How to put a spin on tourism figures

John Crawford
Fledgling

How to put a spin on tourism figures

Post by John Crawford »

I think the president of Tourism Kelowna, should become a politician. Her spin on the tourism figures are amazing, https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ng-in-2017
The numbers from, Salmond Arm in the North to Oliver in the South were pathetic, during June, July and August. The response to the media from our Tourism President was similar to the response we had in 2003 when we had the fires, none existence.
To put a spun on the numbers saying they were 0.3 higher is (printable words fail me) three months of reasonable growth does not equate to a good year
Last edited by John Crawford on Mar 2nd, 2018, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: How to put a spin on tourism figures

Post by Glacier »

May through September was a write-off last year due to the floods then the fires. I wouldn't put any stock in the numbers.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Considering the "spin" they put on their necessity for spiffy new lakefront offices - playing around with these numbers was a walk in the park.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Glacier wrote:May through September was a write-off last year due to the floods then the fires. I wouldn't put any stock in the numbers.

I predict that this year's numbers will be greater than last year's numbers.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Where exactly is this "spin"? Tourism and hotel occupancy has been growing year after year, with 2016 being a record year - 2017 showed a slight decrease for obvious reasons. Both WestJet and Air Canada have boosted capacity into YLW, Flair started service into YLW and flights are full. Sorry to rain on your parade there OP, but tourism is still growing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

Hey all the numbers went up... and Airbnb & VRBO haven't put the hotels out of business? [icon_lol2.gif]
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
John Crawford
Fledgling

Post by John Crawford »

sublime wrote:Hey all the numbers went up... and Airbnb & VRBO haven't put the hotels out of business? [icon_lol2.gif]

Where do you see "all numbers went up"?, they increased marginally for three months,
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

John Crawford wrote:
sublime wrote:Hey all the numbers went up... and Airbnb & VRBO haven't put the hotels out of business? [icon_lol2.gif]

Where do you see "all numbers went up"?, they increased marginally for three months,

Ya, when everyone stayed away because they thought all of BC was on fire... I'm surprised the numbers didn't drop!
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Central Okanagan”