Pattison closing pattison signs..

westbankkid
Übergod

Pattison closing pattison signs..

Post by westbankkid »

If Pattison wants to close his Penticton plant and move it to the US then a boycott of Save on foods might be in order. Pattison owns it as well.
Just a suggestion...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Pattison closing pattison signs..

Post by Queen K »

Poor Billioniare Patterson, BC born and bred, just doesn't have enough money and therefore has to send sign makers in Penticton out on their bleeps.

I was sick when I read this, like jobs are everywhere in Penticton.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
larion

Post by larion »

Jimmy has to come up with some plan to pay for Marilyn's famous dress. [icon_lol2.gif]
Seriously that place was primarily a collection of the nastiest idiopathic bullies I ever had the misfortune to work with!! I am so surprised that mess lasted this long! Finally justice is served! :up:
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

I think it's pitiful that a Canadian Company with Canadian customers and Canadian shareholders takes their labour elsewhere, it's inexcusable. Yes to Save On, Buy Low, Family Foods, they won't be getting my business which means no more grocery shopping for me in Osoyoos as Pattison owns both stores.

Telus too, they keep moving call centre jobs overseas and have contracted out work to lesser paying companies.

Sad, sorry to those losing a job.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Interesting that they are apparently unwilling to deal with the press so far. It shouldn't exactly catch them unaware that the closure of an employer of this size in a relatively small town would arouse some curiosity.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
firecracker

Post by firecracker »

Jimmy Pattison does not care about the little city in the mountains, or any of the people in it. Including the people that work for his companies. There are over 200 employees at save on foods. Do you really think it's fair to them to try and put them out of a job just because the 1% doesn't care? Do you think everyone that works for his companies agree with what he does? I can assure you they don't. Most of them are just trying to pay their bills, feed their kids or put themselves through school.
Boycotting will accomplish nothing but helping to kill this city.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

FYI this is a list of the companies that the group includes.
https://www.jimpattison.com/industries/
Bring back the LIKE button.
Osoyoos_Familyof4
Board Meister

Post by Osoyoos_Familyof4 »

^^^ I hear what you're saying, however THE ONLY way a person can protest effectively is with their money.

I will no longer be shopping for groceries in my hometown at all, and sure I know folks that work at these stores, it's hard but it's the only power I have.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Maybe a bit off topic, but this also just happened.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4031185/spitz-sunflower-seeds-jobs-bow-island/

Isn’t that just the spitz!
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have started a new thread in the Canada section with regards to Treeguy's post.
Bring back the LIKE button.
JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Post by JagXKR »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:^^^ I hear what you're saying, however THE ONLY way a person can protest effectively is with their money.

I will no longer be shopping for groceries in my hometown at all, and sure I know folks that work at these stores, it's hard but it's the only power I have.

Jimmy has no qualms about shutting anything down. He has done hard line stances at his businesses many times. Your protest will not make any difference to him and you will instead hurt the good people at Save-On or Buy-low.
It's always your choice but I will not be changing my habits due to a business decision, especially if the unintended consequences could cost someone else their job.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:I think it's pitiful that a Canadian Company with Canadian customers and Canadian shareholders takes their labour elsewhere, it's inexcusable. Yes to Save On, Buy Low, Family Foods, they won't be getting my business which means no more grocery shopping for me in Osoyoos as Pattison owns both stores.

Telus too, they keep moving call centre jobs overseas and have contracted out work to lesser paying companies.

That's how business runs, finding the cheapest supplier.... with acceptable quality.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Osoyoos_Familyof4 wrote:I think it's pitiful that a Canadian Company with Canadian customers and Canadian shareholders takes their labour elsewhere, it's inexcusable. Yes to Save On, Buy Low, Family Foods, they won't be getting my business which means no more grocery shopping for me in Osoyoos as Pattison owns both stores.

Has there been an announcement that the sign shop is moving to another country? Link please.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

larion wrote:Jimmy has to come up with some plan to pay for Marilyn's famous dress. [icon_lol2.gif]
Seriously that place was primarily a collection of the nastiest idiopathic bullies I ever had the misfortune to work with!! I am so surprised that mess lasted this long! Finally justice is served! :up:

Lets put the emotion aside and look at what larion has just said. It would seem with the information above that this might have been a somewhat toxic environment. Toxic work environments don't always produce product in a timely manner or generate needed revenue. Perhaps the market it was serving (not quite sure of the geography) has softened to the point it is no longer feasible to be doing business out of Penticton. This company could have been owned by any large corporation and I suspect we may have had the same end result. Pattison earned his wealth. I have friends who continue to work for him and I have seen how they have grown into management roles and how they are receiving above average income and benefits. I suspect there is more to this than what is being divulged and really does the Pattison group really have to tell you the whys? I'm sure those nasty, idiopathic bullies know why.

Return to “South Okanagan”