You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Regarding new zoning change on 255 Taylor Road

Post by LANDM »

stevemic wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-217477-1-.htm#217477

Its a Go

The project isn’t a go.....it is just past first and second reading....now goes to public hearing to consider the comments of the public.
You and 71 others Like this post
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Regarding new zoning change on 255 Taylor Road

Post by JayByrd »

Don't have a dog in this fight either, but if this had happened several years ago, I would have.

I used to rent a suite at the corner of Taylor and 33. Not the split level *right* on the corner but next door to it. We watched the condos on the opposite side of the street getting built. We were keenly aware of the traffic on Taylor as it seemed every motorcycle or nasty old pickup turned onto Taylor and gunned the engine right in front of our house. It was a key reason we moved away.

However,the traffic on that street isn't due to residential density, but due to people (as one poster admitted to doing) using it as a shortcut. Many people go Taylor-Collison-Ziprick to avoid the threeway stop behind Costco. I don't believe increasing the density on that street would make much of a difference. I'm not against this development now and I wouldn't be if I still lived there. That street needs updating bigtime. It's probably still best known as the street that Mindy Tran, and the man accused of her murder, lived on.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”