'Time adults took over'

ScottSA
Fledgling

'Time adults took over'

Post by ScottSA »

As the trade war between B.C. and Alberta continues, the BC Conservatives say it's time for politicians to stop wrecking the provinces' economy with high taxation, attacks on the resource sector, and a ridiculous trade war with another province.

"The BC NDP has barely been elected and yet they've already closed down mine projects, announced the destruction of the cannabis growing industry, and are planning on raising taxes even further on gas," said Scott Anderson, Interim Leader of the BC Conservatives. "Not content with that, they're now setting about destroying our wine industry as collateral damage in a completely avoidable trade war with another NDP government in another province by trying to attack our oil industry as well. If it wasn't so tragic for working families in BC, it would make a great comedy skit. It's as if they picked up a bat and started flailing blindly at our economy like a piñata."

Anderson points to research that shows pipelines are the safest way to transport bitumen and oil products to market and calls on the Greens and the NDP to stop stalling the Kinder Morgan pipeline.

Anderson says the project has gone through the most rigorous environmental assessment in the world, taking more than 5 years to clear hurdles, including a formal National Energy Board review and politically inspired ad hoc "public participation" reviews.

Anderson says the projects has emerged as the most modern, most studied, most heavily regulated pipeline in the world.

"It's time for adults to take over," said Anderson. "The people of BC can make a start by electing a BC Conservative in the Kelowna West by-election currently underway. Give us a foothold in the Legislature and it'll be the first step toward building a government that treats our people and economy with the respect they deserve."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218406
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Re: 'Time adults took over'

Post by gordon_as »

Nothing immature whatsoever about "time adults took over" , just sayin.

Best of luck with W.Kelowna though. Would be great if Mark could take the seat , although I would be happy if he took about 20% of the votes.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Mark will be lucky to get 5% of the vote and

Will finish well behind the top three.
Last edited by George+ on Feb 8th, 2018, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

ScottSA wrote:As the trade war between B.C. and Alberta continues, the BC Conservatives say it's time for politicians to stop wrecking the provinces' economy with high taxation, attacks on the resource sector, and a ridiculous trade war with another province.

"The BC NDP has barely been elected and yet they've already closed down mine projects, announced the destruction of the cannabis growing industry, and are planning on raising taxes even further on gas," said Scott Anderson, Interim Leader of the BC Conservatives. "Not content with that, they're now setting about destroying our wine industry as collateral damage in a completely avoidable trade war with another NDP government in another province by trying to attack our oil industry as well. If it wasn't so tragic for working families in BC, it would make a great comedy skit. It's as if they picked up a bat and started flailing blindly at our economy like a piñata."

Anderson points to research that shows pipelines are the safest way to transport bitumen and oil products to market and calls on the Greens and the NDP to stop stalling the Kinder Morgan pipeline.

Anderson says the project has gone through the most rigorous environmental assessment in the world, taking more than 5 years to clear hurdles, including a formal National Energy Board review and politically inspired ad hoc "public participation" reviews.

Anderson says the projects has emerged as the most modern, most studied, most heavily regulated pipeline in the world.

"It's time for adults to take over," said Anderson. "The people of BC can make a start by electing a BC Conservative in the Kelowna West by-election currently underway. Give us a foothold in the Legislature and it'll be the first step toward building a government that treats our people and economy with the respect they deserve."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#218406

Who cares what Anderson says? And who does he think 'the adults' are? Sure as heck not any of the politicians in this fiasco. And it's not the CEO of Kinder Morgan, either. History has shown that none of the oil/pipeline companies have a clean record. If you google 'oil spills in North America', you'll find out just how disgusting the history is. Of course British Coumbians are worried about this project. They should be.

BTW, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what that sludge is that I see drifting around the pipes in Burrard Inlet every time the media has a story about the KM expansion.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

That 'sludge' is most likely the sh t spewed by politicians in this pinko province. Then again, I could be wrong.
ScottSA
Fledgling

Post by ScottSA »

Cactusflower wrote:Of course British Coumbians are worried about this project. They should be.

Being worried about a project like this is a good thing. It ensures that every angle is looked at, that adequate regulations are in place, and that the level of safety is very high. Being worried about it has ensured that the KM pipeline has been studied more than almost any pipeline has been, with a regulatory framework second to none, and has such cutting edge technology - with levels of failsafes well beyond the norm - that chances of a spill are minuscule. It is one of the most studied, most regulated, most safety conscious pipelines in the world.

Now it's time to build it.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:BTW, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what that sludge is that I see drifting around the pipes in Burrard Inlet every time the media has a story about the KM expansion.

Well first it's off topic, second it's been answered before in another thread, and third you won't like the answer, but it's sewage overflow, combined with everything else that runs off the streets after a rain, much as you'd like it to be dilbit. Sorry.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

ScottSA wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:Of course British Coumbians are worried about this project. They should be.

Being worried about a project like this is a good thing. It ensures that every angle is looked at, that adequate regulations are in place, and that the level of safety is very high. Being worried about it has ensured that the KM pipeline has been studied more than almost any pipeline has been, with a regulatory framework second to none, and has such cutting edge technology - with levels of failsafes well beyond the norm - that chances of a spill are minuscule. It is one of the most studied, most regulated, most safety conscious pipelines in the world.

I honestly haven't spent much time thinking about , or researching this issue , but I tend to agree with you Scott , and it's too bad that politics have played such a huge role in this. The pipeline protesters have been corrupted by foreign interests , the previous government party was corrupted by money and greed , the current government has to appear to stick to promises it made to the people who elected them.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

gordon_as wrote:I honestly haven't spent much time thinking about , or researching this issue , but I tend to agree with you Scott , and it's too bad that politics have played such a huge role in this. The pipeline protesters have been corrupted by foreign interests , the previous government party was corrupted by money and greed , the current government has to appear to stick to promises it made to the people who elected them.

It's fashionable to believe politicians and political parties are corrupt. The political process in B.C. certainly has become corrupt. And I'd suggest that although they're picking and choosing which promises they'll keep, and which they'll break. I think we'd all like to see some science or fact based justification for Heyman's interference here.

Horgan's unwillingness to do what needs to be done doesn't invoke confidence in the NDP's ability to deal with this in a way that shows they understand their responsibility as governors (adults, if you will). I think they've grown too accustomed to their seats at the kids' table.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

I know it's hard for some to understand that a politician might actually try to do what he said he would.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:
ScottSA wrote:

I honestly haven't spent much time thinking about , or researching this issue , but I tend to agree with you Scott , and it's too bad that politics have played such a huge role in this. The pipeline protesters have been corrupted by foreign interests , the previous government party was corrupted by money and greed , the current government has to appear to stick to promises it made to the people who elected them.

The current government was NOT elected!!!!

gordon_as wrote:I know it's hard for some to understand that a politician might actually try to do what he said he would.

You mean hard, like it is for some to understand, that the NDP was NOT elected to govern, that kind of hard?

There's a significant difference between winning an election, and governing with an actual mandate from the people, as opposed to stealing an election, by means of a joint plot designed not to help the voters at all, but rather two lame political parties, unable to fund themselves, thus concocting a plan to have the tax payer do it for them, whether willing or not.

How well do lefties think the NDP would have fared in the election, had they been open and up front about this disgusting plan? I guess the word I'm looking for is "transparent", one that the left should recognize quite well, given how often they've used it, but I guess as with everything else, transparency only applies to the Liberals, not the NDP.
gordon_as
Lord of the Board

Post by gordon_as »

Old Techie wrote:The current government was NOT elected!!!!
You are wrong as usual. We elect MLA's , not a government. Each and every MLA in the current government got more votes than their Lieberal opponent.

There's a significant difference between winning an election, and governing with an actual mandate from the people
You are , of course , aware that only 25.23 % of registered voters actually voted for the BC Liberals ? right ?

as opposed to stealing an election, by means of a joint plot designed not to help the voters at all
I do sort of remember how the Liberal supporters were all giddy about a deal with the Greens , just before the greens decided to support the NDP.
but rather two lame political parties, unable to fund themselves, thus concocting a plan to have the tax payer do it for them, whether willing or not.
You are likely referring to taking the corruption of big business / corporate / union political contributions out of elections and putting everyone on level ground instead of giving the edge to the party in power who can sell their political power in exchange for a generous "donation" (not a bribe at all). Just wondering , if you had to choose 1 reason why your favourite crooks are no longer in power , what would it be ?

I guess the word I'm looking for is "transparent",
Good luck with that , the Lieberals threw that word around until it was worn out , then they shredded it along with all the incriminating e-mails.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

gordon_as wrote:I know it's hard for some to understand that a politician might actually try to do what he said he would.

The problem here is perhaps more in him doing what he said he wouldn't do. For example, helping himself to taxpayer money to bail out and permanently finance his bankrupt party.

It seems to me that by accepting the role of premier, he must have made some kind of promise to do his best for all of the people of B.C.(Although I've spent a few minutes looking for the oath, I haven't located it yet.) He eventually did the grown-up thing about Site C, but first he made sure he divided people, undermined a lot of businesses and created a lot of unnecessary anxiety. All that would have been avoided if he had done his homework properly before the campaign. Grown-ups understand about homework.

So far, it doesn't seem he's able to do the grown-up thing when it comes to cleaning up the mess Heyman has made before it gets worse. He's fostering a great deal of division in B.C., and in Canada, again primarily because he didn't do his homework properly before campaigning.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote:The current government was NOT elected!!!!
You are wrong as usual. We elect MLA's , not a government. Each and every MLA in the current government got more votes than their Lieberal opponent.

Don't be obtuse, you know darn well what I'm talking about, so stop acting as though you don't.

More often than not we elect a party to govern, based on their platform, and said party getting enough seats to form government.

The NDP lied flat out, about a number of things during the election, and aren't in place because their party won, but rather due to plotting with the third loser.

Semantics isn't going to change how people view what happened, nor will it change history books, which show the NDP haven't won an election, nor popular vote, this century.

I honestly believe, that in order for a government to undertake the type of wholesale changes, that they are engaging in, all of which are self serving, it should at the very least, require a majority election win by the party doing so, since at least that way we all have concede that they have a mandate from the voters. Failing that, a referendum, on something as contentious as party funding, and PR. So far it "appears" they will hold a referendum on PR, but I see no mention of party funding, which is just as contentious, if not more so.
The plan as it stands, makes anything the Liberals have ever done, look insignificant, by comparison to this blatant deception. I believe in private enterprise this is a criminal offense called false pretenses.

gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote:There's a significant difference between winning an election, and governing with an actual mandate from the people

You are , of course , aware that only 25.23 % of registered voters actually voted for the BC Liberals ? right ?

I'm aware that even less voted for the NDP, or are you trying to rewrite history again? The results were 40.36% for the Liberals, 40.28% for the NDP, 16.84% for the Greens (who benefited from disenchanted Liberals parking votes), and 2.52% for others, for a total of 100% which is how that works. The only votes that count are those that voted, regardless of how many registered.
gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote: as opposed to stealing an election, by means of a joint plot, designed not to help the voters at all

I do sort of remember how the Liberal supporters were all giddy about a deal with the Greens , just before the greens decided to support the NDP.

Can't argue with you there, they thought Weaver had ethics at the time, but please remind me, did the Liberals have a plan to fund the NDP and Greens with tax payer funds, after specifically telling voters that would never happen? I don't recall such a plot at all.
gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote: but rather two lame political parties, unable to fund themselves, thus concocting a plan to have the tax payer do it for them, whether willing or not.

You are likely referring to taking the corruption of big business / corporate / union political contributions out of elections and putting everyone on level ground instead of giving the edge to the party in power who can sell their political power in exchange for a generous "donation" (not a bribe at all). Just wondering , if you had to choose 1 reason why your favourite crooks are no longer in power , what would it be ?

Nice deflection gordo, but tell me, since you are obviously implying that the playing field wasn't level, what was stopping your NDP heroes, from soliciting funds from businesses, or corporations? In fact in 2013 when it looked like there was a chance Dix would win, the NDP did in fact accept monies, from those types of sources, who were out to hedge their bets. Are you suggesting they gave them back?
Are you suggesting the NDP accept monies from the BCTF for absolutely nothing in return? The NDP getting into power, and being one of the first entities, to cash in on government monies as the BCTF did, doesn't reek of corruption/bribery at all does it gordo?
gordon_as wrote:
Old Techie wrote: I guess the word I'm looking for is "transparent",

Good luck with that , the Lieberals threw that word around until it was worn out , then they shredded it along with all the incriminating e-mails.

Yet now we see it resurface it's ugly head, as the lefty ultimate metric of demonstrated hypocrisy.

Return to “B.C.”