Where to buy a combination fruit tree?

Home/car maintenance, renos, gardening, DIY, farming, creative endeavours.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Where to buy a combination fruit tree?

Post by TylerM4 »

I'd like to buy a combination stone fruit tree for planning ASAP. Something like Peach, Apricot, and plum.

Anyone know where such a tree can be found? I know they exist. Bylands is usually my go-to place for something like this but their website only shows a combination apple (already have one) or a combination plum (Not interested in 3 types of plums).

Thanks!
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Re: Where to buy a combination fruit tree?

Post by Lady tehMa »

That's a good question. I don't even know if they exist here . . .

I know Costco has a 4 variety apple, but I didn't know at all about any others that might be available. I'll be watching to see if anything comes of this.
I haven't failed until I quit.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

TylerM4 wrote:I'd like to buy a combination stone fruit tree for planning ASAP. Something like Peach, Apricot, and plum.

Anyone know where such a tree can be found? I know they exist. Bylands is usually my go-to place for something like this but their website only shows a combination apple (already have one) or a combination plum (Not interested in 3 types of plums).

Thanks!

Or learn the art grafting for yourself.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

GordonH wrote:
Or learn the art grafting for yourself.

Always a possibility. Gaining access to the branches or buds from another tree is a bit of a pain tho.
Grambuppy

Post by Grambuppy »

I saw some fruit salad trees at Canadian Tire. Not sure what fruit they had but worth checking it out :smt045
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Grambuppy wrote:I saw some fruit salad trees at Canadian Tire. Not sure what fruit they had but worth checking it out :smt045

Thanks! I'll do that. Which store and when did you see them?
Grambuppy

Post by Grambuppy »

Saw them at the Canadian Tire store in Kelowna on the weekend. I think they were peach apricot nectarine plum and an apple
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Picked one up today! Thank-you.

FYI to anyone else - they've got 5 more in stock. $89.99ea
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

TylerM4 wrote:Picked one up today! Thank-you.

FYI to anyone else - they've got 5 more in stock. $89.99ea

Yowch - those are a bit pricier than I was expecting. Is the peach freestone or clingstone? And how cold hardy?

The 4 apple variety is $55 at Costco - tag said it was good to zone 2, -46. A peach tree I was eyeing at Bylands was $55 as well.

Question - when you buy a tree, do you have to register or anything? I have an Italian Prune Plum so I don't need to spray - I heard there can be difficulties if you don't join the SIR program . . .
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

Lady tehMa wrote:
Yowch - those are a bit pricier than I was expecting. Is the peach freestone or clingstone? And how cold hardy?

The 4 apple variety is $55 at Costco - tag said it was good to zone 2, -46. A peach tree I was eyeing at Bylands was $55 as well.

Question - when you buy a tree, do you have to register or anything? I have an Italian Prune Plum so I don't need to spray - I heard there can be difficulties if you don't join the SIR program . . .

Yeah, the price is a little steep but I think it's worth it. The tree was actually grown by Bylands according to the label. Not on their website tho. May be able to pick it up directly from them for cheaper. I didn't want the hassle or to make a special trip out to the Westside so I was willing to pay the extra $30.

Rated zone 3. The peach variety is Red Haven which is a good all-around freestone peach from what I can tell.

Fruit Salad tree is all stonefruit which doesn't need to be registered with SIR. I believe only Apple, Crabapple, and Pear trees need to be registered.
notme

Post by notme »

I saw some multi apple varieties at Byland's on the westside. Not sure if they have a multi fruit?
They have lots of fruit trees so maybe check them out! A plum, peach apricot sounds amazing!!
Dogwood nurseries has lot's as well, but they are a bit of a drive from town.
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I saw several different combination varieties at Dogwood Nursery in Westbank.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Lately? They are available now? :200:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
two_shoes1mit
Board Meister

Post by two_shoes1mit »

I was looking at them this summer, as I had only just seen this on the net. They had many, and likely still do. I think I will try one this year.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I saw some at Canadian Tire last year. They had Bylands tags.

Return to “Creative Endeavours”