Foreign SOEs taking over Cdn companies

Cactusflower
Banned

Foreign SOEs taking over Cdn companies

Post by Cactusflower »

http://cfjctoday.com/article/610535/kam ... government
I thought I should start a new topic, since this problem is not simply tied to the construction up in the Peace Valley.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Foreign SOEs taking over Cdn companies

Post by The Green Barbarian »

what problem?

I have a problem with foreign SOE's making wind turbines and solar panels, which are being bought and paid for with our taxpayer dollars. I think there should be a moratorium on all wind turbine and solar panel production, preferably indefinitely. Let the foreign SOE's build that crap for the Euro-trash who want to waste their taxpayer dollars. Leave our dollars at home, building pipelines and hydro-electric projects instead.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I will respond only to people who have actually read the link I posted.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Cactusflower wrote:I will respond only to people who have actually read the link I posted.

I guess then that, should cut the traffic to 10%.
Bring back the LIKE button.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:I will respond only to people who have actually read the link I posted.

I read the link - it's about the Chinese government taking over some retirement homes. I just don't understand how you can be so upset about that, yet stay silent about Chinese SOE's producing useless wind turbines and stupid solar panels. Why doesn't this bother you? Why aren't you calling for a complete ban on them?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Correct if I am wrong, but didn't the SOE take control of a Chinese company that owns a business in Canada.

I don't see anything about the Chinese government taking over a Canadian owned company.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

GenesisGT wrote:Correct if I am wrong, but didn't the SOE take control of a Chinese company that owns a business in Canada.

I don't see anything about the Chinese government taking over a Canadian owned company.

Well then, you misread the article. Not only that, but you fail to understand the difference between foreign investment and foreign GOVERNMENTS taking over Canadian companies.
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

What Canadian company got taken over by the Chinese government, all I can see is the Chinese government took over a Chinese company called Anbang Insurance, which has holdings in Canada.
You can see the past but cannot go there, you cannot see the future but you can go there.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

"Economic crimes." Interesting.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

GenesisGT wrote:What Canadian company got taken over by the Chinese government, all I can see is the Chinese government took over a Chinese company called Anbang Insurance, which has holdings in Canada.

Read it again.......carefully, this time.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Cactusflower wrote:
GenesisGT wrote:What Canadian company got taken over by the Chinese government, all I can see is the Chinese government took over a Chinese company called Anbang Insurance, which has holdings in Canada.

Read it again.......carefully, this time.

Hmmm, was it a seniors facility?
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
GenesisGT
Guru

Post by GenesisGT »

Snman wrote:
Hmmm, was it a seniors facility?

They may have got seniors facilities, but it was not owned by a Canadian company, when they got it.

From the Financial Post

CALGARY – The Chinese government has seized control of Anbang Insurance Group, which is the largest owner of retirement homes in British Columbia, following an investigation of the insurer’s former chairman.

Anbang Insurance Group owns the retirement homes, not any Canadian company. The Chinese government did not take control of any Canadian company.
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

^^^ fair enough ^^^
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

CF you do realize that Anbang Insurance Group which owns the retirement homes is a Chinese company don't you. You did read your own reference didn't you. All the Chinese Government did was take over a Chinese company.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

Smurf wrote:CF you do realize that Anbang Insurance Group which owns the retirement homes is a Chinese company don't you. You did read your own reference didn't you. All the Chinese Government did was take over a Chinese company.

Never mind, boys. You're never going to get the point, so just fuggedaboudit.

Return to “B.C.”