Gov looking for wine markets in Asia ?why

George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Gov looking for wine markets in Asia ?why

Post by George+ »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2018, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2018, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Chill
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Why is the government looking for new wine markets in Asia for private enterprise businesses ?

Horgan was in Asia not too long ago. He was promoting wine , lumber ,agriculture , tech , ski hills and tourism ,etc. etc. even LNG....... just to name a few. It's called a trade mission. You may not have heard about it because he didn't take 5 photographers and a videographer along with him , like his predecessor did.
Since Clark became premier in 2011, the government has spent more than $3,500 a week on social-media photos and videos. That’s more than $500 a day, every day, for the past five years.

Yes , she went on trade missions too , and likely promoted BC wines at some point in time.

EDIT ( or maybe not ) https://www.straight.com/news/784511/pr ... -firms-eye

Funny thing about this story ( well , not actually funny at all ) is where he mentions more marketing in Washington state. Some of you may have forgotten that the US is still a bit upset about our previous government violating trade agreements regarding................. wine.
https://globalnews.ca/news/3189194/b-c- ... sentative/
Last edited by gordon_as on Feb 8th, 2018, 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

I thought Ben Stewart did it all in Asia?

Despite being paid hundreds of thousands,

There is little evidence of what he did.

Vote anything but Liberal in the byelection.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:I thought Ben Stewart did it all in Asia?

Flamingfingers will be the first to tell you that Ben Stewart did an excellent job when he was our MLA and I have no reason to doubt her on that. As to your comments about what he did or didn't do in Asia I'd be careful if I were you. It sounds a bit like what Horgan and Ralston had to say about Gordon Wilson. Anyway, my wife and I were pleased to vote for Ben Stewart yesterday and I look forward to him being our MLA once again.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Oh come on people - "Christy Clark this - Christy Clark that. John Horgan this - John Horgan that"

The only reason Horgan is promoting BC Wine in Asia is because of Alberta's ban. Its damage control, so it looks like something in the eyes of you political cheerleaders.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

common_sense_guy wrote:Why is the government looking for new wine markets in Asia for private enterprise businesses ? I wasn't aware that the government was in the wine making and selling business. Isn't looking for new markets up to the business that is selling it? Anything the government does our tax dollars is paying for. Can someone explain the logic behind this.?

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/218466 ... ne-markets

Your assumption that this is not a role standard role of the BC Government is incorrect.

Why don't you go ahead and google. "premier trade mission"
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2018, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Dizzy1 wrote:The only reason Horgan is promoting BC Wine in Asia is because of Alberta's ban. Its damage control, so it looks like something in the eyes of you political cheerleaders.

From the article that you didn't even read.

British Columbia's premier says his government is reviewing its options and standing up for its citizens when it comes to a trade war with Alberta.

John Horgan says the province was already seeking new markets for B.C. wines in Asia before Alberta banned the products earlier this week.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

gordon_as wrote:From the article that you didn't even read.

British Columbia's premier says his government is reviewing its options and standing up for its citizens when it comes to a trade war with Alberta.

John Horgan says the province was already seeking new markets for B.C. wines in Asia before Alberta banned the products earlier this week.

And the part you missed to highlight ...

Yup, yup, yup - sure, sure, sure :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Sooo..any evidence of what Stewart did?
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Urbane wrote:
    George+ wrote:I thought Ben Stewart did it all in Asia?

Flamingfingers will be the first to tell you that Ben Stewart did an excellent job when he was our MLA and I have no reason to doubt her on that. As to your comments about what he did or didn't do in Asia I'd be careful if I were you. It sounds a bit like what Horgan and Ralston had to say about Gordon Wilson. Anyway, my wife and I were pleased to vote for Ben Stewart yesterday and I look forward to him being our MLA once again.

I sure hope you won't be disappointed. Are you also going to be a good little BCLP supporter and be there to count ballots on Wednesday night? See you there!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 9th, 2018, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Dizzy1 wrote:

Yup, yup, yup - sure, sure, sure :up:

I'm guessing truth be told, the province was already pursuing those markets, long before the grinning dufus arrived on the scene.

Then again apparently our economy is doing good thanks to Horkagain too. Maybe that's why he feels compelled to do everything possible to trash as many industries as he can. Pipeline - check, wine - check, tourism - check, BC Hydro - check, and we can only guess how much more damage is on the horizon.

Just watch, a few days ago he was praising the NDP for BC's economic health, now come next quarter when everything he's trashed shows decline, he'll find some creative way to blame it on the Liberals.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

The government was doing it's job and exploring the Asian wine market long before Horgan started a trade war.
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farmi ... dustry.pdf
Whether or not the previous premier was directly and personally involved is moot. The work was getting done.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “B.C.”