No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

Bigjohn69
Fledgling

No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

Post by Bigjohn69 »

— The Alberta Court of Appeal has upheld an injunction that stops random drug and alcohol testing at Suncor Energy sites in the northeastern part of the province.

http://calgaryherald.com/business/energ ... or-workers
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: No To Random Drug Testing Says,Top Court

Post by GordonH »

Wonder how soon the claim window at WCB Alberta will be over run, due to co-workers on the job being stoned or drunk & causing injuries to happen.

At one time major work sites would have a sign saying how many days since the last accident.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

Well the problem i see is not unions trying to protect addicts of booze or hard drugs .It is the companies trying to write one size fits all when it is not the case .

I saw highland valley hire people who took pain killers but did not hire someone who had marijuana in system . Where is the logic there ? I think unions would bemore open to zero tolerance with realistic guidlines that reflect real life .

No one wants to work with anyone visably intoxicated but the other hand is people being disqualified for something that may not be impairing judgement as some marijuana,preperations do not get anyone high but would not pass,a,test
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

Will they be doing post and pre access.

Return to “Canada”