Auditor General to review Site C

christopher
Board Meister

Re: The Aecon/BC Hydro connection

Post by christopher »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.bnn.ca/ottawa-should-block-chinese-takeover-of-aecon-jarislowsky-1.975278

In case anyone's interested, Aecon is BC Hydro's major construction company at the Site C dam, so if this doesn't bother you, what will?

They have a job in partnership with Flat Iron (from Colorado) and a contractor from Montana at site C for the spillway. Aecon has many jobs in Canada I think the largest is redoing Canadian Nuclear power plants in ONT.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:By George, I think you've got it! The majority of British Columbians don't pay enough attention to what's going on in their own province. I guess Trump's antics are more interesting.

Good grief now you're presuming to know what the majority of British Columbians are paying attention to. People I know watch the news and seem informed as to what's going on in the province. They're just not interested in the audit.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:
You don't seem to be bothered when Rachel Notley tries to destroy our wine industry though.

I thought you said that we didn't need Alberta for our wine industry. Now she's "destroying the industry". Such vast extremes.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Fancy wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:By George, I think you've got it! The majority of British Columbians don't pay enough attention to what's going on in their own province. I guess Trump's antics are more interesting.

Good grief now you're presuming to know what the majority of British Columbians are paying attention to. People I know watch the news and seem informed as to what's going on in the province. They're just not interested in the audit.

I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
I wonder how many British Columbians know that Notley's planning to halt construction on the Site C dam? I wonder how many of them care?

I'm not sure how the premier of another province has the authority to do this, so I assume this is yet another delusional comment from another planet.

If indeed this is some spurious connection to her threats about buying electricity, the only leader that the people of BC should be holding to account is the un-elected bonehead Hulk Horgan. That's it.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

rustled wrote:^^Pretty easy for you to ignore Horgan's responsibility here. But look, over there - China/Aecon! Gee, do you think maybe that's what this thread's about: distracting from the people Horgan's tossing under the bus to get where he wants to go?

If you really feel we ought to be all het up about this, how do you feel about Horgan's failure to obstruct the Aecon takeover bid?

How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]

The same as I feel about Kathleen Wynne halting the construction of Site C...don't care because it's an insanely stupid thing to even contemplate.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

I'm not sure how the premier of another province has the authority to do this, so I assume this is yet another delusional comment from another planet.

If indeed this is some spurious connection to her threats about buying electricity, the only leader that the people of BC should be holding to account is the un-elected bonehead Hulk Horgan. That's it.

Completely delusional. Her source is this, which says nothing about Notley planning to halt construction:
https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218393 ... escalation
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

You really must start reading more and typing less. I suppose you don't see the humour in Notley wishing to put a stop to construction of Site C for environmental reasons? That one's going to come back to bite her in the :cuss: .
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:
rustled wrote:^^Pretty easy for you to ignore Horgan's responsibility here. But look, over there - China/Aecon! Gee, do you think maybe that's what this thread's about: distracting from the people Horgan's tossing under the bus to get where he wants to go?

If you really feel we ought to be all het up about this, how do you feel about Horgan's failure to obstruct the Aecon takeover bid?

How do you get away with posting such outright nonsense?

Here's what's actually been said:
Alberta could also potentially give B.C. a taste of project obstruction on environmental grounds by increasing objections to B.C.'s Site C megaproject, said Blake Shaffer at the C.D. Howe Institute.

Some in Alberta have expressed concerns about the negative downstream impacts of the giant hydroproject, including its impact on river flows, recreation, and how it will affect Wood Buffalo National Park, issues that Alberta could more formally object, he said.

"I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm totally speculating here, if we see that voice amplified," said Shaffer.

In your mind, this translates to Notley halting construction? Sheesh!
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Cactusflower wrote:
You really must start reading more and typing less. .

Oh if only you followed your own advice. This is just random speculation by some guy, not Notley herself saying anything, and yet off you run with it. So freaking stupid.

That all being said, if Alberta did ramp anything up re Site C, that dunder-headed un-elected jerk Horgan better capitulate IMMEDIATELY and let KM go through. The people of BC can't have every possible economic development activity held hostage by the two un-elected people. Too much at stake, and too little intelligence in the BCGreen coalition of stupid.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

This is a well recognized and over used tactic from the tree hugger, pro NDP faction.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 8th, 2018, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This is not the Bickering Room.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cactusflower wrote:How do you feel about Notley halting the construction of the Site C dam........for environmental reasons? [icon_lol2.gif]

Are these two threads to be merged?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76885&start=75
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

rustled wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:

Completely delusional. Her source is this, which says nothing about Notley planning to halt construction:

Cactusflower wrote:Read it again, carefully this time.

:digging:

Return to “B.C.”