Rutland Community

JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: Rutland Community

Post by JayByrd »

the truth wrote:rutland maydays :up: kelowna chiefs hockey at rutland arena

Chiefs haven't lost at home since Dec 2nd!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Don't forget Yawbus. It was right there on the corner, right where the Starbucks is.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

monroe wrote:Don't forget Yawbus. It was right there on the corner, right where the Starbucks is.

and now in 2018 we have a fentanyl junkie bus
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
pmaria
Fledgling

Post by pmaria »

I moved to Kelowna in 2012 from Vancouver, before that I was a frequent visitor to the Okanagan for work. Like most people, I'd always heard of Rutland as the Surrey of Kelowna. When looking at places, we looked at Glenmore and Mission, then the realator suggested Black Mountain. I had no idea where it was, but on the drive over I realized we were going through Rutland. I asked her about that, and she assured me that its no longer the same Rutland that garnered the reputation originally. Sure, okay, of course she would say that.

We ended up in Black Mountain, thinking its not in Rutland proper, and we can scoot down Springfield for everything we need without going to Rutland itself. Well, we were pleasantly surprised after the first month to find everything we needed between Hollywood Blvd and Rutland Rd, and virtually none of the stigma associated with Rutland. Mostly just bored teenagers thinking they are something. Everyone we've ever met here is awesome. We've visited friends in Upper Mission and holy hell, its like the Stepford Wives. Doesn't matter where else we go, it always feels good to be coming back up Hwy 33.

On the topic of food, Zabb Thai at Hollywood and 33 is awesome!
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

Rutland is a great place to live. There is lots of families, parks and amazing people along with plenty of places to shop.
You'll also find many beautiful tree lined streets and neighbourhood gatherings.
Carebear14

Post by Carebear14 »

We bought our first home in Rutland 15 years ago. With the exception of a neighbor or two we have found it to be a great place to live. Close to shopping at Willow Park and Plaza 33. WLking distance to the Greenway and several neighborhood parks and just a few minutes drive to Costco, Superstore and Canadian Tire. We love it here.
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Huge shout out to the staff at Rutland Petro Can for making my day with bright smiles and cheerful attitudes :biggrin:
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i lived on asher road for years.never had a problem .it was within walking distance to everything i needed.moved to the westside.im by absolutely nothing and my house has been broken in to 3x
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I lived in Rutland for 5 years. I really liked how many fast food and good restaurants there were. I also liked Ben Lee Park and being near the Greenway. Also, the close proximity to Wal Mart and the big box stores on the north end of town was great. I would say 60% of the people seemed ‘normal’ and the other 40% seemed rough/low income/a bit scary (or majorly scary).
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Huge shout out to the staff at TD Bank in Rutland for always being courteous and efficient :biggrin:
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Huge kudos to Olympia Greek Taverna for serving their amazing food in Rutland for all these years! :biggrin: :130:
Traci

Post by Traci »

I would like to shout out to all the great people and volunteers it took to host another May Days for Rutland. It was the 59th. I hear the parade was fun and thanks to Brenda and her crew from Shooting Star Amusement! This is a great historical event that happens every long weekend in May. If you attended, thank you for the community support! Amazing fundraiser for the Rutland Centennial Hall.
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Isn't May Days a fundraiser for the Rutland Park Society who owns the hall? If so, perhaps it would be more appropriate to post on a Rutland Park Society forum or on the Rutland Park Society website. ...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

At least one of the administrators of the may days event didn't win the grand prize they offered this year like they did the year before.
I still question that one.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
2x4eyes

Post by 2x4eyes »

Are you serious? Well I can't say I'm surprised considering what I've been hearing...lol

Return to “Central Okanagan”