Panhandling Kelowna

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Panhandling Kelowna

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Kelowna`s panhandling problem was never solved, the city spent $1000`s of dollars to make signs saying ``Panhandling is unlawful and unsafe`` yet they do not enforce the bylaw. There is a young man I see every day running up and down the highway by Gordon and Harvey, I am sorry but if you can stand on a median for over 5 hours you can get a job. Lazy bums.
Veovis
Guru

Re: Panhandling Kelowna

Post by Veovis »

I've seen people removed from medians, their markers and cardboard confiscated.

I'd like to see it a lot more however, but I have seen it.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Some of them in front of stores with their dogs, and smoking cigarettes at 27 cents a pop . No sympathy here. Get a job!
Divor
Fledgling

Post by Divor »

try close to .50 cents a pop.
Divor
Fledgling

Post by Divor »

went to pick up a case of beer today and had a homeless in front of me buying s bottle of vodka with all the change everyone gave him.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I went from fighting the other two at Cooper and Harvey for prime day time to go fund me.
Much easier, more lucrative, and I can lay at home whilst I make money.
Mama needs a new Bentley.
Please give with your hearts.
Bless you.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Tired of bums! I understand many homeless have mental health issues, but in all honesty those young guys out there have no business asking for money. I`ve lived in Kelowna long enough to know the regulars which means they no longer ask me for money as I`ve already given them a few words. Old guy who stands by Costco exit loves his vodka, he used to stand by walmart exit also, he drives a van to his locations.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:Tired of bums! I understand many homeless have mental health issues, but in all honesty those young guys out there have no business asking for money. I`ve lived in Kelowna long enough to know the regulars which means they no longer ask me for money as I`ve already given them a few words. Old guy who stands by Costco exit loves his vodka, he used to stand by walmart exit also, he drives a van to his locations.

Lol. I gave that guy 5 bucks once.
The second I gave him money I realized he was half glued.
Next day he was there again.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

There was one the other day at Dilworth and Harvey had nicer boots and a jacket than I can afford. They're not all homeless, just lazy.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those who panhandle are not allowed to stay in the homeless shelters. Typically those who are out there panhandling everyday usually have somewhere else to live.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Just Google "homeless panhandler has car" and look at the many examples of this often being a rather lucrative form of employment. I seem to recall a story a couple of years ago about there being a group that all "worked" together frequenting the Harvey Ave. intersections. I enjoy simply replying when confronted with - "aw man, I was actually hoping you could spot me a couple of bucks".
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Anyone meet the old fake german guy whos been trying to get back to germany for about ten years now. Hes tried to hit me up a few times. Only got me the once. Was mighty *bleep* when i called him on it the second time
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

I did panhandle once in the 1970 averaged 40.00 an hr gave money away,right location,look,and story use puppie or child should be able to make big money.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

No but I wonder what happened to the guy used to hang with his buddies on Enterprise drinking coffee all day.
Seems like some places are moving them along - the woman gone from Save On in the Mission.
I'm weaning myself from giving money and now offer to get them a coffee or something to eat instead.
Lots on Bernard, I don't get asked if I walk down Leon.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”