Another Senior Drives Into Kelowna Building

Home of the traffic rant.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Re: Another Senior Drives Into Kelowna Building

Post by dodgerdodge »

gman313 wrote:And the MVA Hit and Run today was a confused 80 year old

Interested to see what happens but knowing Castanet we will not get an update. If this guy were younger they would no doubt charge him with various offences but will a confused 80 year old get a slap on the wrist and have to get a doctors note before driving again?
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

gman313 wrote:And the MVA Hit and Run today was a confused 80 year old

Where did you learn that he was confused? That was not reported on Castanet, or Kelowna Now, or Capital News, or Daily Courier.
spooker

Post by spooker »

lensbaby wrote:
Where did you learn that he was confused? That was not reported on Castanet, or Kelowna Now, or Capital News, or Daily Courier.

He was having a "medical episode" according to the reports ... what that exactly means is anyone's guess ... but to leave the scene of a serious accident you either have to be a real :cuss: or confused ...
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

spooker wrote:He was having a "medical episode" according to the reports ... what that exactly means is anyone's guess ....

His depends were full.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

lensbaby wrote:Where did you learn that he was confused? That was not reported on Castanet, or Kelowna Now, or Capital News, or Daily Courier.

if you leave the scene of an accident you are guilty of a hit and run and leaving the scene of an accident. Or you are seriously confused and shouldn't be driving. Being that he was 80, let's go with the balance of probabilities
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

gman313 wrote:
lensbaby wrote:Where did you learn that he was confused? That was not reported on Castanet, or Kelowna Now, or Capital News, or Daily Courier.

if you leave the scene of an accident you are guilty of a hit and run and leaving the scene of an accident. Or you are seriously confused and shouldn't be driving. Being that he was 80, let's go with the balance of probabilities

The media actually reported that he suffered a medical issue. There is a big difference between saying that he suffered a medical issue and saying that he was confused. Maybe the poster is the one that was confused. Should we send the poster for a driving test, or should we give them the benefit of the doubt and simply assume that they chose that term specifically to push an agenda?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

lensbaby wrote:
gman313 wrote:
The media actually reported that he suffered a medical issue. There is a big difference between saying that he suffered a medical issue and saying that he was confused. Maybe the poster is the one that was confused. Should we send the poster for a driving test, or should we give them the benefit of the doubt and simply assume that they chose that term specifically to push an agenda?

what sudden onset medical issue causes you to leave the scene of a crash driving your own vehicle after you take out someone else?
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

gman313 wrote:what sudden onset medical issue causes you to leave the scene of a crash driving your own vehicle after you take out someone else?

That is a totally separate issue to my post - I was discussing accuracy in posts being sacrificed for agendas - period
Not what caused the accident or caused the individual to fail to stop.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Any driver impo that does a hit & run, is a pure coward & a chicken s :cuss:

Own up to your mistake and take whats coming.
Last edited by GordonH on Feb 28th, 2018, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

lensbaby wrote:
That is a totally separate issue to my post - I was discussing accuracy in posts being sacrificed for agendas - period

then start your own thread on that topic. I was questioning the accuracy of the media, if the story doesn't add up, question it. that story doesn't add up, especially based on what the victim told us personally. you know, the innocent person whose life is know ruined by a geriatric that should not have been driving
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

gman313 wrote:
lensbaby wrote:

then start your own thread on that topic. I was questioning the accuracy of the media, if the story doesn't add up, question it. that story doesn't add up, especially based on what the victim told us personally. you know, the innocent person whose life is know ruined by a geriatric that should not have been driving

The poor man may have had a medical issue such as a stroke or heart attack and may not have been aware that he struck another car. His driving days may be over or not depending on what his doctor says.
Waste not
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

gman313 wrote:
lensbaby wrote:

This thread is called "Another Senior Drives Into Kelowna Building". You are not discussing that - but somehow I am the one who should have started a new thread?
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Grandan wrote:

The poor man may have had a medical issue such as a stroke or heart attack and may not have been aware that he struck another car. His driving days may be over or not depending on what his doctor says.

Is it even possible to have a heart attack or stroke and continue to drive home? He wasn't found slumped at the wheel a bit further down the road he drove all the way home did he not?
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

dodgerdodgez wrote:
Grandan wrote:

Is it even possible to have a heart attack or stroke and continue to drive home? He wasn't found slumped at the wheel a bit further down the road he drove all the way home did he not?

It is possible to have a stroke which immobilizes you for a few seconds whereafter you have no recollection of what just happened and your first thought is to get home as fast as you can. Stroke often affects only one side of the body leaving the other side with control, sort of.
Since it would be improbable for an old guy to be driving at a high rate of speed unless his foot was jammed n the accelerator
I thInk medical emergency is a valid reason.
Waste not
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

dodgerdodge wrote:Is it even possible to have a heart attack or stroke and continue to drive home? He wasn't found slumped at the wheel a bit further down the road he drove all the way home did he not?

Yes very possible. People (Of all ages) have mini strokes/heart attacks. It's not unusual.

It's always possible he had a reaction to drugs. MIL was taking her drugs wrong and it really affected her. She was way more loony than normal.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!

Return to “Trials & Tribulations of Traffic”