Boycot WestJet! Boycot Alberta beef!

hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Boycot WestJet! Boycot Alberta beef!

Post by hobbyguy »

I laugh at the whole notion expressed here by the silly dippers.

Johnny the usurper and his snollygoster fool Heyman started this whole mess. That's what you get when you have the unready form a coalition with ideological and unreasonable fools.

I am embarrassed that the reputation of the hard working folks is being tarnished by these idiots - neither of whom have real world hard work experience.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

occasional thoughts wrote:I'm disappointed but not surprised to see that Castanet furumistas are no more able to stick to a subject than when I was less participating a year or two ago.

The topic is boycotting Alberta products and goods to fight the blunt trauma blow AB has inflicted on innocent wineries in the Okanagan. I've suggested two objects of boycott: Alberta National Airlines aka WestJet, , and their sacred Alberta beef.

There's the big fight at the political legal level, and then there's the scummy little fight that Ms. Notley has directed at our friends and neighbours in the Okanagan Valley. They need to know what it feels like and feel it where it hurts them back.

So did Horgan not start this? You seem to think it’s one sided. Alberta just sent a message back to respond to the delay of the pipeline.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

occasional thoughts wrote:I'm disappointed but not surprised to see that Castanet furumistas are no more able to stick to a subject than when I was less participating a year or two ago.

The topic is boycotting Alberta products and goods to fight the blunt trauma blow AB has inflicted on innocent wineries in the Okanagan. I've suggested two objects of boycott: Alberta National Airlines aka WestJet, , and their sacred Alberta beef.

There's the big fight at the political legal level, and then there's the scummy little fight that Ms. Notley has directed at our friends and neighbours in the Okanagan Valley. They need to know what it feels like and feel it where it hurts them back.

So in essence, you think the solution, is to escalate a trade war that Horgan started?????

BC will be the losers.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
gordnyki0132

Post by gordnyki0132 »

No boycot suncor just laid me off no wine no more AAA alta beef for us, best bud got laid off to, very coincidental, hope Suncor isnt picking on us BC people
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

gordnyki0132 wrote:No boycot suncor just laid me off no wine no more AAA alta beef for us, best bud got laid off to, very coincidental, hope Suncor isnt picking on us BC people

I would not put it past them to boycott BC workers. Ms. Trump is using the extreme right wing bully tactics. As I suggested in another forum. If you do not like the way the province is run, and love that Alberta beef, rather than our much better BC beef, Greydog goes the Alberta every day. I am sure you will not be missed here, I would enjoy a summer without the red and white plates and the forest fires started by dumb tourists. It would be a breath of fresh air.
Let our government do its due diligence to protect our coastline.
An oil spill would devastate our waterways! Can Ms. Bully Beef Notley guarantee if there is an oil spill it will be cleaned up, and no damage done to the environment? NO! Does she care about our environment? NO! Does she care anything about BC? NO! Does she care about the almighty dollar? YES! Does she care about her political career? YES!
If she was a good neighbour she would wait and let our government do its thing. It may take some time, and she may be out of office by then, but hey the pipeline will happen on our terms not hers. If my neighbour wanted to do something that would cause an environmental problem on my property I would certainly tell them to pound sand!
Another concern is the tankers killing whales, the resident Orca population is on the decline as it is, more tanker traffic would devastate it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3801003/sout ... opulation/

It troubles me that this kind of thing is in the news from Alberta far to often and just shows how poorly the response is to an oil spill in Alberta little own British Columbia.
http://calgaryherald.com/business/energ ... ry-company

Ms. Notley is just worried about her political future. It would seem Alberta's record for crazy leaders is just carrying on from the last one who though she was the Empress of Alberta. This one now thinks she is the Empress of Alberta and BC, well she isn't. [icon_lol2.gif]
Last edited by reidabix on Feb 16th, 2018, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I predicted BC workers jobs would be on the line. When will Horgan stop the bleeding. Gonna be a lot of hungry mouths to feed soon. Support oilfield workers. F hippies
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

Jflem1983 wrote:I predicted BC workers jobs would be on the line. When will Horgan stop the bleeding. Gonna be a lot of hungry mouths to feed soon. Support oilfield workers. F hippies

Property is cheap in Sundre, maybe pig farming is up your alley. [icon_lol2.gif]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEg4F9csPzo
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Oil field jobs for BCs won’t be on the line. The major projects will always be fly in/out. And even once construction at Fort Hills winds down this year, the flights to/from B.C. will be dropped but it’s easy peasy to fly commercially to Calgary/Edmonton to catch the charter flights. Out of province workers have been doing that for years.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

gordnyki0132 wrote:No boycot suncor just laid me off no wine no more AAA alta beef for us, best bud got laid off to, very coincidental, hope Suncor isnt picking on us BC people

Which site? Which contractor?
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

At least the politicians in southern Alberta are still thinking straight and are showing some brains and common sense. Naheed is a very smart cat, but Der Fuhrer of Alberta, well not so much.

This is from Castanet

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi says the right strategy in the dispute between Alberta and B.C. over the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion is to ignore Premier John Horgan.

Alberta has formed a task force to mull further retaliation after Horgan proposed banning increased bitumen shipments from B.C. until there is a proven plan to deal with spills.

But Nenshi says Horgan hasn't confirmed any major restrictions yet and nothing the premier has said should slow down construction of the pipeline.

Nenshi spoke in Ottawa as Canada’s big city mayors meet with federal cabinet ministers ahead of the spring budget.
buckland
Fledgling

Post by buckland »

Unfortunately, we have two governments who have differing problems to deal with in their respective provinces.
Alberta is trying to improve their environmental record while keeping their major economic driver (oil) going. If they appear weak, they will surely lose the next election to Kenney and his cronies. If this happens, and the pipeline is still being debated, things will be much worse for BC and the environment. Let's face it BC has more to loose in this fight and Ms. Notley is walking a fine line. Having said that, she would have been better off targeting the Lower Mainland in her response to the BC decision. The Lower Mainland and the rest of BC are like two solitude, politically speaking.

John Horgan's very survival depends on the Greens and could be scuttled anytime. The NDP and Greens represent only the Lower Mainland and the Islands. I would stop all fuel shipments going to Hope and beyond. Let them find out what it would be like if they had to buy their fuel from the states.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

I was a Super at fort hills for over 2 years Suncor at the start of the project had a Alberta #1 BC#2 Sask #3 then the rest of Canada you could hire from where ever you wanted but they might not pay for your flights. So I think they will lay off the same way. This was only ever about saving money on flights nothing to do with anything else. The man count today was around 3500 workers on site.
Last edited by christopher on Feb 16th, 2018, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

I’m sure there’s much more to the story.....I would bet $$$$ your firing had nothing to do with where you live :up:
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

buckland wrote:Unfortunately, we have two governments who have differing problems to deal with in their respective provinces.
Alberta is trying to improve their environmental record while keeping their major economic driver (oil) going. If they appear weak, they will surely lose the next election to Kenney and his cronies. If this happens, and the pipeline is still being debated, things will be much worse for BC and the environment. Let's face it BC has more to loose in this fight and Ms. Notley is walking a fine line. Having said that, she would have been better off targeting the Lower Mainland in her response to the BC decision. The Lower Mainland and the rest of BC are like two solitude, politically speaking.

John Horgan's very survival depends on the Greens and could be scuttled anytime. The NDP and Greens represent only the Lower Mainland and the Islands. I would stop all fuel shipments going to Hope and beyond. Let them find out what it would be like if they had to buy their fuel from the states.

News flash! They've been buying their fuel from the US for years. The dilbit gets shipped from AB to WA state, refined, and sold to B.C.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 19th, 2018, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “B.C.”