Flat earthers conference in Edmonton

Cactusflower
Banned

Flat earthers conference in Edmonton

Post by Cactusflower »

https://globalnews.ca/news/4060192/flat ... -edmonton/
How fitting. But of course B.C. has no shortage of flat earthers either. They're the same ones who think climate and weather are synonymous, and that increasing GHG emissions actually causes them to decrease because that's what Trudeau told them. (I'm not even going to get started on what Harper told them!)
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Re: Flat earthers conference in Edmonton

Post by Ka-El »

“We think science is good, we’re not anti-science,” he said. “A lot of science has moved away from what science is supposed to be, it’s very theoretical. What experiment do you actually do to prove the curvature of the Earth?”

:135: Experiment? How about pictures from space? How come there's no Flat Mars Society?
Snman
Übergod

Post by Snman »

I think painting flat earthers and those that question climate change with the same brush is a bit unfair, cactusflower. Ka-El, there probably was a Flat Mars society but weren't they embarrassed when they abandoned Mars for Earth, and they saw it was actually a big old ball in space. :200:
Last edited by Snman on Mar 3rd, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance - Socrates
Jack DeBear
Board Meister

Post by Jack DeBear »

I really had a laugh at Paula's take.

http://edmontonjournal.com/opinion/colu ... conference
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

If there was a flat mars society, would they care at all that Mars climate is warming?

https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice-age-ending-now.html
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

"enclosed creationist" Ha I want that on a t shirt. And must they always announce delegates are attending from around the globe?
Yes, earth is flat and static and the moon is just a big pizza pie.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
justincase
Board Meister

Post by justincase »

Lol...Edmonton hosts Flat Earth conference. Before you know it they will be denying global climate change, endorsing guns in schools, privatizing Canadian healthcare, giving skinheads a voice, and voting Conservative.....OH, WAIT!
1) People forget conservatives used to be fiscally conservative. After harper, they have become fiscally liberal and socially racist. Fascism is the only thing they wish to conserve.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

justincase wrote:Lol...Edmonton hosts Flat Earth conference. Before you know it they will be denying global climate change, endorsing guns in schools, privatizing Canadian healthcare, giving skinheads a voice, and voting Conservative.....OH, WAIT!

who is "denying climate change"? The climate is always changing.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/4060192/flat-earth-conference-edmonton/
How fitting. But of course B.C. has no shortage of flat earthers either. They're the same ones who think climate and weather are synonymous, and that increasing GHG emissions actually causes them to decrease because that's what Trudeau told them. (I'm not even going to get started on what Harper told them!)

I checked and this indeed is all about a Flat Earth society and nothing whatsoever to do with the man-made climate change myth. Why would you even link the two? I can see where you could say that Flat Earth theory doesn't have much science related to it, but then you would have to link that to people who still believe in the debunked man-made climate change theory and AGW. Both people would be considered "anti-science", though allowed to have their opinions.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Cactusflower wrote:https://globalnews.ca/news/4060192/flat-earth-conference-edmonton/

I checked and this indeed is all about a Flat Earth society and nothing whatsoever to do with the man-made climate change myth. Why would you even link the two? I can see where you could say that Flat Earth theory doesn't have much science related to it, but then you would have to link that to people who still believe in the debunked man-made climate change theory and AGW. Both people would be considered "anti-science", though allowed to have their opinions.

I concur. :130: [icon_lol2.gif]
Bring back the LIKE button.
christopher
Board Meister

Post by christopher »

As long as they are not hurting anyone and want to spend money COME ON DOWN
Last edited by christopher on Mar 3rd, 2018, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

I have some earth, that’s flat.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.

Return to “Canada”