$560M Powerball winner wants to remain anonymous

A potpourri of off-topics.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

$560M Powerball winner wants to remain anonymous

Post by oneh2obabe »

Good luck - once the ticket is signed the winner is obligated to have their name and picture published.

MERRIMACK - Newly filed court records show a local woman won the $560 million Powerball ticket sold last month in Merrimack but is now trying to keep her identity anonymous - even though she already signed the back of the winning ticket - due to safety and other concerns.

"She has described the signing as 'a huge mistake,'" according to court records filed by her legal counsel at Hillsborough County Superior Court South in Nashua.

The woman, identified in court documents only as Jane Doe, asked that her identity remain a secret even though existing New Hampshire Lottery Commission rules require a winner sign the back of a winning ticket before being able to claim the prize. However, had the ticket been signed in the name of a trust, she could have maintained her privacy.

Full article
http://www.unionleader.com/Lottery-winn ... -ID-secret
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: $560M Powerball winner wants to remain anonymous

Post by Glacier »

I would give my ticket to Queen K, and offer her $1,000,000 of the winnings to claim she was the winner. Then when the relatives and "friends" come knocking, she can let them in on her secret, and tell them that she was paid chunk change to act as the fall person, and they'll have no choice but to go away.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Annunity or lump sum? Don't forget the 30% withholding tax the IRS takes off the top. You can reclaim a portion if you fill in the proper documents.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

oneh2obabe wrote:Annunity or lump sum? Don't forget the 30% withholding tax the IRS takes off the top. You can reclaim a portion if you fill in the proper documents.

I’d be overjoyed to pay the 30% on that kind of winnings.....
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Glacier wrote:I would give my ticket to Queen K, and offer her $1,000,000 of the winnings to claim she was the winner. Then when the relatives and "friends" come knocking, she can let them in on her secret, and tell them that she was paid chunk change to act as the fall person, and they'll have no choice but to go away.

Pick me!!!

Except once I got the cheque you would never find me.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Bsuds wrote:
Pick me!!!

Except once I got the cheque you would never find me.

That's why I didn't pick you!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Glacier wrote:I would give my ticket to Queen K, and offer her $1,000,000 of the winnings to claim she was the winner. Then when the relatives and "friends" come knocking, she can let them in on her secret, and tell them that she was paid chunk change to act as the fall person, and they'll have no choice but to go away.

And QueenK and I could ride off into the sunset with it all....

[place maniacle laughter here] [icon_lol2.gif]
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Collect the money.

Pay the govt to put you into a witness protection program.

Problem solved.

Return to “Grab Bag”