Kelowna City Council and Transparency

lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Kelowna City Council and Transparency

Post by lesliepaul »

What I have noticed over the years is the complete lack of transparency by Kelowna City Council. With every group that gets elected it gets worse...........and this bunch has taken the cake.

I have been watching newscasts from across Canada religiously and in every single city a mayor or councilor in the affected area SPEAKS UP about most issues that affect their constituents...........not in Kelowna. During last years flooding we have Basran TELLING us that Kelowna was "open for business" and to "spend money"..........thanks for that tidbit.......nobody else had any time to make an intelligent comment.

Out of our city councilors you hear close to nothing. Its almost as if when they get elected they are instructed to keep their yaps shut........no media interaction at all or at the best the bare minimum. I can honestly say that 5 of the present city council should have the decency to call it a day........this mayor.........go back to not selling real estate.

What has Maxine DeHart EVER done besides have her picture taken more than anyone else. Good for her and her charity drive but I have to believe it is more important to have a picture in the paper. She no doubt has a group of friends that think she walks on water but they are obviously as dumb as her. Her mark is without a doubt an F minus.

Gail Given........simply put and as everyone knows, the "sympathy vote". Just because her husband was on council does not qualify her IN ANY WAY to be there. Again, some friends thinks she's a Rhodes Scholar. Oh, and according to someone on current council, it was explained to me that he was a BULLY when he was there........no surprise. F minus

Tracy Grey..........most importantly for her is to have that ADDED credential behind her name to go with the rest of her so-called accomplishments..........Kelowna City Councilor. During the last election she sure hyped herself and at the end even remembered her family and dog. Please go away. Mark F

Luke Stack.........how long can you sit at the back and keep to yourself? Mark D

Brad Sieben..........WHO? Mark F

Mohini Singh.........your OK for the most part and you have spoken publically. Mark C, maybe a B minus

Ryan Donn..........maybe........will never forgive you for hanging off of that Festival Kelowna's tyrant Renata Mills. Oh, and by the way she's a friend to Givens also. Mark C with a chance for a possible B

Charlie Hodge.........now if we could have 5 of him but "fine-tuned". Your a C all day long and thanks for going against the grain.

Colon Basran (spelling IS correct)...........JUST GO AWAY and find an occupation that you don't suck at. Maybe one of your backers is stupid enough to offer you a job. Nah........they can't be that stupid. Mark, has to be a U (useless).

You add in the backroom dealings that are going on with SOME of the developers and "their best interests" and you have to wonder why the lack of transparency or why things are being approved before the Kelowna tax payers are even aware of them. Tourist Center and the current Westcorp continuous run of changes that are being approved faster than Westcorp can ask for them.

This council STINKS with corruption more than ever and not a smart one in the bunch..........puppets........YES!
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Kelowna City Council and Transparency

Post by WalterWhite »

febbie-downer-9 (1).gif
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

well said. I for one, can not wait for the next election
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

vinnied wrote:well said. I for one, can not wait for the next election

It's coming, Saturday, October 20, 2018
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

So we can expect to see the name lesliepaul on the ballot at the municipal elections this fall?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

I saw our illustrious mayor today. He was getting lunch and usually when you see him out and about he is generally pretty outgoing. Today however he wouldn't look anyone in the eye. Does he know how badly he screwed up voting against the experts recommendations for the Westcorp deal? I think he does. And in an election year no less. Nice move mayor. The election can't come to soon. Hopefully we will get qualified people to run Kelowna. Has anyone heard any rumblings as to who is running for the mayors chair, or council?
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

lesliepaul wrote:Ryan Donn..........maybe........will never forgive you for hanging off of that Festival Kelowna's tyrant Renata Mills. Oh, and by the way she's a friend to Givens also. Mark C with a chance for a possible B

Hanging off of? He worked for Festivals Kelowna. She was his boss. He did a lot to help that organization up it's game. Renata is not well liked in Kelowna, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And I predict you will be extremely disappointed with the results of the upcoming election.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Frisk for mayor 2018
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

Ryan and Charlie are all that stops the pendulum from swinging all the way to the right.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I will add.......if you feel that this current mayor and council are wonderful, please explain your reasons. We are all entitled to express ourselves and if you feel so strongly in their defense, we are all waiting to be put on the right track by your observations.

I still feel that Walter Grey plays a big part in these back room developer dealings and fact is BASRAN spent a lot of time during his one-term council position sucking up to Grey and no doubt trying to assure him he is the one to replace him. Basran was a year into his councilor term and was already making overtures about running for mayor.

I am not against development but what is happening in Kelowna are developers are asking (telling) city council for changes against a Kelowna development plan. Some of these changes are MAJOR, not just adding an extra floor.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

lesliepaul, you complain that there's no transparency with the current Mayor/Council, yet you seem to know a great deal about what they're thinking and doing, even behind closed doors. You must attend a lot of Council meetings.

Did you know Tracy Gray attended every single Council meeting for two years before she ran for Council? While you may not like her track record as a Councillor, it seems to me she did her homework and takes this seriously.

I'm mostly okay with the current Mayor and Council. There's definitely nothing about them that would make me resort to name calling and insults like you have. There's lots they have done that makes people unhappy, and I understand that. Many of those things simply aren't issues for me, so I don't feel the same way.

I do know that before I attacked those who are leading our city, I'd make sure I'm doing my own bit to make things better in my community. I assume the same is true for you.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

Kelowna got its just desserts. I lost my mind during the last election when it looked like Basran was going to win. When it was official I threw up in my mouth and had to move away to get the bad taste out. I knew Basran for many years and knew he was nothing more than a puppet for Melcor and the other developers and you can bet and win there were many back room conversations long before. Beginning when they bought him his council seat. So, you all voted for him, allowed the process to be bought and paid for, and put nothing more than a puppet on a string, along with a handful of councilors who are the same in office to ruin (run) your city. Basran had to get these deals done if he has any hope the backers will finance him again.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Transparency and politicians are like water & oil, they don't mix. Transparent politician does not exist anywhere.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

GordonH wrote:Transparency and politicians are like water & oil, they don't mix. Transparent politician does not exist anywhere.

100% correct and until that politician or political group negatively impacts your pocket book you will have responses like the op above "I'm mostly okay with the current (fill in the blank).
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

GordonH wrote:Transparency and politicians are like water & oil, they don't mix. Transparent politician does not exist anywhere.

You are correct there.

Short of the goings on in Montreal and politicians connected to the criminal world, larger cities are able to pull off so-called underhanded deals easier (simply because of more issues that deflect attention away). What we have here is a SMALL city that is being dictated to by a handful of developers or in other words "special interest groups". At election time it is no secret who these people are and who THEY support and throw campaign money at. This is not done because their "slush funds" are overflowing, it is done to ensure when they approach the city with plans that they are going to be remembered as to who helped to a large degree to get them onto city council. We all know who they are on council.........repeatedly.

I lived in another larger city before coming back to Kelowna and believe me, I am amazed at how council has degraded here and the ARROGANCE of these elected puppets...........they are for the most part insulting to the Kelowna tax payers and to the people WORKING at city hall in positions who are really a lot smarter than ANYONE on council..........excluding Ron Mattiussi of course who is too busy counting out $265,000.00 yearly and nodding in agreement to everything.

Return to “Central Okanagan”