Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Did the Conservatives pick a Dud?

Post by rustled »

Omnitheo wrote:When did Bill Nye claim to be a scientist? He’s a science presenter.
Nye's a policy shill. There's no other way to describe his barf-worthy program on Netflix. This JT-Nye combo is another darned good example of the vast difference between policy-based science and science-based policy.

I'd like to think Scheer would have the good sense to avoid getting mired in this kind of mucky nonsense altogether.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Sorry but if you're knocking my man Bill you are definitely some kind of monster. He's a science communicater and promotor. Who on Earth would be opposed to that?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Jx3
Übergod

Post by Jx3 »

Omnitheo wrote:When did Bill Nye claim to be a scientist? He’s a science presenter.

The Green Barbarian wrote:He's a "science guy".

No. He's "the" science guy!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

rustled wrote:Nye's a policy shill. There's no other way to describe his barf-worthy program on Netflix. This JT-Nye combo is another darned good example of the vast difference between policy-based science and science-based policy.

I'd like to think Scheer would have the good sense to avoid getting mired in this kind of mucky nonsense altogether.

Well said. :130:
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Jx3 wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:He's a "science guy".

No. He's "the" science guy!

I stand corrected.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote:Sorry but if you're knocking my man Bill you are definitely some kind of monster. He's a science communicater and promotor. Who on Earth would be opposed to that?

Then I'm a monster, LOL. Have you watched his show on Netflix? I actually felt quite sorry for him, thinking he'd gotten duped into participating, and then I realized it's a series. He's gone from science presenter to policy shill, cut from the same cloth as Suzuki. Such a shame.

BTW, Omnitheo: he actually does hold a bachelor of science.

Keeping this on topic, though: I'd hope Scheer would do a better job of steering clear of this mucky nonsense.
There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - Martin Luther King Jr.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote:Sorry but if you're knocking my man Bill

LOL - Bill is a shill. And a bonehead.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Haven't seen his new show. I don't have TV. I'm definately going to take his side most of the time over someone like GB who doesn't understand science or a Conservative youtube commentator (really Glacier?).

It's too bad the Conservatives don't dump their social policies, put together a comprehensive climate change policy that is mindful of jobs and have a policy of doing absolutely nothing different with our gun laws. I might actually vote for them in the future.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
rustled
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by rustled »

JLives wrote:Haven't seen his new show. I don't have TV. I'm definately going to take his side most of the time over someone like GB who doesn't understand science or a Conservative youtube commentator (really Glacier?).

It's too bad the Conservatives don't dump their social policies, put together a comprehensive climate change policy that is mindful of jobs and have a policy of doing absolutely nothing different with our gun laws. I might actually vote for them in the future.

Why is it about taking sides? It should be about science, and it should be about science-based policy, not policy-based science.

I know you're not a fan of carbon taxes. What should Scheer's climate policy look like, to secure your vote?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

JLives wrote: I'm definately going to take his side most of the time over someone like GB who doesn't understand science

LOL - what a silly uninformed comment. Bill understands the Green in shilling for Big Green all right. He has that message loud and clear.

or a Conservative youtube commentator (really Glacier?).

Yes and I assume you didn't watch what this "conservative commentator" had to say. Can't ever question that innate confirmation bias. Thanks for posting Glacier. I wonder how much longer Crowder is going to be allowed to be on YouTube now that the 10,000 strong SJW army is coming after guys like him.

It's too bad the Conservatives don't dump their social policies,

What social policies should they dump?

put together a comprehensive climate change policy that is mindful of jobs

What does this even mean?

and have a policy of doing absolutely nothing different with our gun laws.

What's wrong with our current gun laws?

I might actually vote for them in the future.

I hope you never do, as I honestly hope that the Conservatives never try to pander to the completely loony far left. That would be disastrous. Keep voting for the nutty NDP, we're all good with that.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Dr. Gad Saad. Not conservative like Louder with Crowder...

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
hobbyguy
Buddha of the Board

Post by hobbyguy »

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/scheer-jerusalem-pledge-1.4554101

"This is why Conservative leader Andrew Scheer's abruptly delivered promise that a Tory government would recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital feels strange and wrong. Scheer's pledge, posted on the Conservative Party website, answers a question that few Canadians are asking."

SNIP

"Where Scheer's political credibility with Canadian voters is concerned, the most important message he can send is that he won't be taking his policy cues from Trump, who is one of the most massively unpopular American political figures in the history of modern Canadian polling. Unfortunately, with his monkey-see, monkey-do Jerusalem stunt, Scheer is making me wonder what other bad Trump ideas he'll be looking to borrow."
The middle path - everything in moderation, and everything in its time and order.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Good move to do that. First good thing ive heard from Scheer. Support Israel. F hamas
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

hobbyguy wrote:Unfortunately, with his monkey-see, monkey-do Jerusalem stunt, Scheer is making me wonder what other bad Trump ideas he'll be looking to borrow."

Why is it a "bad" idea exactly? Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Pretending it isn't is a cowardly act, and hasn't worked to fix anything in 60 years. Good on Scheer for having the guts to follow the leader. Too bad our current ball-less boy blunder of a PM doesn't have the guts to do it.

Nikki Haley - what a great ambassador! I just love how she sticks it to those Israel hating leftist bags of crap at the UN.

Return to “Canada”