Ben Stewart

ferri
Forum Administrator

Re: Ben Stewart

Post by ferri »

Ben Stewart <--- Hey look! There goes the topic now! See if you can get back on it please! :D Thanks.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

CapitalB wrote:Were you as outraged at the BC liberals taking millions in donations from oil and gas lobbyists through the 2010's? I wasn't on this forum then.

I was also pretty outraged at the NDP taking millions in donations from government unions. But that's a topic for another thread. The NDP is in a complete conflict. Yet another reason why I voted Ben instead of the horrible NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
CapitalB wrote:Were you as outraged at the BC liberals taking millions in donations from oil and gas lobbyists through the 2010's? I wasn't on this forum then.

I was also pretty outraged at the NDP taking millions in donations from government unions. But that's a topic for another thread. The NDP is in a complete conflict. Yet another reason why I voted Ben instead of the horrible NDP.

Thats pretty shady too. Makes sense for them (unions) to donate towards a party thats not trying to dismantle them though, not saying that specific unions are well run just from a survival perspective it makes sense.

Just more reasons to ban large donations, and donations from groups.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 20th, 2018, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

Watched all of the Leg broadcast today and saw nothing, nada, zip from Ben Stewart - no welcome for visitors, no statements presented, no questions asked in QP and no bills presented.

Anyone see proof of his dynamic leadership????
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Watched all of the Leg broadcast today and saw nothing, nada, zip from Ben Stewart - no welcome for visitors, no statements presented, no questions asked in QP and no bills presented.

Good grief! All MLA's need to make introductions, or statements every day??? Or they need to ask questions every day? What a ridiculous way of judging MLA's. Or does your method of evaluating MLA's actually only apply to Ben Stewart? Or to Liberals?
:biggrin:
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^You would expect a dynamic leader - one who you voted back into an MLA seat to make an impression - to at least show that he was back in the legislature. Didn't even see Wilkinson or any other Liberal party member give him even an acknowledgement. So much for electing someone into the Opposition. Yawn....
Chill
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

flamingfingers wrote:Watched all of the Leg broadcast today and saw nothing, nada, zip from Ben Stewart - no welcome for visitors, no statements presented, no questions asked in QP and no bills presented.

LOL! Ben Stewart didn't present a bill on his first day back in the Legislature!! Too funny!
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Old Techie wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:*removed*

*removed*

Indeed. Also sounds like some of that underestimation Brown was talking about, when he wrote in the Straight:
Not only is Gentle Ben a sweetheart of a guy, he is one of the kindest and most decent, affable, and honourable men I ever had the pleasure to know and work with during my time in B.C. politics.

He’s smart, principled, and easily underestimated, mostly due to his height. Cue Randy Newman’s “Short People”.
https://www.straight.com/news/1021991/m ... er-ndp-mla

Yep, and that's from the Straight. Think I'll take Brown's estimation of the man over the opinions of the bitter and disgruntled posters here.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

removed. continue on with your silly "abortion" comments and you'll be on vacation from the board.
Buckeye19
Board Meister

Post by Buckeye19 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 22nd, 2018, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

I for one am excited to have Ben back. Now if we can get two green's to sign up on the liberals we back in business!

Return to “B.C.”