Mass shootings staged to sell guns

Conspiracy theories and weird science discussions.
Omnitheo
Guru

Mass shootings staged to sell guns

Post by Omnitheo »

Every time there is a mass shooting in the US gun sales skyrocket. Now we have talk about arming teachers in schools.

There are roughly 100k public schools in the US. and roughly 3 million teachers. Instead of funding schools to provide school supplies, additional funding could be given to afford guns (unless they are expected to pay out of pocket like they are for school supplies)

a 9MM pistol beats a rifle or a shotgun in terms of costs. The average price of a reliable rifle is around $600 to $1,000

if only 1 teacher at every school buys a gun, that is 1M in additional revenue for Gun industry. If all teachers were required to purchase guns, that could be up to 3 billion dollars for the gun industry.

Follow the money sheeple. See what is really happening. How much money is in it for the NRA, the republicans, and the lizards in staging mass shootings (over 300 per year!, with some especially high profile ones this year to spend all day news coverage on).
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Re: Mass shootings staged to sell guns

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

I can delete this post if it's not the direction you want to take the topic but I want to hear from the conspiracy theorists exactly how they think mass shootings are staged. Like, please list the necessary steps that are taken in order to stage such an event + keep it under wraps. How are the people hired? Does the government have like thousands of people on payroll to stage these things? Do doctors get paid to lie about wounds? I mean, there are endless questions. If someone involved asks why a shooting is being staged is the person killed?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Omnitheo, I follow your logic completely.

I do take issue with the word "staged" and would suggest instead, "allowed to happen."

I was watching Trump's speech today and thought the same type of thing: if ex-marines, police, military, and what have you are given guns, even 20 percent, the sales are incredible.

Trump did say, he doesn't need ordinary teachers getting guns, just those accustomed to using them. Lots of sales!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

No I don't in the slightest believe them to be staged. The post was an attempt to meet the conspiracy theorists at their level in the hopes they would read it and think about it. But yes, "allowed it to happen" is far more accurate.

It seems that events like this always lead to more guns rather than fewer. There's more money in it for everyone to allow this sort of thing to continue, than there is in fighting the uphill battle and well funded pro-gun propaganda to attempt to change the laws.

It's a vicious cycle, we need more guns to protect ourselves from guns. Which lead to there being more guns we now need to protect from even more...with more guns!

Basically just one big scam.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I keep thinking about the role of the tips to the FBI, how the FBI appears to have not done anything to stop the shooter.

But wait. What was the FBI supposed to do? Confiscate the kids guns?

Cruz bought them legally did he not?
Weapons of mass human destruction are sold daily.
Trump rescinded the bill Obama put in place to keep weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill, right? We all saw that happen.

So I've been thinking, "what exactly is the FBI supposed to DO?" Interview the man? Confisgate his guns? Someone tell me what was to be done before a crime was actually committed?

So now the talking point is how the FBI is incompetent.

And what has Trump being doing this whole time? Attacking the FBI and well before this incidence.

I am wondering what role this is playing to discredit and harm the reputation of the FBI.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

The FBI can only respect the law, which makes it legal for an mentally ill18 year old to buy an assault rifle.
Last edited by GenesisGT on Feb 23rd, 2018, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Right.

And the idea that the FBI "ignored" warnings is a bit of non sequiter, is it not?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

GenesisGT wrote:The FBI can only respect the law, which makes it legal for an mentally ill18 year old to buy an assault rifle.

Here's a snippet from an article I just published elsewhere and it is exactly in line with what we are getting at: how much unlimited power does the FBI have in the first place?

The questions come as the FBI is already under intense scrutiny and facing unprecedented attack from President Donald Trump and some congressional Republicans, who have seized on what they say are signs of anti-Trump bias, particularly as it relates to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe.

But it’s not clear the agency dropped the ball in this case, Hosko said.

“With anything that the FBI receives they are constrained to act based on what they have in front of them,” said Hosko. “You have a random internet posting that suggests the person wants to do something, not that they are planning on doing something.”

FBI guidelines meant to balance national security with civil liberties protections impose restrictions on the steps agents may take during the assessment phase.

Agents, for instance, may analyze information from government databases and open-source internet searches, and can conduct interviews during an assessment. But they cannot turn to more intrusive techniques, such as requesting a wiretap or internet communications, without higher levels of approval and a more solid basis to suspect a crime.
“It’s a tricky situation because sometimes you get information regarding individuals and they may be just showing off, blustering,” said Herbert Cousins Jr., a retired FBI special agent in charge.

A vague, uncorroborated threat alone may not be enough to proceed to the next level of investigation, according to Jeffrey Ringel, a former FBI agent and Joint Terrorism Task force supervisor who now works for the Soufan Group, a private security firm.

Many assessments are closed within days or weeks when the FBI concludes there’s no criminal or national security threat, or basis for continued scrutiny. The system is meant to ensure that a person who has not broken the law does not remain under perpetual scrutiny on a mere hunch —- and that the FBI can reserve its scarce resources for true threats.

Had he had pledged his allegiance to the Islamic state, for example, investigators might have had enough evidence to proceed with a more intrusive probe.

Tips like the one that came in about the Florida gunman are among countless complaints that come into the FBI daily with varying degrees of specificity.

“How many of these do you expect the FBI to handle before it becomes the Federal Bureau of Complaints,” said Hosko. “They could spend their entire workforce tracking down internet exchanges that never going to go anywhere.”

___
Associated Press writer Eric Tucker in Washington contributed to this report.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Several gun company stocks were up Friday afternoon. NRA is getting a bit of backlash from " sponsors" but that will be short lived.
idk, gun costs vs what insurance companies have to pay out. I watched Trump's speech too, scary. Be helpful if more people understood gun control doesn't mean gun ban
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

His speech was frightening.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Staged to strip people of guns maybe. Can not blame people for arming themselves in the wake of government failure to protect children. 39 times the sherriff went to Nick Cruz home to deal with him and his brother. The school had been warned. The fbi had been warned. Twice about Cruz specifically regarding him shooting up that school .
Now u tell me are these the people you wanna hand your guns to.

So to stage this event. You do exactly what we have seen time and again .

Announce a drill training for an event .
To keep people from being suspicious .

Multiple shooters. Real casualties. Mixed with crisis actors for the cameras.

Need a crooked sherrif like they have in florida there .
Guy knocked up a 17 year old and made her abort it. He was married after all .

4 sherriffs deputies waited outside while the killing took place.

Anyhow. Then you need someone to blame. Well of course its the NRA fault .. ya cuz the NRA teaching gun safety that kills people ... unreal .

So now roll out the astro turf the crocodile tears. Have some coached kids cry on cnn. Prevent anyone from asking any real questions .

Have a bunch of loser democrats cry on tv.

Yep its a hollywood tragedy folks
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

You don't honestly believe that Jflem? ^^ coached kids to cry on tv? anyone saying this is a real incident is a loser?

ONLY Republicans say this is staged, don't fall for it.
ONLY Democrat say it's real and want to disarm Americans completely?

Both are incorrect statements.

And you should see what my American friends are posting, even gun owners, "enough with the conspiracy crap."
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

normaM wrote: Be helpful if more people understood gun control doesn't mean gun ban

They don't want people to understand the difference. The right wants their supporters to think that Big Brother is coming for all of your guns.
Sadly, not too many Republican voters can see through that though.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Looks like the pulse night club shooters father was a snitch for the FBI. Amazing how all these guys are always government agents or connected to government agents.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

RupertBear wrote:
normaM wrote: Be helpful if more people understood gun control doesn't mean gun ban

They don't want people to understand the difference. The right wants their supporters to think that Big Brother is coming for all of your guns.
Sadly, not too many Republican voters can see through that though.

Remember when the government required licenses to drive vehicles and then came to take away everyone’s cars?

Me neither.

Return to “Conspiracies and Weird Science”