Trudeau family hangs out with convicted attempted murderer

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Trudeau family hangs out with convicted attempted murder

Post by Glacier »

Terry Glavin is no right-winger. He's definitely left of center. Anyway, he's had enough of PM Trudeau. This is unbelievable...

“Canadian PM was cold shouldered even as Canada has done nothing against India,” Manjit Singh complained. Paradoxically, SAD is part of the BJP’s ruling coalition. SAD has a habit of seeing conspiracies and shadowy hands behind things, but no conspiracy can account for an own-goal escapade so amazingly eventful in eruptions of gross incompetence, lousy manners, dumb-ass judgment and horrific optics that quite a few otherwise spectacularly boneheaded moves went almost entirely unnoticed.

For instance, it barely registered anywhere when Trudeau noted in a speech in New Delhi that Canada had just celebrated its 100th birthday – off by 50 years. Also mercifully overlooked last week: a map of India displayed at last Thursday night’s High Commission party in New Delhi omitted the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir – the shell-shocked, heavily militarized Muslim-majority Indian state that Pakistan claims as its own territory. Imagine the Indian High Commission in Ottawa throwing a party and showing off a huge map of Canada with Quebec missing, and you get the picture.

This whole thing has been an awful, trudging parade of error, idiocy and disgrace. And there is no end of it in sight.

http://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/column ... rning-home
Last edited by Glacier on Mar 1st, 2018, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

I haven't failed until I quit.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Ken7 wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:It's the standard playbook.

Point out just how absolutely terrible JT is or that he did something awful and the immediate response from his supporters is: Well look at Trump or Steven Harper's conservatives...

Hell, even JT does it repeatedly in Question Period himself.

Instead of answering the question (they can't), it's much easier to try and point at something else or use strawman arguments.

I suggest it is OK to admit you too are as naive as the many others who failed to take responsibility for your own actions!

Did you not do your homework before going out to vote? Are you still not getting it, this guy is not Prime Minister quality? Please wake up and be a responsibly voter next go around or just don't vote!

I've actually only ever voted twice in my life and I have no problem admitting it. Once was back 18 years ago in 2000 and the other was in the last election. It SURE AS HELL was NOT for Trudeau. The guy is an idiot.

I'm embarrassed for my friends and family that voted for him, as I honestly believe anyone who voted for him has really low intelligence. The only thing worse IMO that thinking he would be a good PM were the people who "voted strategically" for him just to get Harper out.

Voting for someone completely inept, unqualified, spoiled rotten and delusional just to get rid of someone you're tired of, is a pretty bad reason to vote.

There has never in the history of Canada been such a divide in society, caused by this egomaniac. You can try to attribute it to social media and society in general becoming more culturally aware, but there was NEVER this much discord between people while discussing Mulroney, Chretien, Martin or yes, even Harper. Trudeau has divided Canadians and caused more anger and hatred than anyone else in Canada in my lifetime.
Merry
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Merry »

Question period, which is an opportunity for Canadians to hear WHY their Government has, or has not, done a certain thing, has been disrespected by MP's in the past, and is now being disrespected by our Prime Minister. The very same Prime Minister who promised to "reform question period, to hold the government, and the Prime Minister, to greater account". Well not only has that not happened, but now the PM himself is jumping on the "lets not answer" bandwagon, and we (who pay the bills) deserve better.

Pierre Poilievre, the Conservative finance critic, who you might have imagined would want to talk about a federal budget that was hot off the presses, asked Justin Trudeau about his trip to India and the apparent contradiction of him blaming his own backbencher and the Indian government for the invitation of a convicted terrorist to an official event.

The Prime Minister responded by ignoring the question entirely and trumpeting the benefits of the budget “for the middle class and those working hard to join it.”

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/j ... oody-point

Those of us who disliked Harper (and I am one of that group) need to recognize the fact that even Harper didn't avoid answering questions directed to him in Question Period by giving an answer to a question that hadn't been asked. Trudeau is setting a very bad precedent here which, if allowed to get away with it, will likely become the norm both for him, and all future Prime Ministers. So those of us who believe it's important for our Prime Minister and his Government to be accountable to those who pay their wages, shouldn't allow that to happen.
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

Lady tehMa wrote:

Hilarious, thanx for the post.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Ralph Goodale when approached today by reporters questioning the Atwal incident showed that he also subscribes to the "give no answers" policy.

Shameful, flippant, revolting behaviour by these gawd awful liberals. WE Pay plenty for these jerks to run the country and yet they can't spare a moment to answer questions concerning security or optics.

How much longer before the next election??? I never in my life have wished for the next one so fervently as I do today.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

and the poop keeps running downhill with the Federal Liberals. No one ever takes any blame for their screw-ups in that party. Sounds a lot like the NDP.

A controversial guest at a meet-and-greet with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has the MP responsible for the invitation blaming his inexperienced staff.

Liberal MP Randeep Sarai says he was not personally responsible for inviting Jaspal Atwal, who spent time in prison following an assassination attempt on an Indian cabinet minister visiting Vancouver Island in 1986, on the trip to India.

Atwal was a member of the Sikh Youth Federation at the time, which has since been deemed a terrorist organization by the Canadian government.

MP Sarai, of Surrey Centre, told the Surrey Now-Leader that he left a list of names of people interested in going to the event with his staff, and that neither he nor the young person to whom he gave the list recognized Atwal's name.

Sarai said he and those in his office should have done better with the vetting process.

Criticism of Atwal's inclusion in the event blossomed after photos of him with Sophie Gregoire Trudeau circuclated online. Atwal had also been invited to dinner with the prime minister, though the invitation was rescinded prior to this event.
Former B.C. premier Ujjal Dosanjh was "flabbergasted" that Atwal was invited at all.

"I was shocked at the incompetence it must have taken for the PMO or the RCMP or the High Commission to actually accomplish this—that you have a convicted attempted assassin…who is now hobnobbing with the elite of Canadian politics," Dosanjh told CTV News at the time.

He said Atwal's presence undermined Trudeau's attempts to soothe Indian leaders' worries about the rise of Sikh separatist ideology in Canada.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Let's see, how many stories has Trudeau made up on this whole issue now?

1. It was the High Commission that invited the terrorist
2. It was MP Sarai that invited the terrorist
3. It was the Indian government that invited the terrorist
4. It was some staffer that invited the terrorist

What's next? Does Trudeau think if he tells enough lies that Canadians will become as confused as he, and forget the whole thing happened?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I believe he was definitely set up by somebody.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

You know the old saying... ' If you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bovine excrement'.

GF, I would like to personally thank you for keeping me abreast of just what a conniving , incapable and pathetic boy that the millennials elected to run this country into the ground. That being said, make sure you save some energy for just prior to the 2019 election as that is when this country will most need your enlightening information. :130:
Someone has to say it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Or at least keeping us all up with the latest opinion, part truth or out right outrageous partisonship piece ever. I'm not always against or opposed to what you post GF, you know that right? But I am part and parcel of a few who keep you grounded.

You never did say what you think of Trump hurting Canada, nevermind Trudeau's response. Off topic, I know, I know. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Queen K wrote:I believe he was definitely set up by somebody.

what was really exposed here was the fact that the Liberal government is in bed with Sikh separatists, and have a hard time disavowing these terrorists for the sake of Canadian votes. And it doesn't stop there. NDP leader Jagmeet Singh was denied entry into India three years ago because of his separatist ties. Time for some reporters to really start digging into this ugly under-belly of Canadian politics.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/to ... e19381180/
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Sources say what triggered alarm bells in the Indian Home Ministry were statements Mr. Singh made at various public gatherings last year on the issue of the killing of Sikhs in New Delhi and elsewhere after the assassination of former prime minister Indira Gandhi on Oct. 31, 1984, by her own bodyguards.

In the riots that ensued, reports say, more than 3,000 people were killed.

The 34-year-old Mr. Singh, a litigation lawyer who was born and educated in Canada, has said that "the word 'riot' is a misnomer for what happened in November, 1984. I have been propagating the issue that these were not riots between the two [Hindu and Sikh] communities. Instead it was a state-sponsored massacre."

He has also reportedly used the word "genocide" to refer to the killings of Sikhs.

The problem may be that he told the truth? Like referring to the Kurdish genocide in Turkey as a genocide. Ticks off the Turks to no end.

So he didn't get his visa, recently got married, is the head of a political party in Canada and has learned about the inconsisties of a huge bureaucracy in India. I just read where in India child kidnapping is common and authorities do nothing. BBC.com.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

what was really exposed here was the fact that the Liberal government is in bed with Sikh separatists, and have a hard time disavowing these terrorists for the sake of Canadian votes. And it doesn't stop there. NDP leader Jagmeet Singh was denied entry into India three years ago because of his separatist ties. Time for some reporters to really start digging into this ugly under-belly of Canadian politics.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/to ... e19381180/[/quote]

It seems that some of our political masters and parties are quite possibly tainted with criminal and terrorist affiliates. Lots of shoulder rubbings, holidays and festive dinner parties with the Questionables.

It may be that such activity is so deeply ingrained that an investigation will bring forth howls of rage from those who are now fully indoctorinated with the leftist kool-aid, not to mention the newly created laws to protect terrorists under the banner of "canadian citizenship" and anti-phobia laws. What chance of a real investigation now?

With our Crime Minister at the helm, Canada will be unrecognizable soon.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

The PM wasn't set up. Personally I figure he invited him. Now all the blame gaming, disgrace.
Yes written by a former NDP but still interesting take
http://torontosun.com/opinion/columnist ... meet-singh
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Canada”