Downtown cameras

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Downtown cameras

Post by Jflem1983 »

alanjh595 wrote:I think the time is quickly approaching that all babies born in Canada will be swabbed for a DNA sample and the results will be stored in a national data base.
All Canadian cash should contain an RFID in the bills so they can be tracked and who has possession of them.

Why do u want that.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Where did I say "I wanted that"?
Bring back the LIKE button.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

What I DO want is, cameras on all forestry roads coming and going, with licence plate recognition, that will monitor illegal dumpers. If a truck comes in loaded with garbage and leaves empty, that would help out the Forest Task people alot.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

alanjh595 wrote:I think the time is quickly approaching that all babies born in Canada will be swabbed for a DNA sample and the results will be stored in a national data base.
All Canadian cash should contain an RFID in the bills so they can be tracked and who has possession of them.

That won't be happening any time soon, they don't even share your address between federal agencies when you update it. Our government basically exists in the 90's technology wise.
Last edited by CapitalB on Feb 19th, 2018, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CapitalB wrote:

That won't be happening any time so, they don't even share your address between federal agencies when you update it. Our government basically exists in the 90's technology wise.

That's true and these changes will probably not happen within my lifetime, but I can see that it's coming. Then again, when I was 12 years old, we had to take a class trip up to Simon Fraser University to see a computer.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

SFU had a computer in the 1930s?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

alanjh595 wrote:What I DO want is, cameras on all forestry roads coming and going, with licence plate recognition, that will monitor illegal dumpers. If a truck comes in loaded with garbage and leaves empty, that would help out the Forest Task people alot.

I am those people. If u want to help us. Come out to a clean up. Meet the boys and girls who spend their time and money cleaning up the woods. People bring their kids. Its great.
OFTF is a good thing.
Cameras on city streets are not.

As for the scum dumpers. I wish just once when Kane takes info to the proper people. That the RCMP would actually charge people.

If u added up the cost of the excavator with a big magnet . 1 to 3 bins. A welder with cutting torches. Several atvs and side by sides. Trailers. 30 peoples saturday afternoon.
The list goes on. I bet our bill would be 10k for one clean up.
We do it as volunteers.
Proud to have been in on starting it. Proud to call Kane a friend
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bman wrote:SFU had a computer in the 1930s?

:spitcoffee: :laugh: :up:
Ever hear of the "Enigma machine"?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

BUT....wait a second.......If there are cameras in the trees, where people go to be free of the prying eyes of others and expect privacy......
Wouldn't that be against the desires of those that appose cameras in a highly visible location like....the downtown core?

By the way, Thank you and your crew of volunteers for all of the work that they do on their own time and at their own expense. Your services are MUCH appreciated.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Jflem1983 wrote:I am those people. If u want to help us. Come out to a clean up. Meet the boys and girls who spend their time and money cleaning up the woods. People bring their kids. Its great.
OFTF is a good thing.
Cameras on city streets are not.

As for the scum dumpers. I wish just once when Kane takes info to the proper people. That the RCMP would actually charge people.

If u added up the cost of the excavator with a big magnet . 1 to 3 bins. A welder with cutting torches. Several atvs and side by sides. Trailers. 30 peoples saturday afternoon.
The list goes on. I bet our bill would be 10k for one clean up.
We do it as volunteers.
Proud to have been in on starting it. Proud to call Kane a friend

I didn't know that was a thing. Everyone involved is doing awesome work.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:As for the scum dumpers. I wish just once when Kane takes info to the proper people. That the RCMP would actually charge people.

RCMP won't charge people - it would be up to Crown to approve charges that aren't likely to result in a conviction. One needs "proof" and cameras recording those people would help.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Fancy wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:As for the scum dumpers. I wish just once when Kane takes info to the proper people. That the RCMP would actually charge people.

RCMP won't charge people - it would be up to Crown to approve charges that aren't likely to result in a conviction. One needs "proof" and cameras recording those people would help.

I think the best thing would be a system of drones, similar to these ones, that if we invested a bit into them could watch for forest fires, loggers, dumpers, etc document and report them. Would that be much different from a bunch of cameras downtown? I think so since they would generally fly high and only come down to inspect law breakers.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

CapitalB wrote:I think the best thing would be a system of drones, similar to these ones, that if we invested a bit into them could watch for forest fires, loggers, dumpers, etc document and report them. Would that be much different from a bunch of cameras downtown? I think so since they would generally fly high and only come down to inspect law breakers.

so? what's the difference between your idea and that of having cameras mounted on poles that observe for criminal activity, calling the police and have them investigate the circumstances?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

alanjh595 wrote:
CapitalB wrote:I think the best thing would be a system of drones, similar to these ones, that if we invested a bit into them could watch for forest fires, loggers, dumpers, etc document and report them. Would that be much different from a bunch of cameras downtown? I think so since they would generally fly high and only come down to inspect law breakers.

so? what's the difference between your idea and that of having cameras mounted on poles that observe for criminal activity, calling the police and have them investigate the circumstances?

K well lets at least arm the drones with tazers

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

alanjh595 wrote:

You can see a lot more from way up in the air than you can from thirty or fourty feet up a pole? Mobility means you would need significantly less of them to cover an area, and they could drop in the get close ups of lawbreakers at need.

Return to “Central Okanagan”