Pregnant and on the street

dogdad

Post by dogdad »

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Pregnant and on the street

Post by normaM »

Just read it, so terrible sad all the way around.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

normaM wrote:Just read it, so terrible sad all the way around.

I felt sad reading it as well.
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

Someone needs their tubes tied.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Right to Life activists here is someone who could use your help, oops my bad it's more important to protest outside hospitals.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

KiloHotel wrote:
This exactly, why should she be allowed to have *bleep* children that will most likely (but hopefully not) grow up to be criminals. That's one thing that bugs me with the whole "Its my body, my decision" bull. In this situation, she should be sterilized. How this is acceptable to people is beyond me.

Which branch of government to you trust enough to give that authority to? And are there any examples elsewhere in the world where forced sterilizations have been of benefit to society?

Hell, let's not limit this to just the most vulnerable. People with criminal backgrounds, people who are poor, people with chronic health issues. If you can't live a healthy, productive lifestyle (the government will determine a definition of "productive") then your kids most likely won't either. Sterilize 'em all I say.

The above is an extreme example, but do you really think it could never go that way?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

so i read the title of this and think man that's not good someone fell on hard times pregnant and is now homeless this is sad, THEN i read the story and wanted to punch this dumb :cuss: in the face i hope she dies on the street stupid :cuss: i feel really sorry for the two kids she has already ruined and the one she will ruin when she gives birth no sympathy here other than for her kids.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

It's being discuss here, it should be moved to BC thread though.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=77092
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

KiloHotel wrote:

Maybe we should force junkies into treatment, have a dedicated town for them where they still have freedom of movement and all the amenities they need but are segregated from the rest of us until they are proven clean. If they keep relapsing then put them in jail for a couple years, if they relapse again double the time.

You might as well force them to get university degrees while you're at it. You can lock someone in a facility, but you can't force them to do the work (and it is work) of recovery. You can't force them to unravel the trauma that's led them to this place in their lives, nor can you force them to solve the mental and emotional issues that cripple their ability to make good, healthy decisions. You can't force someone to believe that their live is worth salvaging. It's possible for addicts to get sober, but the fact of the matter is, no matter how hard society tries, and often no matter how hard the addict tries, they simply don't.

And waitaminute...you're not happy with spending money to revive addicts, but you want to build them a TOWN?
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/02/08/ ... to-family/

Just watched this yesterday.
The video is in 3 parts on the website.
Amazing police officer and his wife.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Right to Life activists here is someone who could use your help, oops my bad it's more important to protest outside hospitals.

Truth hurts I guess or this is politically incorrect. Either way I'm not deleting it.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

JayByrd wrote:...

You might as well force them to get university degrees while you're at it. You can lock someone in a facility, but you can't force them to do the work (and it is work) of recovery. You can't force them to unravel the trauma that's led them to this place in their lives, nor can you force them to solve the mental and emotional issues that cripple their ability to make good, healthy decisions. You can't force someone to believe that their live is worth salvaging. It's possible for addicts to get sober, but the fact of the matter is, no matter how hard society tries, and often no matter how hard the addict tries, they simply don't.

And waitaminute...you're not happy with spending money to revive addicts, but you want to build them a TOWN?

A voluntary version of such a town might actually work. A sort of safe space where they were free from the damage of societies judgemental attitudes, had access to the resources needed to address these issues they have, and access to work and other tools to help give their lives greater meaning and reduce the need to escape it all. It would be expensive, hugely so, but the long term benefits of such a place, the reduction in wasted lives (hugely expensive), the reduction in cost of law enforcement, etc.

Or we could just drop our absurdly judgemental attitudes about drugs and addiction and start providing the needed care in our communities. It would be even more effective. That said, we are judgemental by nature, and decades of anti-drug, anti-addiction rhetoric and resulting attitudes are really hard to undo.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Since men are paying to have sex with her ( lovely) maybe some of the Johns can step up to the plate since she didn't get pregnant alone.
With all the money the Govt wastes there should at least be a " home" from pregnant street women to stay during their pregnancy.
So if she is just a junkie who should be discarded as a few are saying then what about the Johns going home to their happy lil family after banging her bareback?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Paternity testing in the offing.

I was also thinking the same thing NormaM, where's the father? Why is he not being held responsible?

Why is it just on her?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

JayByrd wrote:
KiloHotel wrote:
This exactly, why should she be allowed to have *bleep* children that will most likely (but hopefully not) grow up to be criminals. That's one thing that bugs me with the whole "Its my body, my decision" bull. In this situation, she should be sterilized. How this is acceptable to people is beyond me.

Which branch of government to you trust enough to give that authority to? And are there any examples elsewhere in the world where forced sterilizations have been of benefit to society?

Hell, let's not limit this to just the most vulnerable. People with criminal backgrounds, people who are poor, people with chronic health issues. If you can't live a healthy, productive lifestyle (the government will determine a definition of "productive") then your kids most likely won't either. Sterilize 'em all I say.

The above is an extreme example, but do you really think it could never go that way?

We are having this debate in our own family right now. Two kids having kids, four of them. Social housing away from gramma because, wait for it, it's the only social housing to allow a DOG! They can't afford the dog, but no, we have to live in Oliver because of the dog. But four kids need educations and clothes and it's not their fault.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “B.C.”