2018 Winter Olympics

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
Snman
Übergod

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Post by Snman »

GordonH wrote:
Snman wrote:The Homan rink appears divided and scared, imho. I think they're done. Too bad, cuz they really are a better rink than we've seen at the Olympics.

We have medal in every Olympics since Women were added as an event.
1998 was the first, so 2 Gold (1998 & 2014),1 silver (2010) & 2 bronze (2002, 2006)

Added: men have medal in every Olympics since curling was reintroduce (1998), they have won gold in last 3.

They could become the first Canadian rink ever to not make the semis at the Olympics. I feel bad for them, I know this is not what they imagined. Still, miracles can happen....they might need a few though.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ have a question, since I don't follow curling.
Prior to Olympics do you know last competition Homan's rink played in.

Reason I asked is coming in to cold, can be as bad as over competing.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This is unreal. Team GBR. Is keeping pace with our girls.

Gord. I think Homans rink was team Canada at the Scotties.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Of course all the followers of figure skating hope that Virtue and Moir turn out to be involved in romance with each other. They were questioned about this by the media. But they aren't........ do the math.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

GordonH wrote:^^^ have a question, since I don't follow curling.

They are the reigning world champions. However, tonight's loss to Muirhead from Great Britain (coached by the great Glenn Howard from Canada) has ended their Olympic dream. The spotlight of the Olympics can be unnerving.

ETA I believe her last bonspiel was Roar of the Rings, where she defeated Jennifer Jones to represent Canada at the Olympics.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:^^^ have a question, since I don't follow curling.

Snman wrote:They are the reigning world champions. However, tonight's loss to Muirhead from Great Britain (coached by the great Glenn Howard from Canada) has ended their Olympic dream. The spotlight of the Olympics can be unnerving.

ETA I believe her last bonspiel was Roar of the Rings, where she defeated Jennifer Jones to represent Canada at the Olympics.

Nearly 2 months without some type of competition, just maybe her & the team could have benefited playing at the Scotties. Not necessarily to win, just to keep their game up & stay warm. As example: golfers will play minor tournaments to stay warm/hot for Major tournaments/the Masters.

Added: no team wants to be first not to medal.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Homans gone.............BOO HOO HOO! Played horribly in the first 3 games and even the games she won she was lucky. This team did not deserve to be at the Olympics. Then she is interviewed after todays eliminating loss and yes Colleen Jones was somewhat "blunt" in her interview but Homans response was "we are (were) the best from Canada"...........NO YOU WERE NOT! You were the worst part of YOUR team for strategy and your own shooting ability. Leader you are not........drop the "skip" part and take up with another rink as lead or second or retire.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

North Korean Skater Falls, Trips His Japanese Counterpart (VIDEO)
https://sputniknews.com/olympics-2018/2 ... mpic-trip/
Bring back the LIKE button.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Homans gone.............BOO HOO HOO! Played horribly in the first 3 games and even the games she won she was lucky. This team did not deserve to be at the Olympics. Then she is interviewed after todays eliminating loss and yes Colleen Jones was somewhat "blunt" in her interview but Homans response was "we are (were) the best from Canada"...........NO YOU WERE NOT! You were the worst part of YOUR team for strategy and your own shooting ability. Leader you are not........drop the "skip" part and take up with another rink as lead or second or retire.

Team Homan earn the right for being at 2018 Olympics by winning the Olympic qualifier, Tim Hortons Roar of the Rings in December of 2017. Add to this Team Homan was also 2017 World Champions.

So they were not on their game in South Korea, it happens to best of them.
As example: (different sport) US women hockey beats Canada fairly regularly at World Championships. So far since Salt Lake they haven't beaten Canada for Gold at the Olympics (2002, 2006, 2010 & 2014). Later today we will find out if that changes, as a Canadian I hope not.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Was a great entertaining game!Too bad it had to end in a shootout and with Canada losing. Hopefully the men can win the Gold.
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Canada mens curling team not going for gold, due to loss today they will be playing for bronze.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Our local gal Serwa and Canadian team mate Phelin finish 1 and 2 in ski cross to take Gold and Silver!! Congratulations ladies, very well done.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

If you don't feel bad for Gabby Daleman after tonight's free skate then you haven't got a heart. Sorry Gabby, keep your chin up young lady.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Congratulations to Kaetlyn Osmond on her bronze medal performance. Beautifully done Kaetlyn!!!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Yay Serwa well done. :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :130:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”