The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: The feminist movement is getting out of control.

Post by Silverstarqueen »

In many occupations it is just tradition that the younger , newer hirees will be given more work, more scut work, be called on to volunteer more, get paid less. The established workers often are more efficient, but not always, some are just burned out, or feel they have earned the right to coast and shouldn't have to hustle. They may or may not be entitled to extra consideration for having to train the newbies, depending. So the new workers might not be paid as well, for longer hours of work, not because they are female, but just because they are the new guy, and that's how new guy's are treated. Also I see examples of where the employer will try to take advantage of the new worker, pay them less than they are entitled, not count their work hours fairly, basically busting the employment standards laws, because they know the newbie either doesn't know his rights, or doesn't want to rock the boat.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^^^^I guess you just post without even looking at what you are replying to.

Opinion piece, not discussion.

Fine, your prerogative.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

dirtybiker wrote:So,
open the books to see who holds the highest profit margins for the
Company.
Taking all facets into account.
Revenues in, Expenses out.

Throw some circumstance and situational resolve management performance
into the mix.
Any other pertinent odds and sods and somewhere in there a wage
should be discovered for each individual.
Then Safety and years of service bonuses just for fun.

Sounds easy...
Skip the genders and races and
Sally is yer Aunt !

I was gonna say, "Bob's yer Uncle"

But it's a Feminist Thread. :smt045

You make it sound a lot simpler than it actually is, but yes, the system should essentially be blind to the sex/race/religion/age of the individuals when working out pay. Of course, that just doesn't happen as the system is essentially in the head of the employer/manager/etc. with all of their prejudices, beliefs, etc. Even the subconscious prejudices we all have.

A certain amount of the equation when it comes to pay is the market demand for the worker. If there is less demand, the employer can afford to pay less, even if the worker is as productive. This should also be ignorant of the sex of the worker, but almost certainly isn't. Since women are seen to be less well paid, the market demand is seen to be lower and therefore the employer can get away with paying less. It's only a small thing, but it's an effect of prejudice and capitalism and the expected correction as many would model using economics (cheaper female labour would drive up demand for such as a cost saving exercise, driving up wages of women) just doesn't seem to happen and we have proof of this from when we used to advertise different wages for men and women for the same position.

People like to think that employers run a very meritocratic system, as you describe, but there is lots of evidence to the contrary. There is the Peter Principle, which most experienced people have seen in action. Additionally, there is very strong evidence that attractive people are paid significantly better, even when not working in jobs where their appearance is of benefit to the role (think engineers, etc.). Finally, we all know of the pervasiveness of nepotism and cronyism, which would be extremely rare if businesses were true meritocracies.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

^^^Thank you for a great, clear response to gain a better
viewpoint on things from.

No stranger to it, just have things I need delt with and the more
points I have to work with, the better things can be for all involved.

Female, Male, Young and Old.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Adding to that, throw some blood relatives into the mix.

You know what would be easier.

Do Not have a co-ed company !

Not employ Family (bad idea at the best of times)

Only Employ one age group with similar experience levels.

Chances are high that it would be a smoother, more productive and profitable organization.

But that would be wrong, go figure.

Easier yet, downsize to a single person operation
and sub out some of the menial grunt jobs.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I started a thread asking how men are protecting themselves these days against baseless accusations these days.

One of the ways is exactly that: do not have a co-ed company. But then you get mired into discriminary hiring practices.

Can't win Dirtybiker. No one can win anymore.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Yup, should have just left things alone 40 years ago..
Pink jobs
and
Blue jobs

Then none of this mess would be in our faces now !
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Queen K wrote:I started a thread asking how men are protecting themselves these days against baseless accusations these days.

One of the ways is exactly that: do not have a co-ed company. But then you get mired into discriminary hiring practices.

Then women should stick to cooking, cleaning and raising the kids. We should also adopt the burka and have guardians when women go outside because they co-mingle and men might be accused of raping them or harassing them. Every job out there has both sexes co-mingling, if not at the job then in public.

It is still rare to have cases where a women accuses a man of harassment and its false. What will it take for men and women to work together and feel confident and protect themselves? 1. Look out for the greater good and don't be put into situations where such a thing can happen. 2. Treat each other with respect and have workplace policies which are adhered to and take into account issues with harassment. 3. Follow up on claims and hold accusers responsible and adjust policies as required.
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

dirtybiker wrote:Yup, should have just left things alone 40 years ago..
Pink jobs
and
Blue jobs

Then none of this mess would be in our faces now !

RCMP is already shorthanded. So not allowing females to serve as police would make current shortage even worse.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/rcmp-sh ... -1.3542190
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

[/quote]

http://www.hrinasia.com/general/is-it-t ... -than-men/

And did you look at the reasons why? Considering that 100% of pregnancies are carried by women, and most of the care of sick kids falls to women, is it any surprise that they are off work more often than men?[/quote]

Its obvious you did not if all you got out of it was this. All the statistical reports done on this topic all point out that even after your pregnancy and kids sick care women are a lot more likely to call in sick.
In order to have intelligent discussions about these topics we need to actually acknowledge reality.
These topics are not out to prove one sex bad(like feminists do) they are trying to show the actuality truth to the issues.
Just accept it. When it comes to sick leave women are far more likely to use it.

from the article's.
[b]"From an employer’s point of view, understanding this issue is important. With the difference in sick leave, it’s easy to opt for the least difficult narrative – men go into work when they shouldn’t, and women take days off to care for others.

This is an easy stereotype to fall back on, and it also does little to address the issue at hand."
But one in four women admitted faking an illness to get a day off work, compared with only one in five men.
[/b]

These posts were just to show reports showing statistical data, but immediately its attacked, attempt to change its meaning and findings. Good thing major corperations arent ran like this.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

AlienSoldier wrote:
Queen K wrote:I started a thread asking how men are protecting themselves these days against baseless accusations these days.

Then women should stick to cooking, cleaning and raising the kids. We should also adopt the burka and have guardians when women go outside because they co-mingle and men might be accused of raping them or harassing them. Every job out there has both sexes co-mingling, if not at the job then in public.

It is still rare to have cases where a women accuses a man of harassment and its false. What will it take for men and women to work together and feel confident and protect themselves? 1. Look out for the greater good and don't be put into situations where such a thing can happen. 2. Treat each other with respect and have workplace policies which are adhered to and take into account issues with harassment. 3. Follow up on claims and hold accusers responsible and adjust policies as required.

I never advocated that.

But guess which socities are laughing their guts out at us with the explosion of sexual harassement charges hitting our news every day now. Muslim ones.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

Queen K wrote:
But guess which socities are laughing their guts out at us with the explosion of sexual harassement charges hitting our news every day now. Muslim ones.

You mean conservative societies? Because there are many societies outside of Muslim countries that also practice very strict controls on females.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Guess I just have a bitter pill.

My female co-workers are all childless, they have dogs.
Also youngish, so that plays into it as a double-down.

They take substantially more time off work for pleasure activities,
and struggle with the focus of the job while at work.

This leaves the male employees left with not only their own
workload, but the workloads of their female counterparts.

There is no issue covering someone elses workload on occasion, it is when the
occasions become frequent that issues arise.

Not good for morale.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

dirtybiker wrote:Guess I just have a bitter pill.

My female co-workers are all childless, they have dogs.
Also youngish, so that plays into it as a double-down.

They take substantially more time off work for pleasure activities,
and struggle with the focus of the job while at work.

This leaves the male employees left with not only their own
workload, but the workloads of their female counterparts.

There is no issue covering someone elses workload on occasion, it is when the
occasions become frequent that issues arise.

Not good for morale.

Then someone isn't managing the department properly. I have both men and women in my staff, some senior some younger and sometimes you have to whip people into like to ensure they pull their weight, other times its harder due to unions.

I've also run wind farm development company, and my best employee for construction projects has been a female. She goes in there and makes sure *bleep* gets done, its to code, safe and proper.

Return to “Social Concerns”