GEID Water rates

Whyme2
Übergod

GEID Water rates

Post by Whyme2 »

The Glenmore- Ellison improvement district now wants $300.00 Bi-monthly for water rates for residential home owners that don’t have water meters installed.
I would love to know what most folks are paying for metered water rates in the GEID district. $1800.00 a year for water is getting ridiculous. :swear:
drex1999
Board Meister

Re: GEID Water rates

Post by drex1999 »

I have a small lawn but watching my watering last year, two person household, my total yearly spend was about $600. Looks like you can pay for the meter and still save money this year, or at least break even if your water needs are greater
wafflejester

Post by wafflejester »

There are still GEID customers out there without meters? I paid around $600-700 for 2017 for a 0.33 acre lot with underground sprinklers.
northglenmore2012
Fledgling

Post by northglenmore2012 »

You'll notice the GEID rates on their website, that those with "Farm Status" pay for their connection but NOTHING per M2 (square metres) of usage. For crying out loud, at least a nominal fee for usage. Where's their incentive to conserve.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Whyme2 wrote:The Glenmore- Ellison improvement district now wants $300.00 Bi-monthly for water rates for residential home owners that don’t have water meters installed.
I would love to know what most folks are paying for metered water rates in the GEID district. $1800.00 a year for water is getting ridiculous. :swear:

I have a 2+ acre lot on GEID. I got my bill for 3 months of summer watering and it was $1800. That's $600 per month for watering. I paid nearly 5 times the rate that water users with farm status pays. I am in the ALR but the land cannot be farmed due to it's steep terrain.
I was told by Corix that there were hundreds still not on meters. I am sorry I installed the meter when I did, it seems that many of the larger lots are now getting a free ride.
With all the extra cash coming in from overcharging for high volume users like me the top rate of $1.44 GEID is able to print 4 colour glossy periodicals to inform us what a great job they are doing.
I am waiting until I am not so angry before I go in and complain.
Waste not
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Grandan wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:The Glenmore- Ellison improvement district now wants $300.00 Bi-monthly for water rates for residential home owners that don’t have water meters installed.

I have a 2+ acre lot on GEID. I got my bill for 3 months of summer watering and it was $1800. That's $600 per month for watering. I paid nearly 5 times the rate that water users with farm status pays. I am in the ALR but the land cannot be farmed due to it's steep terrain.
I was told by Corix that there were hundreds still not on meters. I am sorry I installed the meter when I did, it seems that many of the larger lots are now getting a free ride.
With all the extra cash coming in from overcharging for high volume users like me the top rate of $1.44 GEID is able to print 4 colour glossy periodicals to inform us what a great job they are doing.
I am waiting until I am not so angry before I go in and complain.

jump through the hoops to become farm status, seems like its worth it,the land doesnt need to be farmed per se, the farm just need to see a certain amount of dollars selling , be it beef or honey or what have you
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Really need to hear what residential (Home owners) are paying on average for water being metered. :130:
Last edited by Whyme2 on Mar 3rd, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Put in a dedicated well for irrigation needs or just don't water. A brown lawn is like the badge of honour for your efforts on conservation.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

[quote="alanjh595"]Put in a dedicated well for irrigation needs or just don't water. A brown lawn is like the badge of honour for your efforts on conservation.[/quote

Not really even concerned about irrigation, more so just water usage in the home.
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Whyme2 wrote:Really need to hear what residential (Home owners) are paying on average for water being metered. :130:

I am on Rutland Water, i paid $56.97 for Jan 1 to Mar 31.
Its sad to see Glenmore paying that much for water when the water comes out of the taps yellow.
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I live within the GEID and pay $2,200 for taxes, all in. Garbage water, sewer, etc. Something doesn't add up here??????
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

Didn't they build a new plant to pump water from OK Lake? Someone has to pay for it lol
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

stevemic wrote:
Whyme2 wrote:Really need to hear what residential (Home owners) are paying on average for water being metered. :130:

I am on Rutland Water, i paid $56.97 for Jan 1 to Mar 31.
Its sad to see Glenmore paying that much for water when the water comes out of the taps yellow.

I have been in Glenmore for 20 years and have never seen yellow water, unless they were flushing the pipes and I was warned well in advance.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

goalie wrote:Didn't they build a new plant to pump water from OK Lake? Someone has to pay for it lol

Yes they did and the water is much better and it’s appreciated.
My problem is they want us to cover the cost of the meter and the install, no where have I ever heard this before. I didn’t have to pay for my smart meter or gas meter.
And now $1800.00 a year if you don’t have a meter. :swear:
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

I agree that is a crazy amount. They should cover the cost of install.

Return to “Central Okanagan”