Clueless Doggie Owners still not scooping

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Clueless Doggie Owners still not scooping

Post by Queen K »

There is an inventer in England who has come up with a bio-digester which turns dog scoopables into biogas which creates electriciy, in turn powering a lamp!

Now that is what Kelowna needs, a great way to actually use the biodegradables resulting from pet waste.

If pet owners could see a tangible result, or at least feel it's "doing something" maybe they'd do the "pick up" more.

Now to be fair, our society has never been more advanced with doggie do waste handling. There are poles with bag holders and lots of sites and garbage cans. But there are still those few clueless dog owners who don't do the pick up. But there are some clueless dog owners still not getting the message - the evidence is tangible.

I wonder if they would if there was a clear end result. Pun not intended, but it's there.

The city does sell "bio-cones" for poop digesting. I assume the results are safe for NON-food gardens? Does anyone here have a green bio-cone and does it work?

Here's the British invention that could change a lof of minds yet about scooping though:

https://www.facebook.com/MidlandsBBC/videos/10155930882884761/?hc_ref=ARTTabFkMQvO6l94DMpxZb0fI76ieVcsuyh9AMV8-y0IiB22SPAdoMfMXgjORrl2XGQ
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Clueless Doggie Owners still not scooping

Post by GordonH »

All dog owners who don't pick up after their pets are just lazy as :cuss: holes.
They also are the ones who go into pet stores & not clean up if pet makes a mess, guess what those cleaning station are for in the pet stores. Idiots
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
metallica
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by metallica »

I walk the Rail trail almost daily in Winfield and yes there is lot of dog poo.My dog would rather go off trail for his tail drop. I bring an old 9 iron to take practice swings on what others leave behind winter or summer.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was thinking that if Bio digester cones were placed along trails, would that not be better than encasing dog poo in plastic and dropping it in a garbage can? It would be contained and breaking down in a safe place.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

metallica wrote:I walk the Rail trail almost daily in Winfield and yes there is lot of dog poo.My dog would rather go off trail for his tail drop. I bring an old 9 iron to take practice swings on what others leave behind winter or summer.

Great idea on the nine iron......beats my toe wedge :-X
Tootsie
Board Meister

Post by Tootsie »

Oh I shouldn't be mentioning this because I think I might have just had a brilliant idea and maybe worthy of a Dragon's Den episode ! LOL ! :biggrin: OK not really but ....

I propose a doo-doo recycle station - maybe next to a bottle recycle. There would be a weigh scale - for every poo bag brought in you get X amount of money. Would work better if outdoors for obvious smelly reasons. The bottle scavengers would make more money - especially if they cruise Camp Rd east of Jack Seaton Park where certain people are known to let their horses crap on the sidewalks where people are actually trying to walk and push baby carriages. Why is it that dog owners are expected to pick up their pet poo but not horse owners?
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

*Removed*
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 10th, 2018, 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-

Return to “Social Concerns”