Nice weather

dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Nice weather

Post by dirtybiker »

Glacier wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:Can you please stick to one measurement so not to confuse us. Cm or In. :biggrin:

okay. 16cm of new snow, though it has settled down to 10cm overnight. total is 45cm on the ground. That's close to 18 inches.

As I mentioned in a different thread, Canadians are the only Nationality to
use both measurements in one sentence without even blinking.

Be proud you can !

A very fine, steady snowfall here, calm wind, was raining for a spell
last eve.
Fair visibility at low elevation, rduced with altitude.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Nice and sunny in Nunavut today (after being dark for a month or two)!

currenttemp.png
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Huh, nothing like seeing a -50, -55 with wind chill
put things into perspective.

Nice day we have.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is the coldest it has ever been in February in this town! It's been colder in two days in March 2004 (-51C both times) and one day in January 1989 (-51.5C), and that's it.

EDIT: Nope, the town changed its name from Pelly Bay, so I missed that it was colder than -50C in the 1972, 1973, 1975 (January), and 1979. Records began in 1958. The 1970s was by far the coldest decade in the high arctic in Canadian history.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

dirtybiker wrote:Huh, nothing like seeing a -50, -55 with wind chill
put things into perspective.

Nice day we have.

And in other places its 20,30,35 degrees Celsius. So not nice compared to that as well.

I never understood why people compare weather to other places in the world. The only comparison that should be made is how is the weather in your location in comparison to what its supposed to be. Well... its dark, dreary and mediocre. Typical Okanagan "living in a cave" winter weather. Only a couple months till we are in smoke instead of clouds! #sunnyokanagan :up:
Last edited by sublime on Feb 5th, 2018, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Suicide rates are going up in the Okanagan this week.

P.S. Mother Nature is on the rag again, and not happy.

periods.png
- Douglas Murray
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

And here I am, knitting a hanging rope!
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ho Lee Schmidt! I have never seen a winter storm warning issued for BC before, but wow, what's left of those fires will be smothered under another half meter of snow! A massive storm is going to stall over the Cariboo for a couple of days, and then move down across us, but we are lucky that it won't have much moisture left at that point.

Keep in mind that the most snow Williams Lake has ever had in a single day in February is 15cm....

SNOWFALLWARNING3.png
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Catsumi wrote:And here I am, knitting a hanging rope!

Whoa there Cats, not til after Thursday, k? (bit of dark humour never hurt right? :147: )
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

snowfall4.jpg
- Douglas Murray
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Doesn't look like it's hitting Kelowna at all.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Queen K wrote:Doesn't look like it's hitting Kelowna at all.

Ya, looks like it's hitting north of the Okanagan, traveling from the northwest to the southeast.
- Douglas Murray
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

i think it's going to snow tonight. 5 cm.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

AND, there .....into every nice sunny day, there has to come just 1 cloud of doubt.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The forecast says another 40cm of snow today in the Cariboo, but reports are coming in that it's coming down as freezing rain parts of Williams Lake and 100 Mile House.

moresnow.jpg
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”