Nice weather

JagXKR
Lord of the Board

Re: Nice weather

Post by JagXKR »

I live by the meteorological season mantra. I feel it is a more accurate description of the seasons, especially in the Okanagan.

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/aboutseasons.html

Spring started March 1. Cold start to spring. Brrr. :-X
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I did some work outdoors but it never did warm up to stay outdoors.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

The collection of yard waste has begun. Can we put snow in our containers? :up:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Osoyoos was one of the top 5 wettest places in BC yesterday.

Wettest places in BC on March 4th:

1) Hope = 3.3 mm
3) Golden = 1.6 mm
4) Agassiz = 1.5 mm
4) Creston = 1.4 mm
5) Osoyoos = 1.3 mm
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

What the heck is wrong with Castanets reporting on the weather because they just seem to get it wrong every time, at least their weather page forecast courtesy of Environment Canada never matches their headline story.

Forecast for Kelowna currently shows snow flurries for at least 3 days as well as sun and cloud with maximum temp of 7 on Wednesday yet this story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... week-ahead

Says, and i quote: The Okanagan should reach temperatures in the mid teens by as early as Wednesday
Then further down the article it says, and i quote: Wednesday will feel like summer is around the corner with a high of 7 C and sunshine all day.
So since when has 7 been in the teens???????????
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I don't know, but I'm in lower mission right now and it's snowing out. :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

dodgerdodge wrote:What the heck is wrong with Castanets reporting on the weather because they just seem to get it wrong every time, at least their weather page forecast courtesy of Environment Canada never matches their headline story.

Forecast for Kelowna currently shows snow flurries for at least 3 days as well as sun and cloud with maximum temp of 7 on Wednesday yet this story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... week-ahead

Says, and i quote: The Okanagan should reach temperatures in the mid teens by as early as Wednesday
Then further down the article it says, and i quote: Wednesday will feel like summer is around the corner with a high of 7 C and sunshine all day.
So since when has 7 been in the teens???????????

Maybe they mean by Wednesday the following week?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Glacier wrote:Maybe they mean by Wednesday the following week?

Well the article says "warm week ahead" so one would assume they are talking this week but as its Castanet reporting maybe you are right. Clear as mud would be a better headline. [icon_lol2.gif]
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Queen K wrote:I don't know, but I'm in lower mission right now and it's snowing out. :D

BIG flakes coming down now here too in the (not so democratic) republic of the DLC.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

I just checked out the cams and one of the Penticton cams (that really is one of the prettiest views) is amazing right now!

wow.jpg
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

So i looked out the window this morning and saw snow flakes, so much for warmer weather and an end to winter. It did become very nice later on but forecast showing only 4 for Wednesday and back to flurries and rain for Thursday, even Saturdays double digits have dropped to 9 so seems like we aren't getting a warm spring like week after all.
Who makes this stuff up?
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

dodgerdodge wrote:So i looked out the window this morning and saw snow flakes, so much for warmer weather and an end to winter. It did become very nice later on but forecast showing only 4 for Wednesday and back to flurries and rain for Thursday, even Saturdays double digits have dropped to 9 so seems like we aren't getting a warm spring like week after all.
Who makes this stuff up?

No kidding eh!...quarantee we’ll see double digits by July. :up:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Clear sky this morning, sun to melt those gigantic snow mounds out there!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

There's so much snow out there people's roofs are collapsing... https://www.nelsonstar.com/news/house-r ... in-nakusp/

Oh, and if you're thinking, "so what, I have insurance, so please collapse so I get a new roof," it's not just the roof that comes down, but the entire structure!
- Douglas Murray
Frisk
Guru

Post by Frisk »

Forecast is looking niceeeeeee
Attachments
Forecast March 7th .png

Return to “Central Okanagan”