What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: What a hypocrite John Horgan is proving to be.

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:Oh sure...replace coal with natural gas!

Why not? Natural gas is clean burning. Almost no particulates. It's the smart choice for China for sure to improve their air quality.

Ever wonder why natural gas did not catch on with vehicles here?

:topic:
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 9th, 2018, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal Jabs
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

There is no trade war..it takes two to tango.

Dirty oil/coal,refined to anything, creates huge environmental problems.

Cue the climate change deniers!
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

George+ wrote:There is no trade war..it takes two to tango.

Dirty oil/coal,refined to anything, creates huge environmental problems.

Carbon is natural its good for the environment. Warmer weather means more summer. Hippies and scientists have used their negligible budgets to create a massive conspiracy designed to subvert the oil industry and destroy our economy. You communist hippies need to stop trying to save the environment.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:You communist hippies need to stop trying to save the environment.

But that's the thing. They're not. They are trying to destroy the economy, with no gain to anyone, including the environment. You seem smart enough to comprehend this correct? Or are you just shutting down that part of your brain in the name of partisanship?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Dirty oil/coal,refined to anything, creates huge environmental problems.

In what way? I get the tailings pond argument, that needs to be cleaned up.

Cue them to do what? The climate is always changing. Who is denying that?
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

No mocking others grammar.
Last edited by TreeGuy on Feb 9th, 2018, 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Off Topic
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
CapitalB wrote:You communist hippies need to stop trying to save the environment.

But that's the thing. They're not. They are trying to destroy the economy, with no gain to anyone, including the environment. You seem smart enough to comprehend this correct? Or are you just shutting down that part of your brain in the name of partisanship?

Nobody is out to destroy the economy bud. At worst economy damage is considered collateral damage to saving the planet, and on the other side environmental damage is seen as collateral on the way to a strong economy.

Everyone just ends up arguing because we see it totally different.

It seems like the pro economy people either think climate change isn't a problem (I don't want to argue on this point I'm just illustrating peoples views) or they think its an acceptable risk.

The pro environment people see like 90% of scientists saying we've already basically *bleep* everything up so bad that we'll be lucky if anything below california and above venezuela is habitable in fifty years and are just freaking out. For the people that think this is silly most millenials view climate change as basically a modern version of the pending nuclear annihilation from fifty years ago.

In the end we all live on the same planet, and everyone here lives in the same country. Nobody wants their quality of life to decline, and nobody wants the planet *bleep* up. Its a hard situation, made extra difficult by both sides being so polarized that they can barely if ever find a middle ground.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

CapitalB wrote:
Nobody is out to destroy the economy bud.

I think you are being a bit naïve here, but ok.

In the end we all live on the same planet, and everyone here lives in the same country. Nobody wants their quality of life to decline, and nobody wants the planet *bleep* up. Its a hard situation, made extra difficult by both sides being so polarized that they can barely if ever find a middle ground.

This I can agree with. I just think that those that honestly think that our entire heating, food production and materials manufacturing infrastructure currently being served by hydro-electric and petroleum can just be shit-canned overnight and replaced by solar panels and wind turbines are just delusional. Completely delusional. And I honestly don't care. This is a small faction of really really stupid people. But here's the problem. We have a really stupid government in place running this province right now who seem to want to cater to these lunatics, and this stupidity is getting in the way of our economy now. This is a problem. And it has to stop.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

It's the insults on this thread and others that has to stop. The economy of B.C. relies an awful lot on our land, rivers, and coastal waters. One big bitumen spill could destroy it. B.C. has done nothing to destroy Alberta's economy; Big Oil, Justin Trudeau, and Rachel Notley would like you to think so because we're fighting for our livelihoods. Alberta has even gone so far as to ban our products from their province in an attempt to destroy our economy, but I have news for them. We have a very diverse economy and no amount of 'sanctions' is going to stop us from selling our products elsewhere. Notley is shooting herself in the foot.
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Cactusflower wrote: The economy of B.C. relies an awful lot on our land, rivers, and coastal waters. One big bitumen spill could destroy it.

Indeed. It is critical that we stop transporting this resource by such dangerous modes as rail and truck as soon as possible.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Ka-El wrote:
Cactusflower wrote: The economy of B.C. relies an awful lot on our land, rivers, and coastal waters. One big bitumen spill could destroy it.

Indeed. It is critical that we stop transporting this resource by such dangerous modes as rail and truck as soon as possible.

Doesn't make it any more true if you post this all over social media. The fact is that bitumen trains from the Alberta tar sands are traveling non-stop across B.C., the ROC, and the US. I didn't think anyone was naive enough to think that was going to stop when the KMX got built.

The greed of Big Oil knows no bounds.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

It's STILL all Canadian. BC doesn't have the right to block the best interests of the rest of Canada. Very simple. Who drew that line between BC and Alberta? Did they consider at the time that there would be oil in them that lands? What if that line was a few hundred miles East? Would there still be all this fuss?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

alanjh595 wrote:It's STILL all Canadian. BC doesn't have the right to block the best interests of the rest of Canada. Very simple. Who drew that line between BC and Alberta? Did they consider at the time that there would be oil in them that lands? What if that line was a few hundred miles East? Would there still be all this fuss?

No there wouldn't because there's no way that BC would allow Big Oil to take over their province like Alberta did. You'll never see an ugly blight on B.C.'s landscape like the tar sands. The closest thing in B.C. is the Site C dam site, and it's only there because of Christy Clark's vanity.

Oh, how could I forget that other BC Liberal mess.....the fracking ponds up in northeast B.C. I don't know how long it's going to take to get them out of there, but I'm sure Weaver's working on it.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
George+ wrote:
Try to pretend that natural gas etc. will solve the problem.

It would solve China's problem. Completely. Is there a reason you would think otherwise?

I suppose if there was some way to get virtually limitless amounts of natural gas over there , and then send it through a non existent distribution network.............
Maybe a Billion or so folks might stop buying dirt cheap dirty coal down at the corner to cook with , and heat with .

ill-informed nincompoop.
you said it , not me
GracieD

Post by GracieD »

I contacted the Green Party and asked if they had the safety data on the pipeline. Who is responsible, how fast getting to the spill etc. They said they had no information and were working on getting it. I would like to see the safety data. Nice of them to say oh the safeguards are in place, if so, then make it public so those for and against the pipeline know what they have in place. No secrecy.

Return to “B.C.”