NHL

Sports, camping, hunting, fishing, hiking, exercise, biking, scooters...you get the idea.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Re: NHL

Post by JayByrd »

johnny24 wrote:
NHL attendance figures are a joke. Detroit apparently has been 100% full for the season. Anyone watching their games can see the building is no where close to being full. Empty seats everywhere. I don't think Florida has been 73% full for any of their games. I'd be surprised if they get 3,000 most nights. Free ticket giveaways should not be included in attendance, but I suspect they are being included.

My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

JayByrd wrote:
My understanding in Detroit, and I've heard this from more than one source, is that the concourse in their new building is so spacious, with so many food options and big screens, that people are finding it unnecessary to go to their seats. So there are several thousand people on the concourse at any given time.

As well as season ticket holders who don't go to the games for whatever reason. Some will only go to games against the "better" teams.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......*bleep*.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

lesliepaul wrote:Watched the highlights of the Winnipeg Jets and Vegas Knights last night.............the ref's in this game leave a lot to be desired. The Jets goalie (Hellabucyk) while on his knees in the crease gets slashed across the lower part of his mask with the Vegas player BREAKING his sick doing this. Puck trickles loose and is knocked into the net..........GOAL!!! After a review you would think "no goal, penalty for slashing". Goal stands.......*bleep*.? Open season on goalies now I guess.

Maybe these are instructions from Bettman to the ref's..........make sure everything goes in Vegas's favour!

impo goalie interference no question (plus a slashing penalty), terrible call by the ref.
As I see it goalie interference should be taken out of the hands of the referees & be reviewed back in Toronto.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.

phaneuf is a slug imo
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Dion Phaneuf is gone from Ottawa, he is now LA King, Marián Gáborík is now a Ottawa Senator.

the truth wrote:phaneuf is a slug imo

His first 4 year in Calgary he was above average, today he is not worth the 7 mil contact.
Hopefully that changes in LA.... did not work in either Toronto or Ottawa.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

2018 NHL Trade Deadline will be happening Monday, February 26

As posted yesterday first of many trades to come I'm sure
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Really starting to look like Seattle is going to get an NHL team.
jaz301
Walks on Forum Water

Post by jaz301 »

Frisk wrote:Really starting to look like Seattle is going to get an NHL team.

Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image
Life is too sho......
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ once Seattle enters the league then either Edmonton or Arizona should be moved to the Central Division. Giving each division 8 teams
(impo Arizona should)
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

jaz301 wrote:

Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image

Calgary might not have a team.
RupertBear
Übergod

Post by RupertBear »

Arizona makes the most sense to switch divisions. Geographic rivalry with both Colorado and Dallas. Keep Edmonton and Calgary in the same division due to their rivalry.
In the future, if Arizona moves to Quebec, you can slot them into the Atlantic Division and move Detroit from the Atlantic to the Central.
"Do the best with what you know, and when you know better, do better." -- Maya Angelou
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree :smt045
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

jaz301 wrote:Considering they got over 25,000 deposits for Season tickets I would say Seattle will get a team. If Seattle does get a team the question then is how will divisions work? The Central division in the only one with 7 teams the rest have 8. Seattle would work make most sense in the Pacific, but then Pacific would have 9 teams. Image

johnny24 wrote:Calgary might not have a team.

How so johnny24, please clarify.

Return to “Sports / Great Outdoors”