Fiery fracas over firing

Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by Anonymous123 »

I just don't get how a first responder that has 16+ years of responding to impaired driving accidents can make the decision to drink and drive. Enjoy your money Kerry.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

me neither...but he really didn't "win" much...$50K- ish, minus $8K for EI Benefits and taxes taken off...he "lost" a $100+K a yr job/career with excellent benefits and the public was made aware of his "ordeal"..drunk driving...oh and 5 yrs of his life fighting to "win".. now he truly knows (like all the families out there who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers) how making the stupid decision to drive drunk has life altering consequences...thank god he only hurt himself with his dumb decision..
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I wouldn't call it a "win" as he was entitled to receive the money. And I expect the lesson was hammered home that night and he will remain paying for that mistake the rest of his life. Why people like to gloat about it is rather sad.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I have NO empathy for anybody who makes the personal decision to drive a vehicle after drinking and I never will..

you deserve everything you get if you want to make that choice...why ?? because YOU had the choice NOT to do it but did it anyways (his excuse for doing was pretty pathetic.."he didn't want to leave his boss's vehicle downtown overnight)
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:I have NO empathy for anybody who makes the personal decision to drive a vehicle after drinking and I never will..

you deserve everything you get if you want to make that choice...why ?? because YOU had the choice NOT to do it but did it anyways (his excuse for doing was pretty pathetic.."he didn't want to leave his boss's vehicle downtown overnight)

Regardless - people make mistakes, are punished and then get to go on with their lives. There is a lot of anger here. I disagree that punishment should be a constant when it has already been served.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

W105 wrote:me neither...but he really didn't "win" much...$50K- ish, minus $8K for EI Benefits and taxes taken off...he "lost" a $100+K a yr job/career with excellent benefits and the public was made aware of his "ordeal"..drunk driving...oh and 5 yrs of his life fighting to "win".. now he truly knows (like all the families out there who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers) how making the stupid decision to drive drunk has life altering consequences...thank god he only hurt himself with his dumb decision..

Yes, he'll get $42K+ less what he has to pay back to EI, but the City of West Kelowna will also have to pay his court costs. And you can bet the lawyer will be presenting a huge bill for a 5-year long battle.

While siding with Klonteig, MacNaughton did not agree he was entitled to 18 months severance. Instead, she stated he was limited to the five months salary provided for in his employment contract, $42,325, plus court costs.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217507
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
kelownaobserver

Post by kelownaobserver »

I hope with the money he made drinking and driving in a company vehicle that he enjoys his vacation in the tropics. Again, a good example of a bad example
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

kelownaobserver wrote:I hope with the money he made drinking and driving in a company vehicle that he enjoys his vacation in the tropics. Again, a good example of a bad example

Another ridiculous comment. It's sad to see the vindictiveness regarding someone who made a serious mistake and paid the consequences.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

westside tax payers paid for his mistake too...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:westside tax payers paid for his mistake too...
That was 4 and half years ago.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

the judgement just came out...tax payers have to pay him $42K , $42K for court costs and then his lawyer bill...that would be right now 2018...right ??
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^The $42K was his severance pay based on his contract and the salary he was earning then. The court costs will be his lawyer's fees ... and they don't come cheap when you go to trial.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

W105 wrote:the judgement just came out..

The District should have done the right thing to start with - 4 and half years ago.
johnrae
Fledgling

Post by johnrae »

*removed*
The fact that he won his case still doesn't change the fact that he drinks and drives and thinks its ok. My cousin is a firefighter and has seen the damage that impaired driving will do. He has seen the dead bodies of children who were killed by people who only had three drinks. I have never seen him operate a vehicle with even a drop of alcohol in his blood stream. Heck, he won't even drive the next morning after drinking.*removed* :200:
Last edited by ferri on Jan 30th, 2018, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not start making it personal!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

johnrae wrote:*removed*
The fact that he won his case still doesn't change the fact that he drinks and drives and thinks its ok........*removed* :200:

Another poster who just doesn't get it. Don't know the man but you must. Why else would you say he still thinks it's okay to drink and drive. I'm sure you have proof of that.

Return to “Central Okanagan”