Central Green condos

613Sparky

Re: Central Green condos

Post by 613Sparky »

dle wrote:
613Sparky wrote:As you see the layout of the land...its sections. Can't get it twisted because mission group doesn't own the land towards the highway. They own the land at CG 1,2,3 and not where the towers were suppose to be. End of the day its not their fault but still sold on false plans.

Oh well...no biggie...as long as it's still in Kelowna right? That part didn't change..... I'd be asking for a do-over on my deal.....

YUP! I'm still excited.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

Oh Boy, after listening to the city councillor and Stober Construction project manager this morning on CBC, its veryyyy apparent that the development team of Stober Const. is quicker, smarter and miles ahead of the city planning and city council. For crying out load, can't they get it together down there. Rules and procedure for the big and powerful and rules for the rest of us. Try pulling the wool over the city eyes in regards to building a home on a lot. All hell would break loose if you didn't follow the plans submitted to the T.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

So, the "New Plan Pleases Council". What in the sam hell does council know about planning neighbourhoods? I'd like to see their credentials. I really like the mayors comment:
Mayor Colin Basran, who also missed the previous discussion, said he believed at one time the community wasn't getting what it bought into.

However, he says the original vision the city fell in love with wasn't feasible.

I was not aware that the city was in love with the project. Members of council and the mayor perhaps but not all citizens. Elections can't come fast enough.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Anonymous123 wrote:So, the "New Plan Pleases Council". What in the sam hell does council know about planning neighbourhoods? I'd like to see their credentials. I really like the mayors comment:
Mayor Colin Basran, who also missed the previous discussion, said he believed at one time the community wasn't getting what it bought into.

However, he says the original vision the city fell in love with wasn't feasible.

I was not aware that the city was in love with the project. Members of council and the mayor perhaps but not all citizens. Elections can't come fast enough.

Wasn't feasible?

They decide this after the Projects were built? As in, nothing is going to move them now? Too bad so sad for the city?

OR wasn't profitable enough for their friends? The original that everyone fell in "love with"?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
613Sparky

Post by 613Sparky »

I did see this on the website:

Your day might start by meeting a friend for coffee at the main Central Green plaza, just steps from your door. After relaxing and enjoying a peppermint mocha, you can easily stroll downtown, over the future pedestrian overpass bridge, and enjoy some great food or walk along Kelowna's beautiful waterfront boardwalk.

I wonder if they are still building a plaza?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Let's see if I got this right. The towers at Central Green were not built because it was too costly to dig that deep, yet less than 5 blocks away they are going to build the highest rooftop lounge area in Kelowna too date.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/228861/Rooftop-lounge-scales-200
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I see they worked on median along Richter outside those condo's. At least they made it so those residents can't turn left out of the under building parking. I can see Dehart ave or heading west on Rowcliffe ave getting more traffic, for those wanting to head for Harvey.

Of course both the north & south side of Richter off Harvey can be a small nightmare at certain times of the day.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

The developer needs to come up with better plan for Waste Management to dump there bins.
Completely stopping southbound traffic on Richter is not going to cut it.

Was on my walk & seen this happening, best describe as a gong show.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:The developer needs to come up with better plan for Waste Management to dump there bins.

Every time any large vehicle pulls in or out of there it shuts richter down. Seen it happen quickly and it actually had a guy stuck on Harvey when the lights changed. I go by there every day. Its a gong show
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:The developer needs to come up with better plan for Waste Management to dump there bins.

Jflem1983 wrote:Every time any large vehicle pulls in or out of there it shuts richter down. Seen it happen quickly and it actually had a guy stuck on Harvey when the lights changed. I go by there every day. Its a gong show

When I walked by, there was 2 garbage bins right on Richter, truck pulled up dumped 1. Then all traffic behind him had to backup so garbage truck could pickup and dumped the other bin.
I suspect the first vehicle behind garbage truck was possible freaking out (partly there own fault for being so close to the truck) seeing truck backing up.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Garbage bin count is up to 4 on Richter, I guess it's good thing the construction company is blocking right lane. Once that ends will they still be leaving bins on the street to be emptied, hopefully not.
marvin gardens
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by marvin gardens »

Part of the problem might rest with the sale to The Mission Group and Al Stober by Doug Gilchrist who at the time had the dubious distinction of Divisional Director of Community Planning and Strategic Investments..wheww...that is some title.
Mr Gilchrist also named himself as the head of zoning and Planning..mmmm.
He is now the City manager, replacing Ron Matussi....By the way, Mr Gilchrist is also a director of the Real Estate Institute of B.C.
Can you say conflict of Interest anyone?
And of course, a city council that suffers from raised arm syndrome, an affliction resulting in two much arm raising, approving much of what comes before them, without a thorough examination
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

marvin gardens wrote:Part of the problem might rest with the sale to The Mission Group and Al Stober by Doug Gilchrist who at the time had the dubious distinction of Divisional Director of Community Planning and Strategic Investments..wheww...that is some title.
He is now the City manager, replacing Ron Matussi....By the way, Mr Gilchrist is also a director of the Real Estate Institute of B.C.
And of course, a city council that suffers from raised arm syndrome, an affliction resulting in two much arm raising, approving much of what comes before them, without a thorough examination

*bleep* *bleep* *bleep*. Try contributing instead of complaining
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

gman313 wrote:
marvin gardens wrote:Part of the problem might rest with the sale to The Mission Group and Al Stober by Doug Gilchrist who at the time had the dubious distinction of Divisional Director of Community Planning and Strategic Investments..wheww...that is some title.

*bleep* *bleep* *bleep*. Try contributing instead of complaining

Complaining - because someone is simply putting forward facts? Cenral Green is the biggest development boondoggle this council has had the privilege of approving, and considering the Tourism Kelowna crapfest and many others, that's quite an accomplishment. Central Green could have, and should have been a crown jewel in downtown Kelowna high density residential developments - instead it's going to be a shining example of a ghetto in the city. Yes, Kelowna needs more rentals, yes, Kelowna needs more affordable housing. What it doesn't need is a council and planning department that turns a blind eye and takes the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" approach to initial development applications resulting in approvals that get drastically overhauled mid-stream to a much lesser content and final product than what was initially approved. Central Green is a travesty as far as development approvals go and this council and planning department should have been taken to task for it. If you liked Ron Mattiussi - you're going to love Doug Gilchrist.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

WalterWhite wrote:
Complaining - because someone is simply putting forward facts? Cenral Green is the biggest development boondoggle this council has had the privilege of approving, and considering the Tourism Kelowna crapfest and many others, that's quite an accomplishment. Central Green could have, and should have been a crown jewel in downtown Kelowna high density residential developments - instead it's going to be a shining example of a ghetto in the city. Yes, Kelowna needs more rentals, yes, Kelowna needs more affordable housing. What it doesn't need is a council that turns a blind eye and takes the "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" approach to initial development applications resulting in approvals that get drastically overhauled mid-stream to a much lesser content and final product than what was initially approved. Central Green is a travesty as far as development approvals go and this council should have been taken to task for it.

Great - we all get one vote this fall. I could care less about Central Green its keeping a lot of people working and adding housing. It will look better than the old KSS building and a dog park when its done

Return to “Central Okanagan”