Hillary Clinton supports sexual harassment

christopher
Board Meister

Re: Hillary Clinton supports sexual harassment

Post by christopher »

Ka-El wrote:
Jlabute wrote:Yeah, it is CNN, but they seem to be echoing what everyone else is echoing. Burns Strider is a faith consultant for democrats, accused by a 30yo subordinate of having her shoulders rubbed, forehead kissed, suggestive emails, etc. Could be the 30,000 emails that were deleted, lol. I am sure it affected the young woman more than Burns. Hillary, THE woman’s advocate, seeing Burns services as more important, maybe decided to ditch the girl.

No way I'm going to defend Hillary's hypocrisy. I don't doubt much of what is reported there.
I'm simply amused by the hypocrisy of those who love to throw the term around.

I want you to try reading the news from RT NEWS and get back to me with our honest opinion. Give it 2 weeks
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Really? These guys?

RT is a Russian international television network funded by the Russian government. It operates cable and satellite television channels directed to audiences outside of Russia, as well as providing Internet content in various languages, including English, Spanish and Russian.”

Hmmm, well not sure exactly what you’re trying to suggest or have me discover (maybe you could give me a hint, I’m not going to start reading Russian news sites), but the Russians do seem to have some interesting insight …

All rise & applaud! How Trump’s State of the Union was reminiscent of Soviet-style conformity

Trump supporters interrupted last night’s State of the Union address on 115 occasions with resounding applause, despite much criticism of the president within his own party. Does such conformity speak well of a democracy?

At 5 o’clock on Wednesday morning, with Moscow slowly digging itself out of an overnight snowstorm, I decided to do something I haven’t done in many years: watch a live broadcast of the State of the Union address, starring one of the most divisive presidents in US history, Donald J. Trump.

Having lived overseas for two decades, it is always instructive to catch the occasional American pageant – from the Super Bowl to the Academy Awards – in an effort to gain some valuable insight into the real ‘state of the union’ that no teleprompted words from a president could adequately convey. What I did not expect to take away from Trump’s 80-minute political theater, however, was a heavy dose of culture shock and awe.

Not even the mighty Trump could mitigate the oppressive, rigid conformity of the entire affair. The spectacle of watching the Republicans punctuate Trump’s speech with standing ovations and applause brought to mind a scene from a Soviet-era Politburo meeting where the attendees seem locked in a feverish contest to see who can applaud the longest.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/417516-trump ... et-russia/
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Just what you said the reporting is different and sometimes I think may be closer to the truth.
I see what you did

Post by I see what you did »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 1st, 2018, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Maybe everyone should read both left & right news sources, somewhere between the 2 is some truth.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

In the article, and others, a kiss anywhere on another with out a request for such can be taken as sexual harassment?
We see many claims of this. So for the feminists out there, do you see this as sexual harassment?
And if so why is the response so different from Oprah kissing Weinstein as seen it that photo going around?
It seems far too often that this sexual harassment item has two sides, two uses, two values.
It would be nice to have actual guidelines established so we can deal with this and not have such double standards.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Go to some countries in Europe where the proper greeting is kissing both cheeks.

(Not unlike the Oval office but different cheeks involved) :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bsuds wrote:Go to some countries in Europe where the proper greeting is kissing both cheeks.

(Not unlike the Oval office but different cheeks involved) :biggrin:

correct, and god forbid it still goes on to this day, :200: :smt045 omg
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

From reading the article, it was the magazine that revoked her invite and declined an alternate solution.

Perhaps T&C should finalise their guest list (and check it twice) before sending out invites.

I fail to see where Clinton is at fault.

Return to “World”