re: Legal weed... Allowable THC % ???

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
yootuber

re: Legal weed... Allowable THC % ???

Post by yootuber »

Does anyone know what the allowable THC % is going to be?
If it's too low it will defeat the whole purpose of legalization.
Let's hope it's close to 20%
There's Danger on the edge of town!
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: re: Legal weed... Allowable THC % ???

Post by TylerM4 »

yootuber wrote:Does anyone know what the allowable THC % is going to be?

No limit. Is there anywhere that's legalized with a limit? So far, the closest I've seen is a requirement to label the THC %/dose (mostly in edibles).
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by Silverstarqueen »

Is there any reason stopping someone from using smokable Cannabis as sold, and using it in home-made edibles? (aside from cautions about dosage of course).
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Silverstarqueen wrote:Is there any reason stopping someone from using smokable Cannabis as sold, and using it in home-made edibles? (aside from cautions about dosage of course).

Nope. Edibles are super easy to make
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

Yes -yootuber- if the allowable THC is too low it defeats the whole purpose ? What is the real truth regarding legalization ? No one that uses pot is going to pay the top dollar for a subpar product, they will buy from their same supplier as they have now. I believe this whole legalization of pot is the biggest hoax to come along in years ? Has anyone thought of the actual size of a 750,000 sq. ft. operation ? It would cover 16 acres, & that's just one place being talked about to be built near Oliver, then there's Kelowna, Armstrong ect. What about the rest of the Provinces, they are capable as well ? Just where will all this production go to get sold ? California ? I don't think so, they can supply their own.

Do you remember years ago our farms switching to Ginseng, it was the "hot product" needed in China & selling for big bucks ? Well where are they now ? Or was this a Government subsidised operation that went sideways when the money ran out ?
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

It will be (or should be ) a fluid market, yes Ginseng went by the wayside, but that's okay. And I doubt cannabis will follow the same fate, because it has a wider popular appeal than ginseng. Yes, there will be competition from many startups, in B.C. and elsewhere, that's how a free market should work. Some, which might be less profitable will probably not survive, just as sometimes a winery folds because it's product is not in high enough demand to cover costs, or quality or type is not desired by the customers palates. The price of cannabis should come down somewhat, and should not be taxed too heavily or the black/grey market will only continue to function. As long as sales are regulated something like alcohol is, it will work roughly the same way. As with alcohol, wine or beer, a person should be allowed to produce whatever for their own personal use, I think cannabis should be regulated to the same degree, or at the very least it should be more than the four or whatever plants that will be allowed, but it looks like it will be more restricted unfortunately.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

yootuber

Post by yootuber »

featfan wrote:http://www.bcnorthernlights.com/the-roomate

Apartment grow box.

nice! any idea what they are going for?
There's Danger on the edge of town!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

If anyone actually thinks Truderp is going to legalize pot , I think you might want to look at my shiny chunk of bridge I'm offering for sale ..

It's "slightly " used but in excellent condition .

Special discount for Liberals.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

MAPearce wrote:If anyone actually thinks Truderp is going to legalize pot , I think you might want to look at my shiny chunk of bridge I'm offering for sale ..

It's "slightly " used but in excellent condition .

Special discount for Liberals.

Same could be said for people who still think it won't happen. :130:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Same could be said for people who still think it won't happen.

Think ??? You know he already said it won't happen "on schedule" , Right ???
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Silverstarqueen
Admiral HMS Castanet

I see no reason why the regulations can't be ready for July1. The whole process has already taken far too long, it's not like no one knew it was coming. So get on with it. The sky is not going to fall. There will be perhaps an initial spike in use and then it will be no specialer than the many other alternatives out there.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yootuber wrote:Does anyone know what the allowable THC % is going to be?

this should help the highest [icon_lol2.gif] is 23% you should be ok https://www.tilray.ca/en/products/? master kush is 23% thc
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

one wheel wrote:Yes -yootuber- if the allowable THC is too low it defeats the whole purpose ? What is the real truth regarding legalization ? No one that uses pot is going to pay the top dollar for a subpar product, they will buy from their same supplier as they have now. I believe this whole legalization of pot is the biggest hoax to come along in years ? Has anyone thought of the actual size of a 750,000 sq. ft. operation ? It would cover 16 acres, & that's just one place being talked about to be built near Oliver, then there's Kelowna, Armstrong etc. What about the rest of the Provinces, they are capable as well ? Just where will all this production go to get sold ? California ? I don't think so, they can supply their own.

Do you remember years ago our farms switching to Ginseng, it was the "hot product" needed in China & selling for big bucks ? Well where are they now ? Or was this a Government subsidised operation that went sideways when the money ran out ?

we are supplying germany for there medical mj http://business.financialpost.com/commo ... na-dealers
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

one wheel wrote:Yes -yootuber- if the allowable THC is too low it defeats the whole purpose ? What is the real truth regarding legalization ? No one that uses pot is going to pay the top dollar for a subpar product, they will buy from their same supplier as they have now. I believe this whole legalization of pot is the biggest hoax to come along in years ? Has anyone thought of the actual size of a 750,000 sq. ft. operation ? It would cover 16 acres, & that's just one place being talked about to be built near Oliver, then there's Kelowna, Armstrong etc. What about the rest of the Provinces, they are capable as well ? Just where will all this production go to get sold ? California ? I don't think so, they can supply their own.

edit: this is off-topic. I'll leave it at that.

Return to “Social Concerns”