BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: BC Liberal leader - 2 months to go!!

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:
Wait, I get it. I've somehow stepped into the Argument Clinic! [icon_lol2.gif]

I'll leave you to it. Thread's pretty done, anyway.

No, you've stepped into an argument with children, bent on finding any way to discredit the Liberals. Which is fine, however, they are just preaching to their own disciples at this point. Premier Wilky, nice ring to it!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

The thread was done the moment Wilkinson got the leadership role. :biggrin:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I think this bears repeating:
http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... how-change
As usual, Vaughn Palmer nails it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:I think this bears repeating:

LOL - "as usual Vaughn Palmer nails it" - hilarious. I was told over and over again by brainwashed NDP zombies that he was a BC Liberal shill for his poignant comments about the disgusting NDP, and now he is "nailing it". I wonder how long he will continue to "nail it" when he once again starts pointing out the ugliness and stupidity of the NDP. Not very long, I would assume.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:I think this bears repeating:

LOL - "as usual Vaughn Palmer nails it" - hilarious. I was told over and over again by brainwashed NDP zombies that he was a BC Liberal shill for his poignant comments about the disgusting NDP, and now he is "nailing it". I wonder how long he will continue to "nail it" when he once again starts pointing out the ugliness and stupidity of the NDP. Not very long, I would assume.

Don't hold your breath. Vaughn has finally seen the BCLP for what they are. It's obviously going to take you much longer.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Here's a thought. Some of us think that Wilkinson was an excellent choice and others not so much. But I remember Gordon Campbell never really being popular. How many people really liked him? He became premier in 2001 in a landslide even though polls showed that voters actually liked Ujjal Dosanjh more than they liked Campbell. Think about that for a minute. The NDP was almost wiped off the map, losing 77-2, with a leader who was more popular than Gordon Campbell.

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. Just pointing out that there are many other factors. So I can say that Wilkinson is a great choice, for all of the reasons I've listed, and others can say he isn't but his leadership skills may not be the determining factor in the next election.
Last edited by Urbane on Feb 5th, 2018, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2018, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Urbane wrote:

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. .

Yup. Horgan is slitting his own throat. Which we all knew was inevitable, as the NDP can't help doing incredibly stupid things to cater to their incredibly stupid base.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:Here's a thought. Some of us think that Wilkinson was an excellent choice and others not so much. But I remember Gordon Campbell never really being popular. How many people really liked him? He became premier in 2001 in a landslide even though polls showed that voters actually liked Ujjal Dosanjh more than they liked Campbell. Think about that for a minute. The NDP was almost wiped off the mat, losing 77-2, with a leader who was more popular than Gordon Campbell.

So sometimes we perhaps give too much weight to who's leader. If Horgan continues trying to block the KM pipeline expansion there will be serious repercussions for our economy and it wouldn't matter if Wilkinson were leader or Watts, or whomever. Just pointing out that there are many other factors. So I can say that Wilkinson is a great choice, for all of the reasons I've listed, and others can say he isn't but his leadership skills may not be the determining factor in the next election.

First of all, Dosanjh was never more popular than anyone. I was far removed from B.C. at the time but I still tried to keep in touch with what was happening politically. Nobody liked Gordon Campbell because he was a snake, so B.C. voters were between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall the percentage of the electorate that actually voted that year (but I'm sure you'll tell me), but suffice it to say, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision. If I had been there, I probably would have voted for one of the fringe parties.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2018, 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:First of all, Dosanjh was never more popular than anyone. I was far removed from B.C. at the time but I still tried to keep in touch with what was happening politically. Nobody liked Gordon Campbell because he was a snake, so B.C. voters were between a rock and a hard place. I don't recall the percentage of the electorate that actually voted that year (but I'm sure you'll tell me), but suffice it to say, I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision. If I had been there, I probably would have voted for one of the fringe parties.
I'm talking about popularity and not about competence. Campbell was seen as more competent than Dosanjh but not as likeable. Moving to the present, I rather like Andrew Wilkinson but even those who don't will be looking at competency when deciding how to vote.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

WASPs. There is still that mentality.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

George+ wrote:Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

I agree 100%. 1 in 5 NDPers are KKK racists. That's why the federal NDP is going to take huge hit with Singh as leader.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

George+ wrote:Dosangh lost 20% of votes because of...

Dosangh lost almost as bad as that local fool who ran for regional district and school board in the same election. And Ujjal got tossed 77-2 because of one thing: the NDP destroyed BC.

Real Per Capita GDP Growth 1992 - 2000

Nfld: 33.6%
SK: 27.3%
AB: 27%
ON: 24.2%
PQ: 22.3%
NB: 21.6%
PEI: 18.6%
MB: 17.5%
NS: 16.2%

BC: 5.3%

Source: Statistics Canada, Provincial Economic Accounts
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Glacier wrote:I agree 100%. 1 in 5 NDPers are KKK racists. That's why the federal NDP is going to take huge hit with Singh as leader.
You might be on to something there because 2001 was the one election where much of the NDP core vote went elsewhere.

Return to “B.C.”