Snow on vehicles

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Snow on vehicles

Post by Fancy »

momma2a.sage wrote:I find it interesting how not a single person in this forum has mentioned that it was clearly a window in which was covered in snow and SHOULD be visible from the drivers peripheral (rear view mirror).

Rear view mirror? Have you ever driven a truck and camper? Cube van? Hauled a boat and trailer? Might want to rethink that.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm thinking she means the outside mirrors (sideview mirrors) since she mentioned peripheral.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

RVThereYet wrote:Some vehicles are more prone to this type of snow build-up than others, it depends on aerodynamics and how the wind swirls off the back of the vehicle. Not making any excuses for not clearing off the snow from your vehicle, but it is entirely possible for two different (make/model) vehicles to leave BW in the same weather conditions and one getting to town looking like the subject of this threat and the other being complete clear of any snow build-up.

i agree with the above, but I also noticed that the back window of that car was also covered in snow, why didn't the driver notice and hit the wiper? That should have been his 1st clue that maybe the rest of the back was also covered in snow.
Bring back the LIKE button.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

alanjh595 wrote:
RVThereYet wrote:Some vehicles are more prone to this type of snow build-up than others, it depends on aerodynamics and how the wind swirls off the back of the vehicle. Not making any excuses for not clearing off the snow from your vehicle, but it is entirely possible for two different (make/model) vehicles to leave BW in the same weather conditions and one getting to town looking like the subject of this threat and the other being complete clear of any snow build-up.

i agree with the above, but I also noticed that the back window of that car was also covered in snow, why didn't the driver notice and hit the wiper? That should have been his 1st clue that maybe the rest of the back was also covered in snow.

Take another look at the video, the back window is not covered in snow, light and plate yes, window, not.
Attachments
Capture.png
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I don't see snow on the back window either.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Okay then, he took the time to clear the snow off the whole window, because if it was just cleared by the wiper, it would have been a 1/2 circle shape. That means that he was aware of the condition of the rear of his car but failed to address this situation in order to comply with the MVA.
Obviously, negligent and worthy of a "coupon" issued by the RCMP.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... his-driver[/quote]

RVThereYet wrote:Take another look at the video, the back window is not covered in snow, light and plate yes, window, not.

Fancy wrote:I don't see snow on the back window either.

Now that wiper only cleans off a very small amount of the rear window, one would expect most of the back window to be dirty.
It does appear they clean the rear window at some point prior to the person following & recording the footage. If so why not remove snow off the taillights..... maybe not thinking about being seen as much as seeing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

^^^ that or he just used his rear window defroster ... That would keep the rear window clear like that too.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

- it's called a rear window defrost feature.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

RVThereYet wrote:^^^ that or he just used his rear window defroster ... That would keep the rear window clear like that too.

fair enough
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Loki2u
Board Meister

Post by Loki2u »

Would it have been so bad for the maker of this video to politely pull up beside them at the stop light, rolled down the window and informed them their lights were covered?

Going to the media? Treating the driver like they were a dangerous criminal? Give me a break!

When did being nice and neighborly become uncommon in Canada?
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your INFORMED opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. -Harlan Ellison-
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

RVThereYet wrote:^^^ that or he just used his rear window defroster ... That would keep the rear window clear like that too.

GordonH wrote:fair enough

Plus knowing how few drivers actual use there signals, it would only be their brake lights. As long as cyclops light works in rear window (it only comes on when brake pedal is depressed..... then alls good I guess.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Okay....maybe the name of this thread is not appropriate and should have been called:

How many excuses can we come up with for the dumb dumb that doesn't know.

#1. Gee, officer, I didn't know.

#2. I'm sorry, I wasn't aware.

#3. Are my lights really not visible? They were the last time I looked.

#4. Nobody has complained/told me.

#5. I can see just fine.

#6. Is that worth a ticket?

#7. See you in court, I will fight this ticket.

#8. Why is that MY problem? The others shouldn't be so close.

#9. Geez, it must have just happened.

#10 Sorry, I will fix that right away.

#11 Is that a law?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Loki2u wrote:Would it have been so bad for the maker of this video to politely pull up beside them at the stop light, rolled down the window and informed them their lights were covered?

Going to the media? Treating the driver like they were a dangerous criminal? Give me a break!

Well, the funny thing is they were both breaking the law if they were going 20 over the speed limit.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Fancy wrote:
Loki2u wrote:Would it have been so bad for the maker of this video to politely pull up beside them at the stop light, rolled down the window and informed them their lights were covered?

Well, the funny thing is they were both breaking the law if they were going 20 over the speed limit.

+30 once they were half way past Burtch towards Gordon and if they were doing 80 along there

Return to “Central Okanagan”