Bus routes

leebozak

Bus routes

Post by leebozak »

When will we be getting a bus route in Magic Estates at least to Rio street and Wilden. I noticed a new system in glenmore and was very disappointed when Magic Estates was not included. Magic Estates is not a new community we have been here for over 20 years and also the people must climb the mountain to get here and the bus stops at High street and could keep on going and would only take another 10 minutes to include all of Magic Estates
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Bus routes

Post by Grandan »

leebozak wrote:When will we be getting a bus route in Magic Estates at least to Rio street and Wilden. I noticed a new system in glenmore and was very disappointed when Magic Estates was not included. Magic Estates is not a new community we have been here for over 20 years and also the people must climb the mountain to get here and the bus stops at High street and could keep on going and would only take another 10 minutes to include all of Magic Estates

It seems the City of Kelowna is more concerned with getting students from the Mission to UBCO than serving Magic Estates or Wilden. Perhaps when Clifton Road gets pushed through to McKinley there is an opportunity for a circle route to John Hindle Drive.
With the new Glenmore midtown shuffle, buses will no longer travel through the Valley Road N - Sexsmith corridor and jobs rich industrial area around Hwy 97 and instead travel the sparsely populated Glenmore Road and John Hindle Drive.
I think it is a travesty. I know there is a ridership along Sexmith Road but the new route rewards the populate downtown Kelowna with people crowd by getting them to UBCO faster and more frequently
Waste not
nickflipdry

Post by nickflipdry »

When will we be getting a Glenmore Express route to the College. Instead of extending 6 to the new housing development for rich kids, why not get the 6 route to go to the college after downtown. I takes me an hour or more to get to the college from Glenmore and getting back to Glenmore regularly takes an hour and a half. This happens because of having to wait 15-40 mins from the number 8 to get the number 7 and vice versa. I WAIT LONGER MORE THAN I RIDE ON THE BUS!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

nickflipdry wrote:When will we be getting a Glenmore Express route to the College. Instead of extending 6 to the new housing development for rich kids, why not get the 6 route to go to the college after downtown. I takes me an hour or more to get to the college from Glenmore and getting back to Glenmore regularly takes an hour and a half. This happens because of having to wait 15-40 mins from the number 8 to get the number 7 and vice versa. I WAIT LONGER MORE THAN I RIDE ON THE BUS!

Maybe this will help you get there faster. The option that was adopted was #2:
https://kelownapublishing.escribemeetin ... ntId=10544
It would appear that employment access is better in this option.
Waste not
Andy S
Board Meister

Post by Andy S »

Plan looks good to me.
To the poster referring to "rich kids" living up in the badly needed transit accessible area just south of UBCO, that statement didn't make sense.
To the poster who has claimed again, and in other topics about empty buses driving around the city, have you ever used transit here ?
Flame me, go ahead, but I have been a 6 days a week Kelowna transit customer for 14 years :-).
One can always reason with reason.

Return to “Central Okanagan”