Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Jflem1983
Guru

Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Post by Jflem1983 »

Stupid woman causing trouble for some poor guy.

People like this woman try my patience. She should be made to help rip off the goose heads . Just a stupid woman making a fuss.

Here is the castanet write up.

West Kelowna woman says she was “extremely traumatized” after witnessing the gruesome culling of several Canadian Geese in the Gellatly Road area earlier this month. And it appears the shooting may have been perfectly legal.

Dianne Bertucci was walking her dog on Gellatly Road near The Cove Lakeside Resort in the afternoon of Feb. 15 when she saw a man pull over to the east side of the road, pull out a rifle and shoot several Canadian Geese that were sitting in an empty field.

Bertucci says the man then pulled the geese's heads off, leaving them scattered around the field.

“There are hundreds of people that walk along that sidewalk and there he is, standing right there with his rifle shooting geese and pulling their heads off and he's got blood all over his hands and blood all over his clothes,” Bertucci said.

Shaken up by the gruesome scene, she confronted the man. He told her he had been hired by the property owner and he had a permit. He said leaving the heads behind wards off other geese who might be planning on stopping by the field.

More here:
https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... ecapitated
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Post by normaM »

I'd be freaked too... there are many ways to ward off geese without ripping off their heads and tossing them as a warning. Heck it is The Godfather.
coyote decoys, coyote urine, etc.
Sounds like Buddy enjoyed his job a little too much. Neighbour hung a dead crow in their yard to scare off other crows. Nope, crows kept coming and they just had a stinky dead thing hanging off their clothesline
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

I wish this guy could go to every city park and beach in the Okanagan and do his deed. I’m personally sick of walking everywhere in town even in the winter and seeing goose poop everywhere on sidewalks. :D
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

There's a time and a place for everything. Guns being shot in the middle of the day @ a well known walking place. I'd say stupid man. Moron's they're everywhere.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

why ? he didn't do anything wrong they have the appropriate permit
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Triple 6 wrote:There's a time and a place for everything. Guns being shot in the middle of the day @ a well known walking place. I'd say stupid man. Moron's they're everywhere.

So when do you suggest he do it, Under the cover of darkness?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

The part that bothered me. Firstly she should have just left the guy alone. Second after she was told he was in the rite she could have left it at that. Third. When the RCMP told her everything was fine she could have dropped it there. Yet she still felt the need to go to the media. Well i think she is in the wrong. Im A ok with pest control. Got two or more coyotes in my yard id love to deal with. Ill be asking about permits
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Whyme2 wrote:
Triple 6 wrote:There's a time and a place for everything. Guns being shot in the middle of the day @ a well known walking place. I'd say stupid man. Moron's they're everywhere.

So when do you suggest he do it, Under the cover of darkness?

I bet the permit says it has to be done during daytime in good light. Wouldnt want to miss

mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

Just because it's legal, doesn't make it right. There are times that would be better suited toward this type of activity. At the very least, he should have some sort of sign on or close to his vehicle stating what he is doing so that those who don't feel the need to see animals being killed and then desecrated can make alternate plans.

What a moron.

*removed*

Judge a nation by how it treats its animals. Well pal, we know where you stand.
Last edited by ferri on Feb 25th, 2018, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no one makes you watch and would spring or summer be better when theres way more people walking around nothing was done wrong nothing illegal
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

Residential and agricultural side by side, often lead to a poor mix..
Last edited by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown on Feb 25th, 2018, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

A well trained dog would chase the geese away very handily.

Geese mate for life and if you kill one of a pair well just think how the other feels.

Egg addling is a much more humane way to control the population.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I'm surprised the cops didn't show and beat the *bleep* out of him to
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Bsuds wrote:A well trained dog would chase the geese away very handily.

Geese mate for life and if you kill one of a pair well just think how the other feels.

and they come back the next day
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bsuds wrote:A well trained dog would chase the geese away very handily.

LTD wrote:and they come back the next day

So do the ones who weren't shot.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!

Return to “Central Okanagan”