Auditor General to review Site C

Cactusflower
Banned

Re: Auditor General to review Site C

Post by Cactusflower »

Bigjohn69 wrote:British Columbians are being left out in the cold as the BC Utilities Commission has rejected the BC government’s proposal to freeze hydro rates in the province. The BCUC says there is insufficient regulatory justification to approve the NDP plan.

What this means for you is a three per cent increase in rates starting on April 1st.

http://www.news1130.com/2018/03/01/bcuc ... dro-rates/

Who didn't see that coming? They have to pay for those Site C cost overruns somehow. Also, fighting that First Nations court injunction isn't going to be cheap.
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

Bigjohn69 wrote:

Im not sure how an increase is cheaper . In most peoples reality it is more expensive .

Yes they will be more expensive but the BCUC and anyone with half a brain realizes that the everyday cost of doing business, fuel, transportation, maintenance, you name it goes up and a business requires increased revenue to meet those everyday costs. We will still be amongst the very lowest hydro costs in North America in fact the world. The BCUC is just trying to keep them there for the future by allowing BC Hydro to run it;s business in a sustainable way.

Cactusflower wrote:

Who didn't see that coming? They have to pay for those Site C cost overruns somehow. Also, fighting that First Nations court injunction isn't going to be cheap.

This has nothing to do with cost overruns and I believe you actually know that at least you should. Site C will pay for itself once it is on line. As I said above this is to cover the everyday costs of running a business and if as you I believe you have claimed, have run a business, you would be aware of that. Unless of course that is why you are not still in business. The Auditor General already knows that site C is the best thing for BC and is just doing a normal review which is also good business. Sorry but you are again hoping for something that is not going to happen just like the majority of Horgan's promises. You people got your wishes, site C was reviewed and proved to be the best solution. The rate increase was reviewed and again proved to be the best solution to normal business cost increases. Time to give it up and admit BC Hydro is making the right business decisions.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4558357
"Even these increases do not fully recover BC Hydro's forecast revenue requirement, which include items such as operating costs, new capital expenditures and carrying costs on capital expenditures".

Nor do they recover the multi-millions stolen over the years by the BC Liberal government in order to try to present a balanced budget.
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-hydro-freeze-rejected-threepercent-1.4558357
"Even these increases do not fully recover BC Hydro's forecast revenue requirement, which include items such as operating costs, new capital expenditures and carrying costs on capital expenditures".

Nor do they recover the multi-millions stolen over the years by the BC Liberal government in order to try to present a balanced budget.

I'm sure we are all very much looking forward to a BC government doing a better job than the BC Liberals have done.

As I understand it, the funds re-directed from BC Hydro by past governments were used for programs for British Columbians, as our taxes and the profits from our assets should be used.

Now that far more of our taxes and the profits from our assets are being channeled directly into provincial parties' coffers, it will be interesting to see whether or not the current government continues the practice of redirecting funds from BC Hydro. And of course it will also be interesting to see whether or not those so vocally opposed to the BC Liberals having redirected funds on our behalf will suddenly change their tunes.

Perhaps the AG review will touch on this.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/br ... e38124678/
This is what happens when a government/crown corporation goes off half-cocked. This whole boondoggle would never have happened if the First Nations had been consulted in the first place. The cost overruns are going to kill us. Horgan made a huge mistake by letting this white elephant proceed.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/site-c-faces-rising-costs-owing-to-work-stoppage-bc-hydro-says/article38124678/
    This is what happens when a government/crown corporation goes off half-cocked. This whole boondoggle would never have happened if the First Nations had been consulted in the first place. The cost overruns are going to kill us. Horgan made a huge mistake by letting this white elephant proceed.

Note this from your article: "BC Hydro reserves the right to seek recovery of that cost from the West Moberly First Nation in the future."

No amount of consultation is enough for some people and it must be remembered that consultation does not equal veto power.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote: Horgan made a huge mistake by letting this white elephant proceed.

If you are talking about a wind farm that Horgan approved, then I am in total agreement. There are no bigger white elephants than wind farms.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Cactusflower wrote:https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/site-c-faces-rising-costs-owing-to-work-stoppage-bc-hydro-says/article38124678/

Oh give it a rest already. The First Nations were consulted, and most are onboard with the project, yet all you keep going on about, is the two radical groups, that wouldn't be happy with hundreds of consultations.

I guess that's because all the groups that are OK with Site C, are useless in furthering your agenda.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news ... -regulator
Remember this one? It was published long before the First Nations lawsuit. The biggest BC Hydro/BC Liberal boondoggle will never be forgotten by common sense British Columbians.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Then I guess we can take comfort, in knowing that you won't remember a thing about it soon enough. [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

HA HA HA!! burn
Sorry cactusflower, you know I love you.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

I'm not here to win a popularity contest; I'm here to educate the masses. :130:
Smurf
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Smurf »

You are failing miserably.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

Cactusflower wrote:I'm not here to win a popularity contest; I'm here to educate the masses. :130:

More like quote BC NDP talking points and propagandize them.
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Cactusflower wrote:I'm not here to win a popularity contest; I'm here to educate the masses. :130:

There's always that fine line between education and propaganda...

Return to “B.C.”