What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Post by Dizzy1 »

Cactusflower wrote:
Old Techie wrote:
Why? What's selfish about wanting to protect one's environment AND economy? Notley's trying (unsuccessfully, btw) to cripple B.C.'s economy for no reason except her aspirations to hang onto her Premiership. The NDP should kick her out of the party. She is acting like the worst kind of Con.

Ummm - Notley is doing exactly what you claim Horgan is doing - protecting the interests of their Province. Horgan wants to ban the pipeline - Notely was to ban the wine. Same party - same tactic.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

BNN's Daily Chase: Kinder Morgan Canada's message for Trudeau
Noah Zivitz

The head of Kinder Morgan Canada has a message for Justin Trudeau: talk is cheap and it’s time to actually do something about the simmering dispute over his company’s controversial Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project. “The time is now before us for us all to convert supporting statements into action,” Ian Anderson told BNN, adding he believes Trudeau’s office is considering what steps the PM can take once the B.C. government decides on how/if it will make good on its proposal to cap diluted bitumen shipments through the province.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

You know it's bad when even the NDP doesn't like the NDP!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
They are already shipping by rail, and that's not going to stop if they get their way with the KMX...........greedy :cuss: s.

you call them greedy :cuss: for maximizing their output however someone has to bust their butts to keep the government cashflows going to fund the welfare demand, otherwise pipeline protestors would have to get real jobs, and then who would be left to make giant idiots of themselves at town hall meetings in Nanaimo? That pony-tailed moron who got tossed out would be too busy trying to lead a normal productive life instead of screaming brainless enviro-nut slogans and basic Marxist nonsense, and how would society benefit from that?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Nothing wrong with protecting the environment.

Or shall we lose more homes to fires and bad weather?
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

George+ wrote:Nothing wrong with protecting the environment.

"Biggest possible eyeroll."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:
Old Techie wrote:
Why? What's selfish about wanting to protect one's environment AND economy? Notley's trying (unsuccessfully, btw) to cripple B.C.'s economy for no reason except her aspirations to hang onto her Premiership. The NDP should kick her out of the party. She is acting like the worst kind of Con.

Dizzy1 wrote:Ummm - Notley is doing exactly what you claim Horgan is doing - protecting the interests of their Province. Horgan wants to ban the pipeline - Notely was to ban the wine. Same party - same tactic.

I have to disagree, Dizzy1.

Notley wants to get re-elected, but in this case she's not throwing her province under the bus to get what she wants.

Horgan is protecting the interests of his party, keeping Weaver onside long enough to get what he wants: permanent cash flow for his bankrupt party.

He completely failed to consider the interests of the province he was appointed to govern, which is why he was so surprised when his obstructionist tactics caused waves.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:you call them greedy :cuss: for maximizing their output however someone has to bust their butts to keep the government cashflows going to fund the welfare demand, otherwise pipeline protestors would have to get real jobs, and then who would be left to make giant idiots of themselves at town hall meetings in Nanaimo? That pony-tailed moron who got tossed out would be too busy trying to lead a normal productive life instead of screaming brainless enviro-nut slogans and basic Marxist nonsense, and how would society benefit from that?

So many of your counter arguments are just complaining about the like 0.0001% of people that make up the protest hippies. Find a real argument against better environmental regulations being in place.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

As the trade war between B.C. and Alberta continues, the
BC Conservatives say it's time for politicians to stop wrecking the provinces' economy with high taxation, attacks on the resource sector, and a ridiculous trade war with another province.

"The BC GreeNDP has barely been elected and yet they've already closed down mine projects, announced the destruction of the cannabis growing industry, and are planning on raising taxes even further on gas," said Scott Anderson, Interim Leader of the BC Conservatives. "Not content with that, they're now setting about destroying our wine industry as collateral damage in a completely avoidable trade war with another NDP government in another province by trying to attack our oil industry as well. If it wasn't so tragic for working families in BC, it would make a great comedy skit. It's as if they picked up a bat and started flailing blindly at our economy like a piñata."

Anderson points to research that shows pipelines are the safest way to transport bitumen and oil products to market and calls on the Greens and the NDP to stop stalling the Kinder Morgan pipeline.

Anderson says the project has gone through the most rigorous environmental assessment in the world, taking more than 5 years to clear hurdles, including a formal National Energy Board review and politically inspired ad hoc "public participation" reviews.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218406 ... -took-over
Bring back the LIKE button.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yeah.

Like the B.C. Conservatives have any credibility!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Nothing wrong with protecting the environment.

what do these two sentences have to do with the other?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:Find a real argument against better environmental regulations being in place.

or...find an argument that the current regulations in place aren't already adequate, without quoting fund-raising websites that are masquerading as "environmental groups". How about that? Why is the first instinct for the really gullible to go into panicky idiot mode and scream about "better environmental regulations"? How do you know that we need "better" ones, such that we need the un-elected dufui in power in BC to waste two years lining the pockets of their cronies doing "studies"? It's just such deflection and garbage to defend the indefensible.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

George+ wrote:Yeah.

Like the B.C. Conservatives have any credibility!

Like what political party has for credibility? Just look at the one we have now and the one that just left.
Bring back the LIKE button.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Post by sixxonesixx »

This whole issue is a farce. I resigned my 6 figure income from the oilfield because of the hypocrisy. I use to go about my day polluting my environment in the name of progress. It wasn't until I witnessed the atrocities of a polluted environment of just 1 community... let alone the rest. Weibo's War is the movie to see. Some may not be familiar with it but after personally working in the area and seeing what the "Oil" has done, really made me think about what I helped do. Sure we have to get the product to market, but please do it safely. The pipeline WILL leak one day. It just will. How many leaks in Alberta's cesspool have gone undetected? Many things are swept under the table or wink,wink't. Well water from my farm in Alberta had slight traces of H2S...15 years ago. Oil industry has more power than government. Some will argue this but look at events and figures. This province is a precious place and for us not to undertake our own due diligence is disturbing. Sure there has been 5 yrs of hearings and processes but to whine at a truly unbiased look into the process amazes me. Why don't they run a pipeline through Ottawa? lol. In today's world, money buys morals and ethics for most. Sure the pipeline will create jobs for a couple years and the economy will appear okay, but what happens when the party is over? When Trudeau is gone and we have no more money to spend? When the pipeline leaks? Trudeau is trying to stay on his pedestal right now by creating jobs at any cost while spending massive amounts of our tax dollars. Anyone can look good spending money we don't have to create jobs. Is he going to help out and donate his "family wealth" to Canada's cause? Let Horgan run his path. Pipeline will go through but as a BC population, lets put in our guidelines to keep us safe. Alberta already pooched themselves environmentally. 2015, the "Oil" gave the Alberta government the ultimatum. And she ultimately obeyed. You just can't fight the oil Industry.
Many will challenge this post but I was in the middle of it for 25 years.
just sayin...
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

If Kinder Morgan, Notley, or Trudeau had all these 'world-class regulations' in place, why aren't they telling us what they are, and why aren't they able to clean up even the smallest diesel spill or bunker fuel leak in coastal B.C. waters?

And why weren't the 'spillers and leakers' charged with the measly attempts at clean-up instead of taxpayers?

Return to “B.C.”