Kelowna City Council and Transparency

casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Kelowna City Council and Transparency

Post by casey60 »

Transparencies? Westcorp? Visitors Centre? $800.000 Bathrooms? What else?
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

One of the above is partly tranparent. ,.....the Pissoir Mahal.....
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

Well, I see the Mayors' true attitude has become apparent. In a news article this morning, his response to the BC governments "speculators Tax" was, "I'm going to consult with the "business community". Hey Mr. Mayor, why not consult with the "community as a whole" as I'm sure with do have a little intelligence, eh. Not only that, I'm sure the business community isn't having a problem buying a home or renting a place to live. Believe me I've met quite a few of business people in this town and they aren't the brightest bunch. This is so typical, but remember what that gal said, "If they can't eat bread, eat cake." look what happened to her.
bob vernon
Lord of the Board

Post by bob vernon »

Transparency? We can see perfectly well. The mayor is working for the developers. This is the Okanagan and municipal politics is driven by developers getting their people elected and getting the zoning for their land. And having the population at large pay for roads, water service, and sewer lines to their properties. It helps generate huge profits. Of course he's against any kind of tax on disrupting the flow of money into their pockets.
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

bob vernon wrote:Transparency? We can see perfectly well. The mayor is working for the developers. This is the Okanagan and municipal politics is driven by developers getting their people elected and getting the zoning for their land. And having the population at large pay for roads, water service, and sewer lines to their properties. It helps generate huge profits. Of course he's against any kind of tax on disrupting the flow of money into their pockets.

Regrettably this is the argument made last election and yet the people of Kelowna still put him in power. It was so obvious what was happening by who his supporters and backer are. And though it could never be proven I say there are back room deals and money changing hands to ensure this political agenda continues. Kelowna was once a great place.

Return to “Central Okanagan”