Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Post by Bsuds »

I still think the best most humane way is with a dog or dogs.

"• Call on a dog. Border collies are known to be especially effective in Canada geese control, not because they want to eat them, but because they quietly circle them and herd them off of the land. Geese aren't fans of the herding methods, and are less likely to return after being shooed away by a collie several times."

https://www.rodalesorganiclife.com/well ... se-control
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Dirtbikes, preferably 2 stroke !

Never really witnessed any bird action at race tracks.

Tracks can be intigrated into any ground crop area.

There, fixed, your welcome.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

I walk down that way all the time with my broder collie angel she would love to get them on the move we would glady do it,but was told it was harasment and illegal. Have you ever tried eating a canada goose.so tought couldn,t chew it, guy told me put in pot with rock boil for 12hrs eat rock throw away goose.
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Jhunter199 wrote:We use to have issue's I remember when I was growing up with the raven's flying into the turkey and chicken pens. They would eat their food and if there were chicks they would attack and kill them. Once a week we would shoot a couple of the Ravens and hang them over the pens and that instantly solved the problem. Scarecrows never worked as the birds are pretty smart, smart enough to realize that one of their unkindness was killed for going in there.

Wow, classy. Killing an intelligent animal for eating chicken feed.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Here are the rules as per Environment Canada surrounding goose control. Doesn't matter what any of us think or feel, this shows the available options and what can or can not be done to control or kill them.

https://www.ec.gc.ca/mbc-com/6D2B893B-C ... 5B1%5D.pdf

7.2.3 LETHAL REMOVAL OF GEESE Environment Canada will consider kill permit requests from property owners or managers; however, applicants wishing to obtain a kill permit must demonstrate that all other reasonable management options have been attempted and that the problem persists. The applicant may be required to submit a comprehensive goose management plan indicating what the target population is (number of geese) and how the population will be managed after the kill. In some situations, public consultations may be required, to ensure that there is adequate public support for the proposed plan. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make necessary arrangements for the humane destruction of the geese and their disposal. There will be a requirement of permit holders to report on their control activities; non-compliance may result in future permit applications being refused. A more detailed description of Best Practices for Lethal Removal of Canada Geese may be obtained upon request and will be provided automatically with an approves permit from Enviroment Canada.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

techrtr wrote:
Jhunter199 wrote:We use to have issue's I remember when I was growing up with the raven's flying into the turkey and chicken pens. They would eat their food and if there were chicks they would attack and kill them. Once a week we would shoot a couple of the Ravens and hang them over the pens and that instantly solved the problem. Scarecrows never worked as the birds are pretty smart, smart enough to realize that one of their unkindness was killed for going in there.

yes almost as classy as condemning people and calling them rednecks for defending their lively hood in this ticky tacky redneck town :up:
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:-X Stay on topic. If you want to fight take it to Bickering.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

techrtr wrote:

Not just eat some feed, but kill other animals at the same time... you seem to have conveniently missed that part in the earlier post?

Have you ever seen a crow or raven attack another bird's young? They start by pushing them out of their nests, and if the fall doesn't kill them they will continue by pecking out their eyes so the fledglings can't see anymore. Yes, they're "intelligent" enough to know that once they peck out the eyes the other birds can't see anymore and that makes it impossible to escape. I've seen a murder of crows go after some robin fledglings, not pretty to watch, but that's how nature rolls...

Coyotes are intelligent too .. intelligent enough to know your little pet cat or dog can make an easy meal if the opportunity arises.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

techrtr wrote:

LTD wrote:yes almost as classy as condemning people and calling them rednecks for defending their lively hood in this ticky tacky redneck town :up:

Lol - *ZING*
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Lol - *ZING*

I know , RIGHT ?

our "society" will have so much compassion for animals that humans will run out of food ...

Then , these asshats will blame themselves for their own starvation .,.

Sad really ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Not just eat some feed, but kill other animals at the same time... you seem to have conveniently missed that part in the earlier post?

Have you ever seen a crow or raven attack another bird's young? They start by pushing them out of their nests, and if the fall doesn't kill them they will continue by pecking out their eyes so the fledglings can't see anymore. Yes, they're "intelligent" enough to know that once they peck out the eyes the other birds can't see anymore and that makes it impossible to escape. I've seen a murder of crows go after some robin fledglings, not pretty to watch, but that's how nature rolls...

Coyotes are intelligent too .. intelligent enough to know your little pet cat or dog can make an easy meal if the opportunity arises.[/quote]

Killer whales can be real 8@$+@rd$ too - maybe we should exterminate them along with dolphins and wolves.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

techrtr wrote:Killer whales can be real 8@$+@rd$ too - maybe we should exterminate them along with dolphins and wolves.

Lol - yea, those pesky Orca's have been a pain to farmer's livelihood for decades. (and no, don't reply with "what about fish farms?")
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

techrtr wrote:

more because they were killing the chicks and not allowing our livestock to feed,
but hey enjoy your pen raised poultry that never gets to see the light of day.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

It's that time of year again for the Diana Bertucci rant...

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#239257
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Only this time she wasn't there. She knows why it's being done yet says this:

If you want to kill, she says at least go somewhere where people can't see you doing it.

Doesn't make sense.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”