Worlds biggest grow op

djbarnes

Worlds biggest grow op

Post by djbarnes »

Here we go, marijuana is more important than vegetables, lets import more veggies from Mexico so we can sell more drugs. Something wrong here, Justin give your head a shake and get on track for the good of the country, not for more votes to get reelected.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/219192 ... st-grow-op
Last edited by ferri on Feb 19th, 2018, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to article added
Nedroj
Übergod

Re: Worlds biggest grow op

Post by Nedroj »

What’s wrong with this? In a capitalist society People create businesses to make money and wealth. Vegetables are cheap and don’t pull much profit when competing with imports from the USA and Mexico. Marijuana is very profitable so why not switch over to it? How many apple orchards have cut their trees down and replace them with vines for wine production? I don’t see you complaining about the 100+ wineries that have opened up in the okanagan valley just in the last 15 +/-years. These people are just being good businessmen/women and adapting to a changing market.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Re: Worlds biggest grow op

Post by TylerM4 »

djbarnes wrote:Here we go, marijuana is more important than vegetables, lets import more veggies from Mexico so we can sell more drugs. Something wrong here, Justin give your head a shake and get on track for the good of the country, not for more votes to get reelected.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/219192 ... st-grow-op

Your obvious dislike for legalization is clear.

Here's the facts:
- It's cheaper to grow veggies in places like Mexico even with the cost of shipping. They've got better weather for it, cheaper labor, cheaper land, and less stringent rules (less cost to operate). This is not the fault of legalization.
- Every plant in this greenhouse is a plant not in your rental house, your neighbors house, or in the hands of organized crime. I'd much rather have the stuff grown by licensed legitimate business owners in those greenhouses than in my neighborhood with criminals profitting.

Return to “B.C.”