candidate should not be chosen, post it on social media right now or forever hold your peace.'

What if I posted this post stating that "d0nb made rude suxually explicit comment to me in a PM that was deleted and not provable"
I really thought we'd moved past that little incident, Veovis. :-X

Immediately after the mods banned you with no discussion or rational process....

This is what seems to be happening now. This guy maybe deserves it, but this isn't the process, the PM just had a similar issue on the same grounds of "something was said at some point maybe somewhere"

WTH folks, people are crucified by facebook, not by court now.

It's gross, I just want the actual degenerates to be destroyed, but in the right way, accusation = guilt now....and if the mods edit this it's cause they touched me inappropriately...screenshot and save me castanutters...saaaavvveee me.

Judgement is swift, whereas justice takes time. This makes it irresistibly easy to bring down a political opponent with an accusation of impropriety. There is simply no way that Brown could have run an effective campaign with these allegations hanging over him, and the fact that Kathleen Wynne and Andrea Horwath have called the anonymous accusers "courageous" tells us that they were eager to exploit this story - true or not - for political gain.

However it all turns out, I sympathize with Patrick's sister, Stephanie Brown who wrote:

What happened to my brother was disgusting. And make no mistake, he is the victim. Thank you to those who have reached out and shared your outrage. I appreciate it immensely.These completely false allegations were 100% politically motivated and nothing more than a political hit. I know them for a fact to be untrue. Those who know me would characterize me as a strong feminist but making false allegations does not help the feminist cause. Applauding accusers who remain nameless ghosts to bolster political capitol- pathetic. My brother is the kindest person I have ever known- he has always worked tirelessly to help people. He did not deserve this...
The biggest problem of censorship is that it tends to be the last resort of the ideologically arrogant and intellectually lazy … A day spent in defense of freedom of speech is a day spent in the company of bigots and hate mongers. – Omid Malekan
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 27th, 2018, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Its very unfortunate what blinded groups like #MeToo and #BlackLivesMatter has dragged us down to as a society ...

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/christi ... vulnerable
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Doug Ford wants to run for the leadership. Says he doesn't want the party to fall into the hands of elitists.
Party leadership says they hope that he doesn't.
Trump two point oh.

Return to “Canada”