Take that political correctness crap and...

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Re: Take that PC crap and...

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 14th, 2018, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

I’ve recently stopped watching vancouver news and have been noticably more content .You get sick of hearing them talk.
I still like chbc, less sensational and real . Perhaps the in your face PC business is directly related to all the mass shootings. I mean really , think about it.
Strong and free
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Zoso wrote:I’ve recently stopped watching vancouver news and have been noticably more content .You get sick of hearing them talk. I still like chbc, less sensational and real . Perhaps the in your face PC business is directly related to all the mass shootings. I mean really , think about it.

Vancouver global have turned into talking heads.....and at least 1 20 minute dog or animal story in the midst of their celebrity worship, fashion design and politically correct news.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

averagejoe wrote:Vancouver global have turned into talking heads.....and at least 1 20 minute dog or animal story in the midst of their celebrity worship, fashion design and politically correct news.

Not just Global TV, CBC is much worse IMO. Almost all of them think Human interest stories (almost always have a left-wing slant) are news. LOL

Pretty sad when the news consists of 5 minutes of real news and the rest is just filler.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

averagejoe wrote:
Vancouver global have turned into talking heads.....and at least 1 20 minute dog or animal story in the midst of their celebrity worship, fashion design and politically correct news.

The just announced a bunch of layoffs (21 in Vancouver) and will be focusing more on online News.
There are a couple of their News announcers that I won't miss if they are part of it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Bsuds wrote:The just announced a bunch of layoffs (21 in Vancouver) and will be focusing more on online News.
There are a couple of their News announcers that I won't miss if they are part of it.

Great news....people are turning off the MSM in droves for turning real news into a circus of no nothing news. Who cares if someones dog got bit by another dog down in Coal Harbour or re-inact the scene when a dog is taken away by a cougar.....some columnist wrote in the Daily Courier back last summer how Global has gone down. His final straw was 20 minutes of some animal in a bath tub.....Good bye Global BC!!!!!
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The end was in sight as soon as Corus (Shaw) bought it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstor ... li=AAggFp5

What about this one?

"The company's name and logo are seriously offensive," the petition on Christian site Return To Order says. "The first S in the word Jesus is a lightning strike, reminiscent of the Nazi style used by the SS, and the T in "SWEET" is often shown as an inverted Cross on the company's various products ... We cannot remain silent while Our Lord is blasphemed!"
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Wonder if it is good ice cream? IDK, maybe time to change cursing
" Billy Bob you" stuff like that.. then ppl named Billy Bob would take offense, sigh
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

grammafreddy wrote:Maybe what she said just needed a comma in the sentence ...

"and my skin became dirty, and dark like the Tamilians"

Or maybe just one of these at the end " :200: "
Zoso
Übergod

Post by Zoso »

they could have as easily called it santa claus or easter bunny ice cream .
Strong and free
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

https://www.toddstarnes.com/show/all-fe ... nts-women/

In honour of not offending trans or non-binary people of course.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
liisgo
Lord of the Board

Post by liisgo »

This PC crap is going to back fire so bad for all of us in society.
Women not being called women, no genders?
Wait till we are all sharing the same showers. No more women only gyms and other places.
Soon who ever wants can go anywhere they want, under any gender they feel gives them the best options and opportunities.
This is a great example of "watch what you wish for".
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

liisgo wrote:This PC crap is going to back fire so bad for all of us in society.
Women not being called women, no genders?
Wait till we are all sharing the same showers. No more women only gyms and other places.
Soon who ever wants can go anywhere they want, under any gender they feel gives them the best options and opportunities.
This is a great example of "watch what you wish for".

How about this one? It's hit the news cycle and no one said anything probably because it's so freaking incredible no one could believe it.

A high school girl went to school without a bra and the staff told her she was a distraction, DUHHHHHHHH but now? Now there is a whole movement to have highschool girls attend school without bras and pin them to their packpacks.

Okay, where the HELL are the parents? Where? Put an end to the insanity that "anything goes" and the adults are stupid and the teens run the show. Seriously. End it.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#223791

A Florida high school student who triggered an international discussion on whether women should have to wear bras is mobilizing girls to go braless to protest dress codes she says are unfairly strict for girls.

The Bradenton Herald reports Lizzy Martinez' "Bracott" will take place at Braden River High on Monday, according to Twitter posts from her account. Martinez is encouraging her female classmates to arrive to school braless to send a message to school administrators that requiring the undergarment is sexist.

On April 2, Martinez didn't wear a bra and said school administrators told her to cover her nipples because they were distracting her classmates. The dress code doesn't specifically address bras.

A district spokesman declined to comment. It isn't clear how the district will respond if several students participate in the protest.

Cue the brainless morons who think that this is a good idea. You've been watching one too many episodes of Riverdale where the teens run the adults. It's a fanstasy people. And a dark one.
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

I bet all the 16 and 17 yr old boys don't agree with you!! :biggrin:
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Social Concerns”