West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Post by TreeGuy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 20th, 2018, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Now, when speaking of west kelowna crimes, always speak in a PINK voice so as to be heard. :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Queen K wrote:I'm at odds with that video because why?

1. Is it teaching crime to those who don't know?

2. Is it helping people who didn't know criminals could do that?

or

1 plus 2 ?

:swear:

How about:

1. Teaching others where they are vulnerable so that they can take prophylactic measures for their own safety?

2. Showing people what the criminals already know.

I guess it is the difference between potatoe and potato. Consider it a warning to those that have something to lose.
Bring back the LIKE button.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

crime is unacceptable at any level, they pried open window,wrecked casing,broke window travel trailer,they have the tools of their trade,have dog now hopefully they don,t drug her.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Catsumi wrote:Now, when speaking of west kelowna crimes, always speak in a PINK voice so as to be heard. :biggrin:

Seems a ferri swooped in a spirited away with some choice nuggets left lying
about ungaurded in the night.

I can tell by the little pink footy prints left behind. :smt045

As for video's of work arounds, they cover everything from the ease of
getting into vehicles to how to make a bomb for mass distruction.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Seems that we are in an unwinnable war.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Catsumi wrote:Seems that we are in an unwinnable war.

Yup, nobody gets out alive !
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
StraitTalk
Lord of the Board

Post by StraitTalk »

adionline wrote:
Leifer wrote:Whatever you do....don't try and stop the thieves yourself.
The law wants you to passively sit by and allow your possessions
to be stolen and your family to be assaulted.

I bet Kristopher Teichrieb had wished he would have just let his stuff get stolen/vandalized.

You're going to use an example where a fully grown man chased a teen down a street and smashed his head in with a baseball bat and left him brain dead? Those pesky teenager thieves running away with all our valuables. :138:

Hmm. When I graduated in 2008, a group of about 10 boys from the 07 MBSS grad class crashed our bush party and beat several of us to the ground with bats, boards, batons and otherwise. They also destroyed 4 or 5 vehicles while they were at it. It was a miracle nobody was seriously hurt. It was 100% unprovoked but invited after two extremely drunk members of their group tried to join us earlier in the evening and we asked them to leave. I can't think of a friendlier group of people for this to happen to.

I have a couple other stories of MBSS youth and their antics. Absolutely nothing good to say.

I have to say, I think the problem is starting far before the police have anything to do with it - that's been my experience.

I would so love to hear any recent or current students chime in.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Lets ban that fancy new drug that brings junkies back from the dead, just watch the crime rate plummet... :-X
goodswimmer

Post by goodswimmer »

Leifer wrote:Whatever you do....don't try and stop the thieves yourself.
The law wants you to passively sit by and allow your possessions
to be stolen and your family to be assaulted.

I bet Kristopher Teichrieb had wished he would have just let his stuff get stolen/vandalized.

Yah sure if someone is outside stealing your stuff it could be dangerous to confront them. But if someone entered my home I would definitely do something about it. Just hope I wouldn't go to jail for it lol sigh
pisces-guy

Post by pisces-guy »

:130: In the good old days in North Delta there was an old man that still owned a large lot off 80th Avenue, what was left of the farm he had sold to developers when he retired. If you saw him outside you could chat with him and he was a great guy, but if you jumped his fence to cut across his land or check out his property he'd nail you with a shotgun shell or two full of rock salt. A friend of mine said it stung like crazy, right through his jeans...and when he complained to his dad he was asked the circumstances...and given several lashes from his dad's belt as punishment. Then he was marched down to the man's house and made to apologize. That was the end of my friend's dalliance with thoughts of stealing and trespassing. :up: We need more parents taking responsibility for their kids and disciplining them when they get out of line, teaching them right and wrong, and knowing where they are. The police and legal system should leave the proper educational use of rock salt or rubber buckshot directed at a young miscreant's legs alone, and let homeowners use a reasonable amount of force to protect their property and educate the wayward. When they know there's repercussions, would-be punks tend to straighten out...
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

pisces-guy wrote::130: In the good old days in North Delta there was an old man that still owned a large lot off 80th Avenue, what was left of the farm he had sold to developers when he retired. If you saw him outside you could chat with him and he was a great guy, but if you jumped his fence to cut across his land or check out his property he'd nail you with a shotgun shell or two full of rock salt. A friend of mine said it stung like crazy, right through his jeans...and when he complained to his dad he was asked the circumstances...and given several lashes from his dad's belt as punishment. Then he was marched down to the man's house and made to apologize. That was the end of my friend's dalliance with thoughts of stealing and trespassing. :up: We need more parents taking responsibility for their kids and disciplining them when they get out of line, teaching them right and wrong, and knowing where they are. The police and legal system should leave the proper educational use of rock salt or rubber buckshot directed at a young miscreant's legs alone, and let homeowners use a reasonable amount of force to protect their property and educate the wayward. When they know there's repercussions, would-be punks tend to straighten out...

Now this is a GREAT post! Pisces-guy, my only complaint is you need to post more. Member since 06? Whereyubeen?
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
wolfenone

Post by wolfenone »

After seeing the story on the arrest of the thief in Glenrosa yesterday I noticed footprints in the snow outside my house. The prints were all around my house and I could see where the guy jumped fences to enter my backyard and exit after circling my house before jumping fence to next door. We were home all day and never saw anyone but still kinda freaks my wife out and pisses me off. Don't know what would have happened if I would have run into him. Reading all the posts regarding defending yourself and your property makes me think I might go vigilante.
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

wolfenone wrote:After seeing the story on the arrest of the thief in Glenrosa yesterday I noticed footprints in the snow outside my house. The prints were all around my house and I could see where the guy jumped fences to enter my backyard and exit after circling my house before jumping fence to next door. We were home all day and never saw anyone but still kinda freaks my wife out and pisses me off. Don't know what would have happened if I would have run into him. Reading all the posts regarding defending yourself and your property makes me think I might go vigilante.

i had something similar a couple weeks back, my cameras confirmed it was the gas meter reader...not sure *bleep* he was thinking
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've watched them go through yards and not happy how they have damaged some neighbours' property. Just because they are allowed access doesn't mean traipsing through people's gardens.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”