The Last Farewell

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

The Last Farewell

Post by Catsumi »

Aging babyboomers are staring down the "end of life" gun barrel, and soon, it is off and away to darkness or another adventure, who knows?

However, we can have some fun with this upcoming, nonrefundable big ticket day. Or, pick up some ideas.

Some have allowed their carcasses to be towed out to sea and sunk (complete with cannonballs) onto manmade reefs for the fishes and underwater ecosystems benefit.

Others wish to stuff themselves with popcorn kernels and go out with a big bang under the flames of the crematorium.

Others want to have their corpses tossed off high cliffs to be disposed of by crows and varmints.

Personally, a dramatic send out a la King Arthur suits me... Set fire to the barge with me on it, pals drinking and hooting onshore.
Perfection.

How about your plans, or "wish you could" plan?

:biggrin:
Last edited by Catsumi on Feb 2nd, 2018, 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: The Last Farewell

Post by Queen K »

Oh God for a minute there I thought you were leaving Castanet.

Okay, fire/barge/booze on shore. What else could I order? Fireworks? Band? Alan's got the catering job in the bag.

As for me, I hope I get dumped in the Amazon River so the pirahanas finish me off in eight seconds, otherwise that National Geographic nature show I watched is one big lie.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Fireworks and catering. Good idea.

It's fun to think of the pirhanas picking their teeth after dining on a QK feast! [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

ON a more serious note, I have no idea how I'd even get to the Amazon River. Insurance would cost a fortune.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. I’d have to think of what type of tree I would want to be. Maybe a ponderosa Pine so that I can live on to be a pain in the azz.

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Queen K wrote:ON a more serious note, I have no idea how I'd even get to the Amazon River. Insurance would cost a fortune.

A gofundme page?
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Burn me and Urn me.

If people want to gather..
I ask only one thing.
Play this....Clear and Loud...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bi ... ORM=VDRVRV
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I want to be cremated. It's my only chance to ever have a smoking hot body.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
OldIslander
Board Meister

Post by OldIslander »

A buddy of mine has spoken for years of how he wants to go. In his mid-80's, shot by a jealous husband, while bailing out the back window of his paramour's house...! I hope he makes it.

My wife and I take slightly more pragmatic approach to shuffling off our mortal coils. We've both been thru the life-sucking experience of having aging parents failing, mentally and physically, going into care homes, and essentially living out their final days, unaware of their surroundings, or wishing they were gone. It's a brutal thing to go through. So both of us are amendment that we don't want to do that.

I had an elderly relative many years ago, who decided one day that he was merely putting in time. He was no longer enjoying life and there was zero chance that he ever would. He was not contributing to society, and in fact was a drain on it. So he stopped eating and drinking. Within 2 days he was in the hospital with a DNR, and a glass of water beside his bed, which he was free to drink at any time. He could have food for the asking. He quietly passed away a couple of days later.

Maybe that's what I'll do, when the time comes. I hope I'd have the courage...
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.” Ernest Benn
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote:I want to be cremated. It's my only chance to ever have a smoking hot body.

:130: :hailjo: :clapping: :130:

#me_also.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Party hardy and throw my ashes to the wind (don't litter though).
Don't want to go like this:
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Dying is easy.....Life is difficult.
Bring back the LIKE button.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

My one Grandpa spent 10 years of mostly bed care,
Parkinson's and Alzheimer's.

My Pap; One, massive, fatal, heart attack.

I know my preference.

There's an old saying, slightly changed up by me;

"I want to die like my Dad, in my sleep, not screaming like
all the passengers on his bus !"
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

TreeGuy wrote:This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. I’d have to think of what type of tree I would want to be. Maybe a ponderosa Pine so that I can live on to be a pain in the azz.

Treeguy, I love this idea of becoming a tree (nuts for me!). [icon_lol2.gif]

It makes so much sense.... rather than graveyards for the dead, a tree for the living, instead.

Oops, I think I just made an advertising jingo.

Unknown

Return to “Social Concerns”