Dave Barrett's memorial

Cactusflower
Banned

Dave Barrett's memorial

Post by Cactusflower »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... -1.4561124
I guess there won't be many on these Castanet forums who watched the live streaming of Dave's big send-off, and I can't imagine this even happening if the BC Liberals were the government today, even though he was probably the best Premier B.C. has ever had. He accomplished more good things for British Columbians in his three short years than Wacky did in twenty, and Campbell & Clark did in sixteen.

There were many humorous tales told about Dave today, but none as good as the one Joy McPhail told about the time he told her, when she was lamenting about how mean the BC Libs were to her after the 2001 election. He said, "No worries, Joy" (or words to that effect), "The two of you and 77 of those :cuss: , that's a pretty good match."
mikest2
Lord of the Board

Re: Dave Barrett's memorial

Post by mikest2 »

Cactusflower wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/dave-barrett-memorial-victoria-2018-1.4561124
I guess there won't be many on these Castanet forums who watched the live streaming of Dave's big send-off, and I can't imagine this even happening if the BC Liberals were the government today, even though he was probably the best Premier B.C. has ever had. He accomplished more good things for British Columbians in his three short years than Wacky did in twenty, and Campbell & Clark did in sixteen.

There were many humorous tales told about Dave today, but none as good as the one Joy McPhail told about the time he told her, when she was lamenting about how mean the BC Libs were to her after the 2001 election. He said, "No worries, Joy" (or words to that effect), "The two of you and 77 of those :cuss: , that's a pretty good match."

I won't speak ill of the dead, Dave Barrett was OK, but he was nowhere near the man or premier that WAC B was. We are still benefiting from WAC B's legacy.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...
Cactusflower
Banned

Post by Cactusflower »

WAC did fix the highway system in B.C. I'll give him that.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Cactusflower wrote:I guess there won't be many on these Castanet forums who watched the live streaming of Dave's big send-off,

No disrespect, but why would we want to watch a bunch of NDP'ers eulogize someone we don't care about? I definitely won't be watching when Glen Clark and Adrian Dix finally go to their just rewards either.

and I can't imagine this even happening if the BC Liberals were the government today,

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that the BC Liberals would block a funeral purely for political purposes? How bizarre to even think this. Just so wrong.

even though he was probably the best Premier B.C. has ever had.

LOL - what a crock. For "the best premier BC has ever had" he had a remarkably short reign. Usually "the best" means that they can win more than one election. If he was so good, why did he lose after only 3 years? Let me guess, it's because the voters were dumb. That's it. That's been the "go to" line of every NDP zombie I've ever met.

He accomplished more good things for British Columbians in his three short years

Like what? If he accomplished so much, why did he lose the next election?

Joy McPhail is a giant meat-head. If Barrett said that, he must have been drunk.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Drip_Torch
Guru

Post by Drip_Torch »

^^^ :kick: ^^^
Drip Torch - an upright and steadfast keeper of the flame, but when tilted sideways the contents spill and then our destiny is in the wind...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Thank God for the ALR.

Otherwise the Okanagan would be roof top to roof top by now.

Thank you Dave Barrett.

So yes, we are still benefitting from a legacy he left.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 4th, 2018, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:Thank God for the ALR.

Otherwise the Okanagan would be roof top to roof top by now.

Thank you Dave Barrett.

So yes, we are still benefitting from a legacy he left.

I am not totally against the ALR I guess. I just don't understand why land that is in the ALR just sits barren. And of course, it took years to figure out what to do with that stinky feedlot in Rutland, because it was in the ALR too. As usual, unforeseen consequences of policy not totally and completely thought out by the NDP.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ummmm, this is a memorial thread.

:topic: maybe? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Queen K wrote:Ummmm, this is a memorial thread.

There was already a memorial thread for this guy:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76998

Why couldn't constant thread starter have just used that one?

And I'm sorry, but to say that this memorial wouldn't have happened if the BC Liberals were in power is the height of partisan garbage and stupidity. If you want to go on about a guy who was only premier of BC for 3 years 45 years ago, great, but don't use that to tell giant fat whopping lies. That's just a slap in the face to the person you are supposed to be honoring.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

Queen K wrote:Ummmm, this is a memorial thread.

CF should never have started this "memorial thread" by politicizing it in her original post. As has been pointed out there is already a memorial thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76998

Return to “B.C.”